This war

Comments

• I'm honestly amazed you're complaining about the raid that was shrugged off at the time cause it was just one point anyhow. The fact that we did it in the Dawnlord's office after you guys blew up the pulpit doesn't seem like a good point to complain about. Either way, you had even odds and Ainly made the mistake to duel Medi in city. The sanction happened, we moved in. Normally, we wouldn't tank a near-empty city, but now it was a guaranteed point in this 'war' (and also removed the obligation to raid for the rest of the day). You wouldn't have come to defend even if it had been 4 of us (ok 5 for the timer). So we called in pretty much every Mhaldorian to get the xp.

If anything should feel sour about what happened, it'd be having given up a sanction through that weird duel. Besides, didn't Reyson/Aegoth give you your hero moment by placing a tank in the dumbest position possible so you could solo-disarm it? 
  • Yeah, idk. You were down by four when we placed our tank, you got a disarm, and we detonated another, so that was actually a wash. Ruca giving us a sanction literally didn't move the scoreboard, no matter what Frederich claims. If you want to bitch about her war duel giving us a point, sure, but when I'd logged on, you were already behind by three, and down one more before that raid. But hey, that's just a fact, right? 
  • Kiet said:
    Frederich said:
    Nah.  It was when we 4v4'd and lost in city once and regrouped in Descent.  Laniara, Torinn had to go sleep.  Xaden had to go to work.

So it was me and Nazihk on CWHO.

They 4v1 ganked me in descent.

I embraced.

Came back out, Ainly had logged in.  Was fighting with Medi in city bcz idk.  AInly died, they got sanction.

They brought 14~ (Llesvelt, Khel, Saibel, Medi, Lucianus, Crixos, Kiet, Eveitha, Medi, Remilia, Aegoth, Reyson, Shayde, Melodie and a few more.)

So.  It was 2v14.  Because we weren't in city whilst they had sanction, they sent Medi, Crixos, andddd Saibel to 3v2 gank us until the tank finally went off.

During this time, Medi tried to go on a thievery spree in our subdivision, and they made a wormhole.  Soooo.
    Ok, so it was 4v4 until we got sanction and then we parked people there for xp since you stopped defending. Exactly what we said.
    To be fair, "parking fourteen people there for xp" and "bolstering our defenses so you can't get us out" look the same. It's gonna leave a sour taste in people's mouths either way.
    To be fair this a universal tactic on both sides
    That has nothing to do with it. I'm not making a moral statement either way. I'm saying that it's justifiable to assume that the force was called in to prevent a successful defense.
  • I mean, by that point, defenders had already thrown in the towel and weren't trying anymore. 
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/2817u5Ar

Rofl...

Ya'll killed a guy who hadn't defended at all... who wasn't even a soldier.. to get sanction.

I'm disgusted by you lot.
  • Your disgust is ultimately meaningless to the community at large.

Dat warcry tho lolol 10pts
  • edited June 2017
    I, for one, am outraged at this text murder. Never have I seen a hive of villainy more vile than these 'Mhaldorians.'

(ps: not mhaldor's fault you dont force everyone into army like we do. plus afaik theres no term that says you have to only get soldiers for sanction, is there? also the raiding party ditched targ after that was pointed out to them, you could've waited 5 minutes to rant lol)
  • Kiet said:
    (ps: not mhaldor's fault you dont force everyone into army like we do. plus afaik theres no term that says you have to only get soldiers for sanction, is there?
    It's not war terms, it's PK rules. 

Soldiers are fair game because of the city relations, but you can't just gank non-soldiers because you want sanction.
  • edited June 2017
    Above level 30
    Over a hundred
    Has a great warcry.

If there's been deaths prior to his, and quite clearly is as sanction was achieved. It's his own fault. You can use whoever's in the city to claim a sanction. You just can't start killing people, though. Your intent has to be made and people need to respond. I don't know how that raid went because this war makes me care less and less about achaea with the forum RP and toxicity from both sides.

But he was essentially fair game. Else if you could only target soldiers you'd never achieve a sanction. This topic was brought up in the past before, and I believe Mak responded to it? It's frowned upon to novices. But you don't see us crying over Hararu or that 400 year old dude who just woke up recently when they die. 

Isn't that Dawnblade too? Or am I thinking Oathsworn. :confused:
  • If PK rules are the objection, and not the terms, then Frederich shouldn't have been shouting IC about how bad it was.
  • edited June 2017

Most of us were bummed that the raid ended. We didn't really care about giving sanction and were in fact readily engaging so it would've been gotten eventually anyway. It's still poor form to violate pk rules to get it though. The admin have made it very clear on multiple occasions that the exact opposite of what Kythra said is true: you can't just kill people without other justification for sanction. Usually to achieve a sanction, the city has to actually defend (hence opt-in). In a war, it's slightly different since soldiers are open pk.

All the Mhaldorians we target for sanction are soldiers, who are fair game during war time. Citizens who are not remotely involved in the defense and aren't soldiers never suddenly become fair game. I'm not sure what that guy was doing or whether he had just logged in or what, but he was in a remote area of the city, never anywhere near the raiders or defenders(should add that there weren't actually raiders in when he was ganked either, not that it makes a difference in terms of pk rules, but Saibel phased in and ganked him alone), and he logged out after he came back to life. It may have been a big deal to him.

• All I'm saying I know is that you cant just randomly kill people to start a sanction. Their has to be an opposition, thus you cant just radiance people in non-war times. But whatever, my lack of caring remains the same. You guys keep going with this war thing, me and the other spectators will just watch everyone pour in with the salt. Still waiting for the 2v2  callout to Kythrena we never got. Rude.
  • Kythra said:
    All I'm saying I know is that you cant just randomly kill people to start a sanction. Their has to be an opposition, thus you cant just radiance people in non-war times. But whatever, my lack of caring remains the same. You guys keep going with this war thing, me and the other spectators will just watch everyone pour in with the salt. Still waiting for the 2v2  callout to Kythrena we never got. Rude.

Never got, or you aren't around at the same time to hear?

We've stood at NoT, shouting about a 2v2 with Mhaldor 3 times this war and there has yet to be a 2v2 accepted.

Will be happy to fight you, but you have to be around when we are!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Taryius said:
    Both sides are disappointed, both sides have done shady things, neither side is innocent. Let's hurry to the weekend, blow steam during Nish and call this over...

Next time will be better, needs to be shorter.. War has been getting more and more pointing fingers, he said she said, complaining and ranting the longer it goes on.
    This is the tl/dr of the entire thread. Let's go with that.
  • Non-soldiers get killed while attempting to gain sanctions all of the time, I don't really see why anything was made of it (though I've thought that about most of the things people keep bringing up in this thread). Targossas definitely isn't innocent of doing it in the past, and it will almost certainly happen again in the future.
  • I want to hear the justification for killing Shryker in the Central Wilderness when Mhaldor was scattered on ships and such, not engaging in defense! Actually, no, I don't want to hear it at all. Please stop with the hypocritical crying and discuss alternatives/solutions.
  • It's bad from both sides. Both sides doing it doesn't make it okay. 
  • Dread Duelist Shryke (male Dwarf).
    He is 19 years old, having been born on the 15th of Miraman, 726 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 911th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a Slave in Mhaldor.
    He is a Maggot in the army of Mhaldor.
    He is considered to be approximately 50% of your might.

He stepped into the city.  That's why.  That clause was clarified for soldiers evacuating city (like Mhaldor did that day).

I mean.  Was kinda shitty, sure, but he's a soldier.  #Don'tQQInCity

But yeah, it's just a shit show all around and tbh I just want it to be saturday already so we can all murder eachother and decide the winner.

• What's the score currently?
  • 'It was kind of shitty, sure, but <reason>' is also this entire thread.

Drop terms, grief-fest til Monday, both sides then claim they won just like always.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Daeir said:
    First city to lose all of its totems wins. Or loses. Wins? Loses? Bah, who cares, totems.
    Me :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited June 2017
    EDIT: No more forum salt please!

Show some decorum and class. 

Kiet said:
    Micaelis said:

Funny you should ask, since I keep perfect notes and can answer your question with 100% accuracy! So, here you go....

Well, easier than I thought. Farrah and/or Atalkez were involved in every single, successful, Targossian raid. 

Proficy has...lost one war duel and won one war duel, and has not been involved in a single raid, either for or against.

I suppose the statistics kind of support your point but...what in the hell have you even been doing this entire war?

Have you heard of 'real life' :D

Also, lol, I don't believe we've been tanked in a single raid where we had Aegoth to at least loldamage you guys out.

Y'all also assuming a lot about who ends up leading fights in the first place, and we raid plenty when neither aegoth, nyd, nor proficy are around. There's at least 5 people that initiate fights on Mhaldor side, and whether that's good or bad, I don't gaf, but let's at least keep facts straight.
    The hell are you talking about? I said that every single one of Targossas' tanks had the participation of Farrah or Atalkez, and not a single successful or unsuccessful Mhaldorian tank involved Proficy. The hell does that have to do with anything you said about Aegoth or Nyd? I was just affirming that Proficy's statements were...correct.

And I keep the facts straight all the time. For instance, you personally have participated in 6 offensive or defensive in-city raids with Targossas over the past 18 in-game years, with a success rate of 33.3% (having blown 2 tanks (during this war), had 3 tanks disarmed, or blown if on defense, and had 1 tank retrieved by Targossas during an offense). 

Don't ever question my record-keeping again, Pleb.