That "true-noob" moment...

2»

Comments

• Proving unfit for survival... lol...
  • Categorizing and printing out a list of all the emotes. Gotta learn em all!

PS I'm still a newbie and I did that yesterday #noshame

PPS I also considered printing out ALL the text maps, but when I found the picture map of Achaea and learned how to use landmarks, I realized that would probably be good enough.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Motivation though, we like it!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Bade said:
    Think my biggest newb moment was talking to Romeo, impressed with all the custom responses this denizen had, only to find out there's a real person there.
    back in the day, in 90s, i thought everybody is a bot in a chat room on AOL(for first time). robots. just because they didn't reply back to me. 'hello? HELLO?' :p

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Walked as a serpent for almost a whole RL month before someone (who finally stopped laughing) told me what dash/wormhole was and how to use mapper.

• Before mappers, turned off the full room description to remove portions of text to possibly be more efficient in combat or chasing thieves.

Found I got lost easier- seems I memorized the rooms by the text pattern of the descriptions.  Have kept it turned on ever since.

• For a few RL days after discovering EMOTE, I talked almost exclusively in custom emote back in my old character.
  • First character I ever made I had no idea how to get lessons and whatnot, so I would make other characters and then teach myself with them to get the lesson bonus and learn that way.

This went on for a good while, somehow, and ironically the day I went to end the career of Character 1, I dropped off his stuff in a house and picked it up on Character 2. Both became shrubs nearly instantly and thrown into time. Scared the hell out of me and I asked for them to be deleted.

Draqoom came about a couple years later and I am super paranoid about anything alt related, including letting my ex play Achaea on the same interweb connection because of the 'maybe' there.

• Those that have fought me knows... how many times I asked "Am I dead", and how many times I keep going after they burst...

My ping at times gives me page-by-page experience.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    First character I was a child ooc. I remember desperately ratting to buy an engagement ring for this girl from a shop in Shallam. It was like 5k gold and I spent like a week ratting for it. Pretty sure she said no, I can't remember. Trying to pass my Valiant test in Paladins on the nexus client and having no clue or interest in coding and no client, svo, etc to speak of. No one was really helpful either. I didn't learn to pk for literally like 8 more irl years. I'm pretty sure I was in law school before I legit figured out pk. Jinsun was my first even remotely successful character.
  • The first year or so I played - 15ish years ago - I didn't know about QQ. I would just close the browser window/cmud.
  • I never wanted to intentionally blind and deafen myself.  Hrmph...
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    I just started really playing last month and I went up past 40 before I knew about the auto curing system.