Shikudo

Comments

• Similarly to scythe, dispatch is going to require arm breaks to be particularly reliable, I suspect
  • Apologies for the double post, but is there any way it'd be possible to still be able to teach tekura while we have shikudo? It's frustrating to not be able to personally teach novices their main skill, particularly when you very clearly know the skill they want to teach.
  • So does Shikudo need more strength to use it spec wise? Or is it absolutely necessary as you are concentrating more on limbs and afflictions? 

Also, anyone found the best stance for equilibrium yet? 

• Ailea said:
    So does Shikudo need more strength to use it spec wise? Or is it absolutely necessary as you are concentrating more on limbs and afflictions? 

Also, anyone found the best stance for equilibrium yet? 
    Shikudo scales exceptionally well with strength. EQ form is rain, similar to DRS. 

You could go both limbs and affliction. I have yet to figure out the optimal. It is definitely technically complicated. And not very convenient. 

• The damage scales with strength, but the class is capable of locking and a non-damage based finisher, so strength isn't required.
  • Lucianus said:
    I always thought the lore behind rebounding was that it repels metal weapons. Which would make sense for wooden staves and spiritual/shadowy summoned weapons to bypass it. 
    Doesn't the aura of rebounding repel Magi staffstrikes?

• Synbios said:
    Lucianus said:
    I always thought the lore behind rebounding was that it repels metal weapons. Which would make sense for wooden staves and spiritual/shadowy summoned weapons to bypass it. 
    Doesn't the aura of rebounding repel Magi staffstrikes?
    Yes.
  • Repels spirit mace too
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Repels spirit mace too
    Except for Heresy
    (I think that's it)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I've never had any interest in monks in Achaea or any other game for that matter. Looking at the ABs and some of the messages I wish I could afford to pick this up. I think that speaks to how awesome the skillset is.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Shikudo vs Tekura bashing?
  • Iniar said:
    Shikudo vs Tekura bashing?
    Neither.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Daeir said:
    Uh, Shikudo bashing seems fine to me, so long as you don't just sit in Tykonos all the time and expect it to go well for you.

Monk battlerage is pretty awful though, so there's that.
    I thought it combod off of itself? Are battlerage combos just not that good? I only just started hunting for the first time in like 3 years because orbs so not sure how it all works

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Monk could only do combos by itself for a couple days after battlerage was released, more than 2 years ago.
  • edited June 2017
    Shikudo scales very well with strength. Hunting is at the top side, min maxed, below serpent and shaman. Totally above Bard and dual cut. 

Maximize Willow as the speed buff means better DPS. Different kicks and strikes also do different damages on denizens too.

Overall, shikudo hunting is at the top. I am hunting in shikudo now. 
  • Below shaman, above bard... What did I miss that made shamans top tier bashers? Also TIL people actually use battlerage affs and not just the damage
  • Kafziel said:
    Below shaman, above bard... What did I miss that made shamans top tier bashers? Also TIL people actually use battlerage affs and not just the damage
    Nothing afaik
  • edited June 2017
    Kafziel said:
    Below shaman, above bard... What did I miss that made shamans top tier bashers? Also TIL people actually use battlerage affs and not just the damage

Shaman scales really well with intelligence and such for damage, they're fast with quicker weaker attacks (meaning less damage is wasted from a World Shatterer or Plane Razing Crit). They can use their attunements to tank up, or increase willpower regen/reduce wp costs. 

Just all good stuff.

Battlerage afflictions are best when you're squishy and can reduce the mobs damage, some other ones like recklessness can help speed up as they stop the denizen from shielding. Some are still useless (Fear, Grievous Wounds)
  • Kafziel said:
    Below shaman, above unartied bard... What did I miss that made shamans top tier bashers? Also TIL people actually use battlerage affs and not just the damage
    ftfy
  • Morthif said:
    Kafziel said:
    Below shaman, above unartied bard... What did I miss that made shamans top tier bashers? Also TIL people actually use battlerage affs and not just the damage
    ftfy
    It was Dochitha talking, I don't think he even realises unartied is an option to play this game
  • edited June 2017
    You know someone's trolling when they list Shaman as being one of the best, and above Bard/DWC at that.

Shikudo is most definitely not above Bard.
  • Never hunted as Shaman, but Doch has sworn by it since he took the class up. Don't think he's talking through his hole but he's very probably mistaken.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Shaman's definitely leaps and bounds better than it used to be, especially now that it doesn't destroy your WP from a single area of hunting.

Still far from being even top 5, though.
  • Roar scales exceptionally well. I do the same damage as being magi, faster, and it goes through shield. 

I suspect bleed hunting is still disappointing in comparison to bard hunting.
  • Sirrion said:
    Roar scales exceptionally well. I do the same damage as being magi, faster, and it goes through shield. 

I suspect bleed hunting is still disappointing in comparison to bard hunting.
    That's basically the problem with Shaman; same as the problem that Apostates/Alchemists have.
     Hunting: They use EQ for their best attacks (and only, for alchemist).
     Combat: They use balance for like 90% of their stuff (and basically all the 'important' stuff).

Bleed/jinx bleed isn't bad, but quick-witted roar is substantially better, especially since it goes through shield. Regardless though, neither is better than Bard at all when artifacted. SP jabs go almost double the speed roar does, at higher damage. Harmonics are amazing, too.
  • Ryzeth can you please post numbers with the relevant level 3 artefacts and the method you used to test?

• Curse/jinx was the change that made shaman bashing top tier, you can stop mulling over if it's good or not, we tested the numbers on denizens to grab the comparison. The last great hunt results also speak for themself, we didn't need to spend nearly as long at it as Sarathai.

i return you to Shikudo monk, imagine a stick fight image here.
  • Mindshell said:

i return you to Shikudo monk, imagine a stick fight image here.

• edited June 2017
    Ryzeth said:
    You know someone's trolling when they list Shaman as being one of the best, and above Bard/DWC at that.

Shikudo is most definitely not above Bard.
    Shaman has a good enough crit rate... damage of the attack doesnt matter. Its all about speed of the hit. Doch has optimal crit rate, so i believe it. 

Im still looking for mayan figurine arms!! Paying too much for em if anyone has em (random sales plug)
  • This Ashwood staff is OP. If you strike the ground it prones/stuns the entire planet.