Shikudo for a returning player?

I'm coming back from a rather long hiatus, and the game has changed quite a bit. One of the new exciting things seems to be Shikudo as a replacement for Tekura, and I'm considering switching to it. I'm getting a bit of conflicting information from my forums perusal and I could use some clarity.

Firstly, is Shikudo like the new weapon mastery specializations or not? Am I going to need to fully trans a new skill, or will my 100 lessons convert my trans Tekura into trans Shikudo?

Next, I'm using SVOF as my mudlet system. I know it supports Tekura well, am I going to have problems with it if I switch?

Finally, am I going to be significantly hindering my knowledge base if I switch to Shikudo? It doesn't seem like a whole lot of people use it, but the forums can be deceptive. 

I really like the idea of using a staff as flavor, but since I'm already facing a learning curve to get back up to speed I don't want to significantly hinder myself.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Svof has a small problem with guard vs parry as well, as a warning. Other then that it's totally fine, you'll just have to put gripping on serverside's keep up yourself.
  • @Keorin What's the problem with guard/parry? 
  • Monk svo relies on tekura guarding instead of parry, while shikudo uses parry instead. This makes it so that if you use svo to manage your parry, it'll spam you with trying to guard.

It's not really a hard fix, you can just uncheck the "have guarding" option in svo's config, and parry manually/with separate scripts. 
  • Shouldn't really be using svo to manage your parry anyway in the age of queuing.
  • Another thing to consider, svo doesn't count shikudo hits? Not entirely sure but shikudo limbs are not ready to count. 
  • Hm, good point. Sounds like SVO may be a bit behind on incorporating Shikudo. Maybe this is something I could assist with if I change over? Is this a lack of interest/time or a lack of people with the skill to contribute?

@Vadimuses @Keneanung any feedback on this?
  • edited June 2017
    Kage said:
    Hm, good point. Sounds like SVO may be a bit behind on incorporating Shikudo. Maybe this is something I could assist with if I change over? Is this a lack of interest/time or a lack of people with the skill to contribute?

@Vadimuses @Keneanung any feedback on this?
    Shikudo's limb is gonna be proprietary information... It's not linear, across different attacks. Ie: one attack breaks linearly, another attack breaks earlier the more health someone has... They can be alright most of the time, but against extreme health values they are a headache to handle... I am not limb expert. Someone else may have better insight to this.
  • @Kage for sure, go ahead. I'd be happy to coach you through the svof code on this!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Theres very little for svo to actually incorporate when it comes to Shikudo. All thats lefr is hyperfocus handling and swapping between guard and parry, I think. Oh, and adding Shikudo limb hit lines. Thats the big one.
    Huh. Neat.