Should I Just Start Over?

1235»

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Razara said:
    Maybe a better question is: Will I still get taunted for playing a forestal in Mhaldor because my character "doesn't make sense"?
    You have the power to make it make sense.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited May 2017
    Razara said:
    Maybe a better question is: Will I still get taunted for playing a forestal in Mhaldor because my character "doesn't make sense"?
    People outside of Mhaldor will taunt you for the most petty of things. That's how online games are for the most part. The key is to ignore such people, and don't let them distract/discourage you from playing the way you're playing. Just tell Proficy or Aegoth if people are being giant assholes, they'll go raid/kill them for you.

People in Mhaldor, as the thread's dictated, likely won't give a toss if you stay Druid. Not sure how being a Druid in Mhaldor "doesn't make sense" - being Mhaldorian doesn't mean you have to like Exterminating. I mean most people like 'forest conflict' about as much as they like shrine conflict. Except @Atalkez, he loves it a lot. Especially the bashing for essence part.
  • @Klendathu @Ryzeth Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll probably stay in Mhaldor, but I'll at least make an alt first so I don't burden everyone by not remembering how the game works.
  • You'd be just as much 'burdening' people as an alt, just different people :tongue:

You're giving yourself anxiety over nothing. Relax. We help old characters who don't even remember how to buy vials all the time. Stay or leave Mhaldor, I don't care, but don't obstruct your own gaming experience over things that are only in your head.
  • @Ryzeth the part that doesn't make sense is that she wants to rp a druid who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor. 

Druid is fine, the other part is not. 

• Kiet said:
    You'd be just as much 'burdening' people as an alt, just different people :tongue:

Fair enough, though I'll still feel better if I can initially be a burden as a character who who isn't like 500 years old, or something.
    Cooper said:
    @Ryzeth the part that doesn't make sense is that she wants to rp a druid who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor. 

What part, Cooper?

• The part in which he outlined it doesn't make sense - supporting the forests, no dislike of Eleusis. Those are... controversial views in Mhaldor.

I can't believe this thread has lasted for 5 pages. I agree with Kiet, you are overcomplicating this and giving yourself anxiety over non-issues. Just try playing in Mhaldor and see how it works for you personally. No one here is going to tell you how you're going to deal with it. Go play the game and find out.
  • Razara said:

Cooper said:
    @Ryzeth the part that doesn't make sense is that she wants to rp a druid who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor. 

What part, Cooper?

I'm going to go out on a tentacle and say "...who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor".

• I think I said this already, but I tried to join Shallam when I didn't understand how unforgiving people are for leaving a city in this game, tried to rejoin Eleusus, and the leader at the time said no, so I was like, "Screw it."
  • edited May 2017
    I have intense anxiety and OCD, and I break out in severe sweats and shakes, sometimes to vomit potential just for house interviews, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in mhaldor, and slowly that anxiety is lessening. You have all the power in your character's story, just prepare for having to "deal" (it's not even bad :D) with the strictness in Mhaldor, and trust me, no matter how garbage you are at anything, no one is going to personally crap on you. I should know, I can barely code basic triggers :)
  • Minifie said:
    I have intense anxiety and OCD, and I break out in severe sweats and shakes, sometimes to vomit potential just for house interviews, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in mhaldor, and slowly that anxiety is lessening. You have all the power in your character's story, just prepare for having to "deal" (it's not even bad :D) with the strictness in Mhaldor, and trust me, no matter how garbage you are at anything, no one is going to personally crap on you. I should know, I can barely code basic triggers :)
    Same here regarding anxiety and OCD. When I last played, I think I ended up crying more than a few times, but I still enjoyed my time in Mhaldor enough that I've been considering going back to this game for years. Honestly, when I was in college learning to program, part of my motivation was that it would help me be good at Achaea, eventually.
  • Razara said:
    Kiet said:
    You'd be just as much 'burdening' people as an alt, just different people :tongue:

Fair enough, though I'll still feel better if I can initially be a burden as a character who who isn't like 500 years old, or something.
    Cooper said:

What part, Cooper?

Lol. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

• Cooper said:
    Razara said:
    Kiet said:

Cooper said:

What part, Cooper?

Lol. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

This is the forum and not Mhaldor, so you don't have to RP as a jerk here.
  • lols @ cooper RPing
  • Yeah, I guess that's true. XD
  • You guys are great. Glad to be back. :3