Gods currently active

Which gods are currently active as of May 23rd 2017? 

Best Answer

Answers

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aegis. Deucalion. Sartan. Maybe Twilight. Lorielan. Artemis. Maybe Gaia.
    Huh. Neat.
  • 3 out of 19 huh. 
  • Twilight, Artemis, Gaia, and Prospero aren't around anymore.

Aegis, Deucalion, Sartan, Lorielan (though she's a producer now) are the only active Divine.
  • Twilight left us so fast :/
  • edited May 2017
    I completely disagree with @Nazihk on this. The remolding of Hashan as a City of Darkness and Moonlight in the Renaissance has resulted in a massive resurgence in enthusiasm for Hashan. Just look at how Hashan's population has exploded since. While the city recently rejected complete control by Twilight's Order, there is great enthusiasm within the city for Hashan's close association with Twilight and Ourania. If either of those god roles became active once again they would be warmly received by the majority of Hashan's populace.

• That's why Hashan just voted all of their Twilighters out of office by margins of approximately 67 to 3, right? 
  • How do you know they were Twilighters that got kicked out? Aren't darkwalkers supposed to be sneaky and not give away they are in the order... \s
  • edited May 2017
    Nazihk said:
    That's why Hashan just voted all of their Twilighters out of office by margins of approximately 67 to 3, right? 
    As I said, "While the city recently rejected COMPLETE CONTROL by Twilight's Order, there is great enthusiasm within the city for Hashan's CLOSE ASSOCIATION with Twilight and Ourania"

• edited May 2017
    If you ain't for complete control you're useless to an aligned patron deity in Achaea.
  • Egads! I'm beset by Mhaldorians and Targossans. Will no one rid me of these turbulent priests?   :lol:

• What you're saying is that Hashan wants to have an active Patron without actually having to serve that Patron. They want the benefits but won't pay the costs.

That basically makes them worthless to Twilight and a gigantic pain to deal with.
  • I think they are saying is they want a patron and not an owner when it comes to the Gods department.
  • Some cities have governments appointed by the Patron, other cities have governments democratically elected by the citizens. There are a number of cities with governments that are not directly controlled by their Patron. The lack of direct control of a city has never stopped Babel, or Lorielan, or Phaestus, or many other divine from pursuing Their agendas.

• If you want a patron that doesn't control your city, join Cyrene. Otherwise, you're holding your city back.

Ashtan is controlled by their weird version of a patron, Lorielan and Phaestus are unaligned and when Lori was aligned was part of a ruling triad in Shallam. Your examples don't work.
  • Kiet said:
    If you want a patron that doesn't control your city, join Cyrene. Otherwise, you're holding your city back.

Ashtan is controlled by their weird version of a patron, Lorielan and Phaestus are unaligned and when Lori was aligned was part of a ruling triad in Shallam. Your examples don't work.
    Holding your city back from what? 

Given Cyrene's popularity and recent leadership decisions in a couple of cities, I think there's evidence that a good portion of the player base is less interested in being part of direct factional conflict. Having that kind of conflict is essential to the game, but it's not something everybody has fun with and I don't think Cyrene can entirely fill that niche. I like the producers' decision to push for more conflict, but it can be pushed too far. 
  • Kiet said:

If you want a patron that doesn't control your city, join Cyrene. Otherwise, you're holding your city back.

If you don't want conflict, join Cyrene.
    I don't see any sign of Hashan shying away from conflict, nor do I see Hashan becoming more like Cyrene. As Nazihk pointed out, an overwhelming majority of Hashani recently rejected direct control of Hashan by its Patron. I'm quite certain they didn't do that with a view to holding Hashan back. Walking the streets of Hashan, the influences of Darkness and Moonlight are plain for all to see.

• Room descriptions do not a faction identity make. 

Isolationism and centrism, which I think are even bigger a part of Cyrene's identity than its pacifism, are pretty evident in Hashan. When's the last time Hashan meaningfully projected its stances/ideas/politics/military/wealth into world affairs? 

If you're going to be a faction that wants nothing to with other factions, it's going to be incredibly unappealing for a person who has to deal with you if you -also- happen to be a perpetually divided faction with a lot of in-fighting. What is there for that human being to work with, that you would consider a selling point? I can 100% see why someone'd prefer to take a faction they can do something with, try and move onto the world stage with, push in a new direction, expand in some creative way, over one that basically just wants an active admin to do some coding for them to put in new items/denizens/Order members/etc. 
  • Hashan should be the next Shallam. :P

Let the Tsol'teth and Tlalaiad, the Genesis sink the city into the wellspring of power underneath and remake it as an underground city that acts as a giant gateway to the Underrealm.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Kiet said:
    If you don't want conflict, join Cyrene. You are, in fact, holding your city back otherwise. You don't have to be the big pvper or anything, but you shouldn't be the person trying to turn your city into a second Cyrene. That's been proven to be horrible for cities.
    I mean why bother having more than 6 Divine then? There is a difference between not wanting conflict and not wanting the specific flavoured conflict than the divine that happened to wake up and join your city. If Caspian comes back and patrons somewhere, does that city have to go all aquatic now? Or only specific Divine are allowed to patron because they are the only ones lucky enough to get a city, the rest have to fill their orders with the cityless I guess.
  • Non-sequitur. Five cities are aligned, have a guiding patron/patrons, and that's unrelated to what orders individual citizens join except for two of the cities. No one cares if you're worshiping Scarlatti or Phaestus in Eleusis as long as you work towards protecting Nature, after all. Aegis patrons Ashtan despite the Chaos Court being the ruling force, because not all patrons have to be the ones embodying the city directly.

If you don't want Twilight, then why would you join the city he's been influencing for centuries and that practically exists for him?
  • Just to put it out there, should NEREAOS return his teachings aren't 'make everything wet'. It is more like that being a well rounded individual helps you work towards being the best person you can be.
  • neroes*
  • Tahquil said:
    Just to put it out there, should NEREAOS return his teachings aren't 'make everything wet'. It is more like that being a well rounded individual helps you work towards being the best person you can be.
    Misread this as 'make everyone wet'. Was disappointed. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Tahquil said:
    Just to put it out there, should NEREAOS return his teachings aren't 'make everything wet'. It is more like that being a well rounded individual helps you work towards being the best person you can be.
    Picking a name two generations dead was essential for my strawman.
  • Accipiter said:
    If Caspian comes back and patrons somewhere, does that city have to go all aquatic now? 

Yes, obviously. Any city who accepts the patronage of the God of the Oceans should expect to be involved in a lot of Ocean Things, and if you take on the God of Baking for a patron you should prepare to break out the fucking aprons. This should be common sense; if you are not willing to do that then don't take them as your Patron.

There is an understood quid pro quo agreement between a city and its Patron. The Patron serves the city, both in the administrative and roleplaying senses. In return the city serves the Patron. This is not rocket surgery.

• Nazihk said:
    What you're saying is that Hashan wants to have an active Patron without actually having to serve that Patron. They want the benefits but won't pay the costs.

That basically makes them worthless to Twilight and a gigantic pain to deal with.
    This discord is exactly what Twilight wants!  He probably encouraged it and secretly is active AF.

I remember back in the day when Twilighters were the sneakiest mofos around.  Man, they were good. Every city wanted to know which Twilighters had infiltrated what branches of the government/citizenry and what opinions they were spewing.   So much potential for a Twilight role.

Accipiter said:
    If Caspian comes back and patrons somewhere, does that city have to go all aquatic now? 

Xaden said:
    Misread this as 'make everyone wet'. Was disappointed. 
    Caspian was very much in favor of "make everyone wet".