League of Legends

Comments

• Adding that blitz+morde bot lane is one of the few lanes with very real lv. 1 kill potential, and they snowball insanely hard off of tiny advantages :O!
  • Jor said:
    I'm finally climbing after finding my home in top lane. I found out how hard Nasus smacks Illaoi last night when I had around 250 stacks at 12 mins from her tentacles.
    Illaoi main. 1v1 me bro. I love fighting Reneks and Nasus who try to counter pick me. Kekeke.
    People don't realize the true counter to my hentai goddess is Poppy. Fuck that aura stopping all my tentacles from smushing her. 

But for reals if you play on NA add me. Kythrena.
  • Y'all make me want to start this season's climb for real now ):
    Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh hurty, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh fighty, hurty, fighty, hurty, fighty, slicey, slicey, facey, kickey -

art stream / twitter / ko-fi
  • Kythra said:
    Jor said:
    I'm finally climbing after finding my home in top lane. I found out how hard Nasus smacks Illaoi last night when I had around 250 stacks at 12 mins from her tentacles.
    Illaoi main. 1v1 me bro. I love fighting Reneks and Nasus who try to counter pick me. Kekeke.
    People don't realize the true counter to my hentai goddess is Poppy. Fuck that aura stopping all my tentacles from smushing her. 

But for reals if you play on NA add me. Kythrena.
    The real counter to Illaoi is Vlad
  • edited June 2017
    I mean pretty much every current meta top laner will dumpster both Illaoi and Nasus if they're played properly. Not to mention be infinitely more useful in team fights. Hence why they're meta, and those two aren't... Alas, solo queue top laners still think teleport is bad, and ignite or ghost is way better.

When it comes to bruiser vs bruiser, if a Renekton loses he should really consider uninstalling. He is THE champ to play when you want to win vs tanks/bruisers, which is precisely why there's been a resurgence of people picking him in competitive.
  • I get Illaoi stomps on Nasus, but Renekton is skill matchup at best, tough matchup at worst for Illaoi. Renek is crazy strong and borderline broken imo, has been for like 2 seasons now aside from "that" recent patch
  • As an Illaoi main, Renekton is pretty easy because you can shove him in and poke him at the same time with your aoe. I generally have a lot more trouble with a good Kayle/Quinn since they can just dodge all your shit and smack you down at range. The only melee champs Illaoi really needs to fear are Darius (skill matchup, first kill usually decides the lane) and Mordekaiser (just fuck this guy) imo
  • Renekton, when played well, has no 'counters' in the current meta. Except maybe a good Jayce. Not even Kennen counters him anymore; at best he'll go even, same with Galio.

As I said above, there's a reason he's at (or very close to) a 100% pick/ban in competitive right now, because he is that good. His 'problem' is that he falls off a fair bit late game if it (late game) drags out too long.
  • TIL competitive is soloq. I've played hundreds of renekton and illaoi games and imo the matchup heavily favours illaoi given roughly equal skill
  • Given equal skill (as in, knowing how Illaoi actually works), the matchup most definitely favours Renekton.

The comparison to competitive was because that's a better measure of determining if something's actually a counter, or if the person is just plain bad at the champion. Of the hundreds of high level soloq games I've watched, I don't think I've seen Illaoi win there either.
  • YMMV then I guess. I'm just reporting on my experience, which happens to be in line with the matchup statistics on champion.gg
  • Kayn is so edgey his ultimate skin better have a trenchcoat and fedora.
  • I started playing, "Kostimon", but I don't pvp yet. Add me if you want to do bot games. Current favorite is Sona or annie support.

• A friend linked me this while we were watching the last set of games last night, I died.
  • NA is relentlessly a disappointment at Worlds.
  • Cloud 9 can never disappoint me. Their logo is to well designed.
  • @Tahquil I remember the first time I saw their logo up close and realized what it was, and then excitedly told my friends, and disappointedly realized I was the last person to get it.

I think Worlds is the only time I'm brave enough to go to a bar, and also consistently destroy my sleep schedule.

•       

• LCS was just...
    Wow. 
  • I have no idea how they decide rank anymore. 23 kills, 3 deaths, 22 assists as Ziggs and I get a B.  :/
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Darktalon said:
    I have no idea how they decide rank anymore. 23 kills, 3 deaths, 22 assists as Ziggs and I get a B.  :/
    IIRC cs has a HUGE part in your score, as do tower kills/assists.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ya, if you're 30/0/15 in a 30 minute game with 70cs, you're gunna get a bad score.
  • So....that Zoe...anyone else seem some streams? That damage potential is massive but it'll be tricky to land it.
  • Yeah, champion grade factors in a lot of things. CS(possibly even CS/min), KDA, objective participation... warding maybe... (on SR, I don't think it does, really, but it might).

As for Zoe, I'm getting flashbacks to the days of invisible max-range nidalee spears...
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Nid spears when you could throw/run away for tank murdering spears. I'm STILL in the habit of throw/run away from those days.
  • Yeah, figured there were a lot of factors and I could have looked them up, but wanted to vent a little  :p Do appreciate people sharing the information, don't get me wrong. 

Nidalee dies feel weak these days, used to be the scourge of ARAM.
  • Solnir said:
    Nid spears when you could throw/run away for tank murdering spears. I'm STILL in the habit of throw/run away from those days.

God I loved those spears. The hilarity in being hit by one...
  • New Varus video....amazing
  • Solnir said:
    Nid spears when you could throw/run away for tank murdering spears. I'm STILL in the habit of throw/run away from those days.
    Nid spears when you could ghost, flash and run away for maximum trollery.