Sartan vs Eleusis

Comments

• I remember when Sartan HDFed me for 12 rl days bc i failed a task, and I still raided in lesserform. Mindset is everything. All this whining... sheesh.

Eleusis only has themselves to blame for being persnickety little shitheads throughout this while ordeal. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Want good punishments? Force people to touch Gaia's frog.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The shouts were disrespectful, but well played. 

The tdf is right on spot, better than maggoting, but the punishment is inappropriate. 

Agree with everyone, God tdf needs better mechanics, different from administrative punishment, before it hurts your business $$$. 
  • Alrena said:
    it's a-okay to talk crap to a God?
    As long as you don't tread on any flowers in the process.
  • edited June 2017
    At this point, it seems only way to go against an Elder God is to band all dragons(except mhaldorian?) against Himself... just as it has been done ages ago in the Lore(against different elder gods). but.. who will be the one to band all dragons together? :dizzy:
    From the RP point of view, it is probably only the way to force Elder God's to respect and not to bother mortal's affair. Although I'm not sure how exact this event happened.

In any case, good luck guys I'm playing lusternia way before Sartan vs Eleusis happened. And good luck try to RP this out! :D

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Cooper said:
    Asmodron said:
    5 day TDFs are considered harsh punishment?

Damn how times have changed...

Anyone remember Original Babel's good ol' horribly painful spirit-shattering punishments? I sure do.
    That was my first thought too. When I left the original Infernal guild, I was given what was called an eternal disfavour at the time. Basically the TDF today. It was unlimited duration.

I think it was about 3 RL months that I had it before I did whatever it was to remove it. Knowing me back then it was probably crying and begging like a little bitch until he gave in.

FTFY <3

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • To be fair, I don't think this circumstance really warrants a super well thought out God punishment.  That's more for people heavily invested in that God's domain, and well, this just isn't that.

Not everything deserves a creative punishment.
  • Let me tell you he punishes us in creative ways pretty regularly. I agree that's something you have to earn, though.
  • Kiet said:
    Sobriquet said:
    TDF's are so... boring and unthoughtful. Doesn't take any imagination to execute. We have unique insta kills, divine with no balance loss to make their own (Pandora hitting 50 fashions and obliterating instantly was amusing) and mortals thrown into aggressive mobs, or onto the Moon, or depths of the sea. Unique RP retaliation? Just ask Tenebrus and Tarah. It might have taken a few minutes to write up, but surely enveloping him in red fog causing death, or such like wouldn't be too hard?

Those require thought and some imagination which is what you want from the admin. I'm not going to comment on this war as I'm not involved at all, but just hitting the TDF button seems more like an OOC punishment than an IC one, even though it is IC. As @Antonius said above, the mechanics here are not great. 
    I agree that skill malus is a bit strong for IC punishments, but it's really not that bad anyway, it's not like you can't fight in dragon or do less pk for 5 days.

I am pretty tired of the 'but it's not original!' complaints, though. What exactly do you expect? For gods to put their 100% creativity into every single interaction, ever? That's a good way to burn them out even faster. I know that I, personally, run out of creative ways to even welcome people to our City pretty quickly, I can't imagine having to come up with a unique punishment every single time someone is sassy when playing a factional god.

Also, yeah, come on, if someone can carry two tdf's while being hunted by the entirety of a city personally, then you can deal with one when dealing with mostly group stuff.
    Oh, I'm not saying that you have to have unique interactions for everyone, the Gods will burn out. I feel flinging him across the continent into an instkill room would be pretty cool though 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Everytime he's killed someone that I saw it was a unique room, dropping holocausts, his unique insta, or generally unique things. At some point you want more than that as a punishment, though.

• Sartans interference wasn't even that bad, he wiped them out when we weren't fighting and its not like we charged into the field to take advantage of all their deaths. We decided we wanted to raid Eleusis, regather our forces, sent our serpent in and by the time we entered Eleusis they were all back up.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Alrena said:
    When I left Eleusis, I had -two- TDF's for 5 rl days. And a ton of Eleusians very eager to get my head.

Honestly, it's very annoying to see just how bad Eleusis is with respecting Gods. By far the worst of all the factions. You talk about your RP not allowing you to surrender but it's a-okay to talk crap to a God? Come on.
    This. Gaia also TDF'd and maggoted me when I left Eleusis, the first for 3-5 days and the latter for a day (Artemis wasn't back yet). I literally had less than 1k health. Iakimen pwned me with 1 1/2 combos from full health because after I left and joined mdor, there was a lot of fighting going on. I was in a brand new class I had no idea what to do with, could barely function in, and had my skills decimated in. Hasar thought I was insane but I just kept on fighting, anyway.

Talk/do shit, get hit. It's life. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I had to deal with worse just to apply to join Mhaldor. Zero sympathy for the anger over a punishment that will pretty quickly go away. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I seem to recall Kairuni getting hdf'd, killed at Fish Street a few times, along with long-term cursed to say random Seven Truths, all because he enemied Apples to Shallam. Just a 5 day HDF doesn't strike me as such a big thing.
  • Valaria said:

In any case, good luck guys I'm playing lusternia

My condolences
  • Cooper said:
    Asmodron said:
    5 day TDFs are considered harsh punishment?

Damn how times have changed...

Anyone remember Original Babel's good ol' horribly painful spirit-shattering punishments? I sure do.
    That was my first thought too. When I left the original Infernal guild, I was given what was called an eternal disfavour at the time. Basically the TDF today. It was unlimited duration.

I think it was about 3 RL months that I had it before I did whatever it was to remove it. Knowing me back then it was probably crying and begging like a little bitch until he gave in.

Mmm that one sounds beautifully painful.

I recall when Babel tortured me for straight up an entire month. Original Babel was big on respect, which a lot were refusing to give because he was basically redefining the idea of Chaos and....was a doomsayer. In the end, He won, and I gave in.
  • Asmodron said:
    Valaria said:

In any case, good luck guys I'm playing lusternia

My condolences
    why it sound like you pity me? Nah, only the reason I got bored because, at dragon level, there is nothing to offer but levels and talisman. So, I just got bored as result of that. Wish I could stay longer but I'm not into Korean grinding style.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • weird, I've kept doing stuff after I got dragon.
  • Farrah said:
    Kiet said:
    weird, I've kept doing stuff after I got dragon.

You didn't get the memo that we aren't allowed to leave the Parthren Gare, ever again? A lifetime of Titonus's dragon meetings and listening to him boast about his scale colour.

hahaha. Sadly, on similar note, my character never left Parthren Gare. If i were RPin, I would be teaching dragon-lets to fly and Don't be like those spineless sapience dragons down below. :D

• No doubt there is more going on between Mhaldor, Sartan and Eleusis than I see, but news of Lord Sartan personally slaying Eleusis' defense parties and nobbling the combat abilities of an Eleusis leader isn't a particularly good look, especially when Eleusis doesn't have an active God to operate at that level. Just because Mhaldor has an active God on it's side shouldn't mean Mhaldor becomes invincible while their enemies are brought to their knees.

• You're grossly overexaggerating, clearly haven't read the circumstances of those attacks, and are ignoring the part where Eleusis brought this on themselves. Maybe you should read the whole thread before opining?
This discussion has been closed.