Need help to migrate to Mudlet.

Hello and first sorry for my bad english.

I really like to play in nexus client but i am very crude in triggers and package i only know how to use buttons and alias. I went searching in the forum and discovery that the massive players use the mudlet client to play so installed the mudlet client and decide to migrate to it.

I downloaded the svof zip version to my character but i can't installed it with vinstall command because it don't work. I unzip the file but i really don't know how to install it.

Anyone can help me how to install the svof package in mudlet?

Is there a gui to use with this client?

Thank you.

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Hi!

So, to install Svof, don't unzip the folder. Just click 'Package Manager' at the top, click 'Install', then navigate to the zip file. Install the zip file itself. After that, type 'vinstall' and it'll take you through setup.

As far as GUIs go, there's a good number available. Zulah's GUIs are pretty popular. Just look around for one that looks good to you.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thank you Ahmet! Now i get installed!
  • May find this of slight use at first. 
    http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Migrating
  • edited May 2017
    This doesn't answer your question, but if you have a hard time with mudlet, you might think about going back to nexus. I'm lousy at coding but nexus has pretty easy to use alias/trigger creators with drop-down menus. I've been able to create simple things with it and understand them enough to tinker. More and more people are creating nexus scripts, and adding packages is very very easy. There's a nexus clan in-game. 

The problem I have with mudlet is that I don't understand the code well enough to troubleshoot, so if I try something and it doesn't work, I'm lost until I can find somebody to help me. Maybe that won't be a problem for you and if mudlet works out, that's great! If not, I do think nexus is a lot more user-friendly for non-coders. 
  • There's a Mudlet clan in-game and there's also a really big Discord channel at https://discord.gg/kuYvMQ9 - come by if you need any help!