A way to make Eleusian RP make sense for -everyone-

15678911»

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Hark! Your future leader of Eleusis is here!

(Newbie): Mazdak says, "That's fine. cities are vile corruptions that must be
    destroyed any ways. so is there someone i can talk to regarding the druids cause
    they sound very interesting."

• Feel very ignorant but in my time as an Eleusian (basically my two IC years since creation) I haven't noticed any rift within the village. Nor heard any complaints from pacifists or combatants.

Can someone TL;DR me the basic jist of this inner turmoil?
  • edited June 2017
    There's been a few TL;DRs here, just flip through. Anything from anyone outside of Linton is a credible source.
  • @Kythra I'll have a scroll
  • Having looked into returning to the game recently, I have to say the push for conflict was always there. It was not uncommon back in my day for Neraeos to goad the Sentinels House as Patron into combative training. His reasoning was because at that time the Sentinels as a House ideologically were fighters. It didn’t mean you couldn’t do other things but it was expected you find some way fill a role in that narrative. Many people hated it.

Looking at things now I have to say it seems much the same. Eleusis and it’s Orgs are about first and foremost protecting Nature. That means conflicts are inevitable. If you swear the Oath, then you have sworn to a duty. The main difference I see now with Eleusis is that your duties to nature are not light ones. It’s part of being Eleusisan now that you push to reclaim all for Nature. If you can’t fight directly then spend your time supporting those that can and using your RP skills to open dynamics. One thing seems for sure though, the days of idleness and fuzzy bunnies are over for Eleusis. If you take your Oath seriously and you love Nature for what it is - not just what you want it to be, but what it really truly is, you will fight for it.
  • Unfortunately in practice Eleusis is as fuzzy as it's ever been.
  • I forgot this thread existed.

And you had to go ahead and freaking remind me. WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!
  • Minifie said:
    I forgot this thread existed.

And you had to go ahead and freaking remind me. WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!
    What is with this thread necro.
    We're busy bitching about other things now.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates