Extermination and Forest Defenses / Recourse Ideas

2»

Comments

• I remember tree wars in Imperian @Nazihk @Cyr @Etheros @Iniar +++ all the other refugees

:p 
     <3 
  • I don't. That's intentional.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Lusternia tree wars were awful. Mostly because it took IRL weeks to grow trees.
  • Lusternia tree wars were is awful.

Ftfy
  • I do not want to stray off the topic of this thread, but all of these ideas are making me miss forest fires and dousing. Atleast that had effects on both sides and let everyone participate.
  • Proficy said:
    I do not want to stray off the topic of this thread, but all of these ideas are making me miss forest fires and dousing. At least that had effects on both sides and let everyone participate.

Preach

Used to love forest fires, gave some use to abilities that barely saw the light of day.

• do you also miss having to patrol the wilderness map for said fires?
  • Proficy said:
    I do not want to stray off the topic of this thread, but all of these ideas are making me miss forest fires and dousing. Atleast that had effects on both sides and let everyone participate.
    Legit question here, since I don't know your history. Were you ever on the side that was putting out fires?

Cause I've put out more than my fair share of forest fires and the experience sucked. I've never met anybody who missed the experience of fire patrols and logging on to find that the half the continent caught on fire overnight and fires getting into inaccessible temples/newbies areas/houses where they'd start fires endlessly and all that bullshit. Everybody I've ever met who misses this was an arsonist, all the firefighters hated it. 
  • Nazihk said:
    Proficy said:
    I do not want to stray off the topic of this thread, but all of these ideas are making me miss forest fires and dousing. Atleast that had effects on both sides and let everyone participate.
    Legit question here, since I don't know your history. Were you ever on the side that was putting out fires?

Cause I've put out more than my fair share of forest fires and the experience sucked. I've never met anybody who missed the experience of fire patrols and logging on to find that the half the continent caught on fire overnight and fires getting into inaccessible temples/newbies areas/houses where they'd start fires endlessly and all that bullshit. Everybody I've ever met who misses this was an arsonist, all the firefighters hated it. 
    I started in shallam back in the Andelas Zero Tranquilty days (those were the real struggling days) .... one of the founding members of Cyrene... Even was rouge for quite some time. So yes i have been on both sides. 

I dont lie when i say you all have it so easy now adays... not the raves thread, but big props to the admin team for all they do, even if it is put coushins out for you all.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I remember during my short stint in Eleusis, we managed to somehow have a forest fire start somewhere... I can't remember where exactly, but it was one of the Ithmias. No one knew how. But it was bugged in some way, so no matter how much you doused, it couldn't be put out, and just kept spreading. Eventually it was burning all three of the Ithmias and I'm trying to lead a group of people to put it out and it just... won't.

I think it took an hour or two before the bug was finally responded to. I was exhausted, but mostly laughing the whole time.

Patrols are gross. Don't bring those back. Fires kinda hilarious though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Melodie patrols are still a thing. There's only like 5 ppl who do it anymore, tho.
    Huh. Neat.
    They shouldn't be tho.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    They shouldn't be tho.
    If they want to, why shouldn't we let them? It's entirely player driven by now.
    There's a difference between "Hey lets do this thing because's fun and interesting and helpful!" to "OH MY GOD YOU ARE NOT A PROPER FORESTAL IF YOU DO NOT PATROL, SHAME, LETS GET ROLLING BOYZ!"

Which, it sounds like y'all have moved away from the latter, which is great if so! If people wanna do it because they just want to, fine. I just remember that it definitely, for the majority of history, was not so.
  • edited June 2017
    I still remember needing to do patrols as part of Sylvan requirements. Fucking hell that was aids. God help you if you got one of 'those people' to test you (and boy were there a lot of them in the Sylvans); the ones who spot a single mistake and make you do it over again.

I swear Wysteria was like the only decent 'leader' in the Sylvans at the time. Fortunately for me we played in the same timezone. 
  • Ryzeth said:
    I still remember needing to do patrols as part of Sylvan requirements. Fucking hell that was aids. God help you if you got one of 'those people' to test you (and boy were there a lot of them in the Sylvans); the ones who spot a single mistake and make you do it over again.

I swear Wysteria was like the only decent 'leader' in the Sylvans at the time. Fortunately for me we played in the same timezone. 
    Yeah I remember that, I had to do it too. That was the only time I did a patrol because I sure couldn't find a good reason to do it otherwise. Nobody I tested later on did I double check on, and generally people responded poorly to questioning the usefulness of it. Especially patrolling non-forest rooms. But then you also had to write several essays and do a ritual before getting full Houserank, so there was more than just the patrolling that was annoying then!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Y'know, I didn't get full house status for the longest time because I was too lazy to go patrolling. I had to get dragged by my ear and even then I took the smallest possible areas. Things were a little bit different back then because plants were still being displayed as a numerical value instead of the current 'sparse/moderate/plenty/abundent' ratings.

On a side, somewhat related note, I got forest enemied because I overharvested the Griesly Mansion. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I got enemied to Oakstone for overharvesting what is technically an imaginary seasonal area with no real bearing on the real game world.

• Skye said:
    Yes ladies and gentlemen, I got enemied to Oakstone for overharvesting what is technically an imaginary seasonal area with no real bearing on the real game world.
    Nobody is surprised.
  • I'm almost entirely sure there's a drawer in some much-passed-on desk with an aging post-it note that reads, in faded ink: 

Skye - terrible person
  • Hi! I like to lurk so I saw these threads. I don't really care to contribute any dialogue, but since I compiled this list to share with the administration, I will share it with you too. There's no real context, but I assure you that during the actual exterminations, these lines and their follow-up prompts can sometimes take up half my screen or more. Hopefully there will be a resolution, since my character isn't even Eleusian anymore!

Anyway, without further ado: https://pastebin.com/ar9YdE10 Have fun reading it, if you'd like. ^^

By the way, a staggering 175 of these lines all were from earlier tonight alone, and they are all from May until now. Also, these are both start and end lines, you'll have to filter them to get a count of successful exterminations during my online time, or just divide by two and say "close enough." :)