Org Logs

Can the format of org logs be changed to reflect IC dates rather than OOC times, and perhaps reflect the activity of a single IC month instead of an OOC day?

Comments

• Being able to toggle it would be nice actually, rather than changing it altogether.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    My name is Daslin and I support @Tvistor's idea!

Also, I love that this came up. @Silas, thank you.
  • I like that it's the ooc day, because it means you know it clicks over at the same time each day, but I'd rather see IC dates on the logs.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I think both or a toggle would be better. It'd get frustrating to find logs (I can't be the only one who backs up logs).
  • Yes, I do enjoy the convenience of having it at the same time daily. Conversion of the dates to reference Achaean date/month etc. would be fine with me though.
  • Beautifully said, Delphinus, beautifully said.
  • Yeah, the OOC day is fine by me for when logs tick over, because of the Serenade. I suggested that part because it'd be nice if it's easily workable for the months to show up together on the logs. Most important part is to change the dates/times to be IC. Can even keep the same format - ship code uses d/m/y notation in at least the harbour docking times already.

• I'm all for both or toggle, if the IC dates are still done by the serenade.

Otherwise I'd get confused as to how long ago some stuff had happened if the IC months are all weird.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    How accurate is the date conversion tool? I always thought that the further away you got from today, either towards the future or the past, the more room there was for errors.

I do work on old logs, and have to convert old OOC dates to approximate IC dates.

As a side note, please add the date an event happened in the event news, and not just the date when the event news was posted?
  • Oceana said:
    How accurate is the date conversion tool? I always thought that the further away you got from today, either towards the future or the past, the more room there was for errors.
    The accuracy depends on things like timewarps, downtime, and server-side lag. Without any of those things, it would be completely accurate. In general, you're right that the farther you get from the current date the less accurate it tends to be, but it's unpredictable.

You can get more accurate conversions by finding a news post from that time, since news posts show both the OOC date/time and IC date. You'll need a searchable news archive to do that easily though.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    @Sena Events aren't always posted directly though. In the recent events, they have been quite fast in posting, but I do remember some events happening, and then a post arriving an IC year later. (Please post the IC date of the event in the event news?)
  • I didn't say anything about events, I was only talking about converting OOC dates to IC dates.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Ah, I see what you mean now I read it again.