Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    the benefit of the regen ring (300cr) versus upgrading the con belt, the ring is a lot better value per credit.

Health regen rings and berkana stack, hence why there is only a level 2 ring because level 3 is the max.  Sun (astronomy thing) and Boar should be separate regens.  

I only know this because I'm researching which artefact to get next as well and I have pretty much the same stuff as you save a diadem, buckawns and earrings.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    almost got Earrings with Mannimar but he's never around when I am anymore and wanted his diadem more
  • As a hunter, and maybe eventual (low-tier) combatant, what would be a good artie to get for a Dwarven Foreman Alchemist?

• Cannot go wrong with the following:

SoA
    Sip Ring
    Ring of Flying
  • Shield of Absorption. Best artie for both cases.

• Already have a SoA (it's foozling boss), so I guess I'll save for a sip ring! Is... is the ring of flying serious? I can't help but feel that that is a troll suggestion. :/

• It's the suggestion that is required in all artefact threads, lest Tanris come and take your firstborn.
  • Ah, good. Since you have SoA...hmm. Can not go wrong with a sip ring but personally I would go for a Pendant if you hunt a lot or a Diadem for bit of both. Faster hunting, faster webs in combat, faster shields etc.

• @Arador

Would it be good idea to get the Quick-witted trait? Or would that make my Alchemist too spongy?

• Most take Nimble for faster wracks. Then you can boost EQ with a diadem later.

• edited January 2013
    @Hhaos and @Achilles: Level one mana regen rings are very underwhelming, but health regeneration rings are good. The percentage gains on mana regeneration are considerably lower; I like mine for covering the mana drain on mastery but that's about it.

@Nellaundra: Boar tattoo is equivalent to level two regen (so the level two ring) at 5%.

@Argys: I picked up the ring of flying/brooch of the tempest artefact package, and in the little bit of fighting I've had the time/energy to do since I haven't regretted it at all. It's considerably faster than the other forms of flying - mount or dragon - I had available which also helps. I'm not sure I'd prioritise it over other artefacts, though.
  • Argys said:
    @Arador

Would it be good idea to get the Quick-witted trait? Or would that make my Alchemist too spongy?
    Nimble and quick-witted don't make a big difference in damage unless you have a lot of resistances stacked up. It's almost always a good idea for anyone in any class to take one. As an alchemist, nimble will be better for PvP (most of your offence takes balance), while quick-witted will be better for bashing.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Antonius said:
    @Hhaos and @Achilles: Level one mana regen rings are very underwhelming, but health regeneration rings are good. The percentage gains on mana regeneration are considerably lower; I like mine for covering the mana drain on mastery but that's about it.

@Nellaundra: Boar tattoo is equivalent to level two regen (so the level two ring) at 5%.

@Argys: I picked up the ring of flying/brooch of the tempest artefact package, and in the little bit of fighting I've had the time/energy to do since I haven't regretted it at all. It's considerably faster than the other forms of flying - mount or dragon - I had available which also helps. I'm not sure I'd prioritise it over other artefacts, though.
    Disagree with the mana ring assessment.  It allows you in dragon to keep up vigilance, alertness, skywatch and groundwatch without having to sip.  In lesserform if you use a moon tattoo you can keep these defs up plus mastery.  2.5% mana regen per 10 seconds is actually pretty good, for Hhaos that would about 175 mana regen per 10 seconds, over double the effectiveness of a moon tattoo (which fades ridiculously fast).
  • I'm sitting on a pile of 600 bound credits and some advice as to how to spend it would be super awesome and appreciated.

I currently have:
    • lvl 2 sip ring
    • lvl 2 con belt
    • lvl 2 bracelet
    • lvl 2 bow
    • lvl 1 gauntlets
    • buckawns
    • wings
    • 4 artie pipes
    Should I upgrade my gauntlets/upgrade my bow/upgrade sip ring/save for soulpiercer?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited January 2013
    Lupiiiinnneeee Booowwwww

Or artie pet mount for God mode.
  • Mizik said:
    Lupiiiinnneeee Booowwwww Or artie pet mount for God mode.
    Har, interesting onomatopoeia resembling a rooster at sunrise. I guess I'll save for an arttttiiieeee peeeeettt moouunntt, "God mode" is always handy.

Thanks dude :)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Ahem.. whatever this "God mode" is that you speak of.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Ahem.. whatever this "God mode" is that you speak of.

Invincible mounts = crying monks.

• But do monks really kill resetable mounts in duels?

• Ones who want to win do.
  • I believe monks should get some sort of ent. A powerful one.

Just so we have something to kill back in revenge!
  • I think an ent that allows them to use Kaido would be nice. They can collar it for 250 credits so it resets every 18 hours when killed.

Seriously, the reset time on collars is ridiculous.

• Arador said:
    I think an ent that allows them to use Kaido would be nice. They can collar it for 250 credits so it resets every 18 hours when killed. Seriously, the reset time on collars is ridiculous.
    Sounds reasonable.
  • Every skill that is hidden by a Veil works when the user has a Veil - except falcon observe. I bugged it, was told to ACC it (I'm not in ACC) or classlead it.

Why exactly should I have to classlead a broken artefact? :(
  • edited January 2013
    Sure, please delete them, and refund them. I had to get mine because everyone else had one, couldn't find allies!
  • what're the benefits in combat of having an Arte Pet Mount? i don't understand..

• 1) You always have a mount with all the advantages that brings (you make Monks cry)
    2) RP
    3) Faster method of travel
  • edited January 2013
    It can't be killed, so you can't be proned by things that are stopped by being mounted.

edit: swk, sentinel trip, strike knees, etc