Druid vs Sentinel

Longtime IRE scrub giving Achaea another try and going into territory rather abnormal for me, so I'm looking for advice before embracing class and mistakes become more expensive. I'm primarily interested in hunting/rp but want to learn at least enough combat to be kinda useful in defense, etc. I'm having a hard time deciding between Druid and Sentinel, thematically I can go either way (not feeling Sylvan, before that's suggested). Assume no artefacts any time soon and bear in mind I'm borderline permanoob in combat. Will one be significantly easier/more viable?

Best Answers

Answers

• edited June 2017
    Thanks for the super quick responses! I liked Sentinel a smidge more in terms of flavour but it did look like it might be more difficult to learn and artefact dependent so I'm glad I didn't switch and grind to level 50 this morning.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    If trying to understand this thread gives you a headache... don't go Sentinel.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited June 2017
    a) another active heal in bear form

b) guaranteed party bypass
    a) Are you talking about Vitality? That's in other morphs, too; bear is a useless morph. Oh, you mean Might -- yeah, that's not in bear morph.

b) What is this? Parry bypass typo?
  • edited June 2017
    Krypton said:

a) Are you talking about Vitality? That's in other morphs, too; bear is a useless morph. Oh, you mean Might -- yeah, that's not in bear morph.

Yea. Phone corrected parry to party

And yea. I just have bears on the brain. It's somewhere in there!
  • Well I've got five levels before I'm committed to my decision and I'm on my way to see some friends' bands right now so that gives me a bit to think. I'm leaning towards switching to Sentinel in part because it fits my idea for my character a bit better and, to be honest, there's a part of me that takes the increased difficulty as a challenge. Maybe it'll help improve my scripting skills even. Thanks again everyone for your input.
  • Yea, being new shouldn't pressure you into a class. You gotta pick what you think is best for your character and your play style. Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask for help!
  • Krypton said:

Yea. Phone corrected parry to party

And yea. I just have bears on the brain. It's somewhere in there!
    Might is jaguar and icewyrm

Fitness is Wolf, Hyena, Cheetah, Jaguar, Elephant

• Are you sure they're not in wyvern or hydra too?
  • Wyvern and Hydra both have fitness and might.
  • They are, I think. He's just speaking for Sentinel.
  • Taryius said:
    They are, I think. He's just speaking for Sentinel.
    Yeah, assumed that was obvious.  I don't do...Druid.