Sartan vs Eleusis

Comments

• I'm running out of ways to tell you that no group of people engaged in a fight, or recently engaged in a fight, or about to engage in a fight has been zapped by Sartan.

30 minutes removed =/= active combat. It was just a gathering of people. 
  • Reyson said:
    I'm running out of ways to tell you that no group of people engaged in a fight, or recently engaged in a fight, or about to engage in a fight has been zapped by Sartan.

Sorry Reyson, I don't think that's even the slightest bit relevant. Eleusians were zapped. No Mhaldorians were zapped.

• Mhaldorians have been zapped or moved into divine killrooms by opposing deities before. We  just didn't have a 5 page ranting thread about it.
  • Pls. Sartan kills Mhaldorians a lot, too.
  • I am of two minds about the effects of a TDF as punishment, really.

I mean, losing the skills, that really sucks. It sucks bad, and it cripples a lot of classes who rely on their capstones. Getting hit with that for 5 days can definitely trigger a "well, fuck this, I'm just gonna wait it out" reaction, and I can't really blame the player for that. 

On the other hand, though, without that skill loss who would really give a shit about a TDF? It's nothing but a slight numbers modification, which is a pretty shit punishment. If you're heavily artifacted, you can eat it and still be stronger than most of the game. If all you care about is PvE it's not going to affect you notably, especially if you're a dragon. And if you care about PvP it's still not a HUGE difference.

Without the skill penalty there's basically nothing there that makes it into a deterrent or a real punishment. If the skill penalty goes then something has to replace it.
  • Yeah we literally were being attacked several times a day by overpowered npcs in our own city like a RL month ago. Some of these were wiping out grouped up dragons. Did you see a rant thread?
  • Kiet said:
    Yeah we literally were being attacked several times a day by overpowered npcs in our own city like a RL month ago. Some of these were wiping out grouped up dragons. Did you see a rant thread?
    I saw no rants, no. Get your shit together and give me more salt, Kiet!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Ognog said:
    Reyson said:
    I'm running out of ways to tell you that no group of people engaged in a fight, or recently engaged in a fight, or about to engage in a fight has been zapped by Sartan.

Sorry Reyson, I don't think that's even the slightest bit relevant. Eleusians were zapped. No Mhaldorians were zapped.
    So a losing team should be able to mouth off and provoke Gods without suffering consequences? How about, say, the first time it happens, people go, 'Gee, huh. Maybe I shouldn't piss Sartan off'?

It's never been unprovoked. If a kid pulls a cat's tail and gets bitten, are you the kind of person that blames the kid, or the cat? 
  • Reyson... he was being sarcastic
  • edited June 2017
    Deleted

• edited June 2017
    Lol whut. You really didn't read the whole thread, did you? 
  • Just sayin' - us villagers have not been informed of a cease fire or negotiations. Only what I've seen on here. Which means IC that as far as we are concerned we are to continue defending and if possible, raiding. Seems a bit dumb to say this here, but that's one less thing you can all stop griping about. We continue to raid and defend because we haven't been told otherwise.
  • It really sounds like the main issue in this whole war is Eleusian leadership's complete inability to communicate, not just publicly, but also within their own faction.

A few city news-posts over the past two weeks and I think this would be over by now.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Much of the commentary in this thread has been fairly toxic. Many of those currently embroiled in the conflict would be expected to have difficulty maintaining objectivity. My comments have come from a position of detached indifference to everything except the health of our game.

I think Anaria hit the nail on the head with her comments ...
    Anaria said:

You should really appreciate Lord Sartan ooc'ly. He is one the very few who is doing his job, and that volunteer arguably has one of the hardest Divine roles.

Its rough to be in a conflict where the other side has a super heavy weight in their corner, who isn't afraid to throw his weight around, when your side has nothing to match it. It's not your fault (or Lord Sartan's) but I do think its a tad unfair.

• edited June 2017
    I like the part where you just completely ignore how you were taking straight up misinformed snipes at the side you think is the antagonist here, less than twenty-four hours ago, like you don't have a hand in this state of affairs.
  • Reyson said:
    I like the part where you just completely ignore how you were taking straight up misinformed snipes at the side you think is the antagonist here, less than twenty-four hours ago, like you don't have a hand in this state of affairs.
    1. I didn't really need an instant illustration of this thread's toxicity.
    2. I haven't been sniping at anyone.

• How is pointing out a fact 'toxicity'?

You're constantly misrepresenting things- that's a fact, not a snipe. You made three or four posts throwing shade about a situation that you were, quite simply put, wrong about. You kept insisting Sartan was just randomly slaying Eleusians, like they didn't provoke him into doing it, and then you just deleted your post when you realised you were wrong, instead of fessing up to being wrong.
  • I am curious what the point of randomly nuking a group of Eleusians is, I wasn't there so I don't know the story.
  • Antidas said:
    Dalinor said:
    We are closely watching this thread and making edits as necessary. It's fine to discuss the situation, or even to discuss the IC roles and interactions, but please don't cross the line and cast aspersions on the volunteers behind the Gods. Should you have a problem with how a role is being played or with a particular action, feel free to reach out directly to Nicola or Makarios. Thanks!
    I may be in the minority here, and I feel like I might get flamed a bit for my opinion on this - however, I do think it is necessary to voice.

I don't think our gods should be above CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I'll preface this by saying that I didn't previously read the comments you edited, so maybe they were all just insulting non-constructive rants at Sartan. However, assuming that was not was these comments were, I think it is important for the community to be able to publicly voice unhappiness with the actions of volunteers.

I understand that our gods are volunteering their time for the betterment of the game, and obviously are not under any commitments to continue their time here. However, I don't think they should be beyond public (constructive) criticism just because of this. If a god does something people dislike, people should be allowed to voice that discontent in a public forum, and not have it constrained solely to private communication between the administration and the player, where the administration is not necessarily held accountable for those actions.

I don't want this to imply that I don't have faith in our admins to not act purely in the interests of their staff and volunteers. However, just because I don't think it would happen, doesn't mean that I believe that the player base should have the right to express their complaints in public. Additionally, I want to state again for the record that I mean this is meant only in regards to constructive criticism. If someone is not doing this, I'm fully in support of editing their comments out.
    I am calling your bluff... i bet you your character that you or no body else would try to call out makarios or nicola like that. The only reason this entire thread got brought up was to try and get a punishment reversed. 
    Bottomline is it wouldnt of happened if the initiating party would of just kept in his mortal lane. No benefit of enemying a divine.....  one what so ever besides the attempt to get there attention and he did and now starts up cryfest 2017 over it.

Again you all have it easy! I work for the guy and am scared everytime i report to him that i am gonna get zurged or punished for not doing enough (i love it, keeps me on my toes), and you think your gonna get away with outright disrespect.... i spit at your mindsets..

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited June 2017
    Ognog said:
    Much of the commentary in this thread has been fairly toxic. Many of those currently embroiled in the conflict would be expected to have difficulty maintaining objectivity. My comments have come from a position of detached indifference to everything except the health of our game.

Its not just the people embroiled in the conflict who have told you that you are for the most part wrong in all your opinions.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Ognog said:
    No doubt there is more going on between Mhaldor, Sartan and Eleusis than I see [..]

• 15.7 SPAMMING

| Advertising, especially |

Spamming, in the context of Achaea, includes repetition, advertising, and flooding:

1) REPETITION: repeatedly sending, transmitting, or communicating in any way. This may be repeated yells, shouts, says, or use of market, clan, city, order, house, or any other private, group, or public channels of communication.

--------

I spend a lot of my time in Achaea on mobile devices when I'm out and about. There is no gagging, what we're subjected to with extermination messages is essentially the above. It's not a combat instigation mechanic in such swathes, we've already established that the forests will heal themselves untended. Essentially it's just spamming a portion of the populace.

Raiding, crusades, shrine defilement and guard bashing exists for your combat pleasure.

• Mindshell said:

15.7 SPAMMING

| Advertising, especially |

Spamming, in the context of Achaea, includes repetition, advertising, and flooding:

1) REPETITION: repeatedly sending, transmitting, or communicating in any way. This may be repeated yells, shouts, says, or use of market, clan, city, order, house, or any other private, group, or public channels of communication.

--------

I spend a lot of my time in Achaea on mobile devices when I'm out and about. There is no gagging, what we're subjected to with extermination messages is essentially the above. It's not a combat instigation mechanic in such swathes, we've already established that the forests will heal themselves untended. Essentially it's just spamming a portion of the populace.

Raiding, crusades, shrine defilement and guard bashing exists for your combat pleasure.

The problem is admins have to manually remove the forestsense thing afaik? I had it for a while in Mhaldor but then it was gone, but that was when Gaia/Artemis were both active. There should be a way to just turn off forestsense, especially if you're not even Eleusian anymore.
  • And to all those who believe they're being respectful by saying "With all due respect", here is why this isn't the case:

"Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect', they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"
    — Ashley Williams, Mass Effect

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WithDueRespect

• Taryius said:

Sartans interference wasn't even that bad, he wiped them out when we weren't fighting and its not like we charged into the field to take advantage of all their deaths. We decided we wanted to raid Eleusis, regather our forces, sent our serpent in and by the time we entered Eleusis they were all back up.
    That I call bullshit on. When our entire defense party was wiped out I didn't embrace immediately Your group stormed defendable then proceeded to gank any and everyone in eleusis, when we stopped fighting and moved to get out of area so you wouldn't get more kills for tank you all chased and killed us everywhere just so you could get your rocks off and try to bully us back in to die more. So before you spout ignorant comments to try to boost how you are so 'justified' make sure that you are actually correct in what you say. To be honest this is literally taking any fun out of the game. There was no ic reprocussions to any of Mhaldor's side but it is perfectly acceptable for you all to continually kill our novices. I am looking at you @Llesvelt.  You can't use the old saying they shouldn't be in a forest. You guys need to set clear lines IC to not mess with newbies just because easy kill. 
  • Naoma said:
    Taryius said:

Sartans interference wasn't even that bad, he wiped them out when we weren't fighting and its not like we charged into the field to take advantage of all their deaths. We decided we wanted to raid Eleusis, regather our forces, sent our serpent in and by the time we entered Eleusis they were all back up.
    That I call bullshit on. When our entire defense party was wiped out I didn't embrace immediately Your group stormed defendable then proceeded to gank any and everyone in eleusis, when we stopped fighting and moved to get out of area so you wouldn't get more kills for tank you all chased and killed us everywhere just so you could get your rocks off and try to bully us back in to die more. So before you spout ignorant comments to try to boost how you are so 'justified' make sure that you are actually correct in what you say. To be honest this is literally taking any fun out of the game. There was no ic reprocussions to any of Mhaldor's side but it is perfectly acceptable for you all to continually kill our novices. I am looking at you @Llesvelt.  You can't use the old saying they shouldn't be in a forest. You guys need to set clear lines IC to not mess with newbies just because easy kill. 
    Llesvelt made a public apology... monetary payment to the novice and was punished by our city leadership... for his ACCIDENT that happened once.. quit your crying and attempts to elevate a normal scenario or situation.

You specifically out of almost everyone in your faction has lost all respect as a human being for your mindset actions and conduct through these events. Anyone who considers listening to anything you have to say about... well anything automatically gets put in the "your garbage" category of life.
This discussion has been closed.