Win10 auto restart?

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
Okay, Ive disabled everything in windows settings. Ive disabled everything in admin templates. For the love of all that is holy, someone tell me how to stop these forced restarts. They only happen every few weeks but they are at the MOST inconvenient times. Nearly just mucked up several hours of effort. Thank heavens that disown is a thing and that I hadnt forgotten about it. This is actually ridiculous. I cant stop themmmmmm.
Huh. Neat.

Answers

• Ahmet said:
    Okay, Ive disabled everything in windows settings. Ive disabled everything in admin templates. For the love of all that is holy, someone tell me how to stop these forced restarts. They only happen every few weeks but they are at the MOST inconvenient times. Nearly just mucked up several hours of effort. Thank heavens that disown is a thing and that I hadnt forgotten about it. This is actually ridiculous. I cant stop themmmmmm.
    Samet thing here, disabled all the features that Win10 uses to auto update/monitor stuff/throttle you etc, no restarts, no updates. Still get shat on by it.
  • Take Windows Update off of startup and kill the process manually, fixed it for me at least? Just run it when you want to update.
  • I have found the best way to do it is using group policy. If you like I can give you all the steps i just dont want to spam the place with a bunch of commands
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Switch to Linux  ;)

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Yall wayyyyyy late. One of the windows updates disabled forced restarts. 
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just update before it auto restarts. Problem solved.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Poor people who run operating systems that do things that you don't explicitly want them to.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My operating system does exactly what I want it to do. When there is a patch, it forces me to apply it so that I don't sit there with a security vulnerability for 2 years and then wonder why all my shit got locked out.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    My operating system does exactly what I want it to do. When there is a patch, it forces me to apply it so that I don't sit there with a security vulnerability for 2 years and then wonder why all my shit got locked out.