Should I Just Start Over?

Comments

• Durian said:
    He's trying to make peace, get him Americans!
    Wouldn't hit someone too drunk to stand up, would you? (let me know now so I know whether or not to go to the pub...)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• We'll tell you we won't and then take advantage of you.
  • Xaden said:
    Durian said:
    He's trying to make peace, get him Americans!
    Wouldn't hit someone too drunk to stand up, would you? (let me know now so I know whether or not to go to the pub...)
    Now we know you've been lying to us. A true Irishman would know that you should ALWAYS go to the pub.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The pub is wherever I am.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • You should ALWAYS go to Mosr.

• Razara said:
    I just want to be a dragon since I'm so close, unless they changed that, too.
    Level 85 is not "close". It's certainly something, but less than halfway to Dragon in terms of total XP points accumulated, I believe.

Oh, for the love of God, you think I care if I'm even half-way to Dragon? -_- My point is that I know how to program, so the rest won't matter if I can efficiently program.

• God. >_>;
  • Razara said:
    God. >_>;
    if you get caught in the quote bubble, delete your quote and requote. It'll fix it up good as new.
  • ^ Minifie, I don't even know what to say to that bubble stuff, but overall it seems like the best thing I can do is withdraw from Mhal'dor, and work it out from there. I doubt they remember who I am, but they still might kill me for leaving. (Seriously, if any of the people from Mhal'dor actually remembers me, then I absolutely deserve to be killed by that person with an epic memory.)
  • Otherwise it's like, "Um, I heard there was this weak person... So, yeah, die..." >_> <_<
  • Mhaldor does, I think, enact a "blood price" of a single death to somebody who leaves. I don't know if they do it to people who've just come back from dormancy though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Mhaldor does, I think, enact a "blood price" of a single death to somebody who leaves. I don't know if they do it to people who've just come back from dormancy though.

If it's just a single death, then I'll gladly kneel and have my head cut off. Anymore than that is a bit much for a game.
  • I mean, don't get me wrong, I've never wanted to leave Mhal'dor, but I don' think I have much of a choice at this point, given how the game has evolved. ._.;
  • Razara said:
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I've never wanted to leave Mhal'dor, but I don' think I have much of a choice at this point, given how the game has evolved. ._.;
    Listen, everyone who told you you have to leave Mhaldor was not Mhaldorian and generally clueless. If you want to stay in Mhaldor, you can, and we'll all do our best to help you as best we can if you need it. Mhaldor isn't made up of RL evil people that are out to ruin your fun.

The only issue is you might get forest enemied, but like we said, you can still use all your abilities even then.
  • Kiet said:
    Razara said:
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I've never wanted to leave Mhal'dor, but I don' think I have much of a choice at this point, given how the game has evolved. ._.;
    Listen, everyone who told you you have to leave Mhaldor was not Mhaldorian and generally clueless. If you want to stay in Mhaldor, you can, and we'll all do our best to help you as best we can if you need it. Mhaldor isn't made up of RL evil people that are out to ruin your fun.

The only issue is you might get forest enemied, but like we said, you can still use all your abilities even then.
    The sad part is that in all my years that my character was never meant to be an enemy against the forest-- just an enemy of good. I really don't understand how those aren't two completely different things, since I've never known good to be synonymous with nature. Are trees all that are good, or something? I just don't get it.
  • edited May 2017
    In game, Evil and evil are not the same. Neither are Good and good. Mhaldor generally doesn't care about nature, but the nature protectors take offense at the uniquely mhaldorian skill whose purpose it is to mess with life/life forces.
  • Okay, so they take offense even if that person clearly means no harm to them? I'm not saying that most of Mhaldor isn't a threat to nature, but it's really making the game less interesting if there's no room for characters to find a middle-ground, especially since there's barely any Druids in Mhaldor to begin with, especially ones who want to roleplay in a way that is believable for a middle ground.
  • They don't care about a middle ground since Mhaldor clearly, as a whole, endorses said skill. Extermination is also no longer outlawed.

I don't really know what the big deal with being enemied to the forests, is, to be honest. It's annoying if you fight in them, and it's annoying to bash forest stuff, but it makes no real impact on your day to day life. No one said you have to start exterminating and hating trees just for that. You also can still get curatives since now there's alchemy.
  • Kiet said:
    They don't care about a middle ground since Mhaldor clearly, as a whole, endorses said skill. Extermination is also no longer outlawed.

I don't really know what the big deal with being enemied to the forests, is, to be honest. It's annoying if you fight in them, and it's annoying to bash forest stuff, but it makes no real impact on your day to day life. No one said you have to start exterminating and hating trees just for that. You also can still get curatives since now there's alchemy.

Doesn't it prevent me from rezzing people, and stuff, though? Never planning on attacking the forest, but being an enemy will still make my life hell, if I'm not mistaken.
  • Sounds like you've never understood Mhaldor.

The way you want to rp will not work and doesn't make sense. 

• I remember you, Cooper. My point has always been that there should be some room for people who join your cause without being 100% into destroying both good and nature. Is someone who wants to destroy either just good or nature so detrimental to your cause? It creates the element of surprise, at the very least, and makes the game have some unique aspects, which was always my main hope.
  • That way of thinking does not work in Mhaldor, and never has.

• This game makes you read books and write essays about cities, so I can't even imagine how I couldn't understand Mhaldor, especially after college. o _o
  • Razara said:
    Kiet said:
    They don't care about a middle ground since Mhaldor clearly, as a whole, endorses said skill. Extermination is also no longer outlawed.

Doesn't it prevent me from rezzing people, and stuff, though? Never planning on attacking the forest, but being an enemy will still make my life hell, if I'm not mistaken.
    I've got no idea on the rezzing, but I'm not sure most Mhaldorians can even be grove rezzed, so not like you'd be able to use it anyway. You can still use all the other abilities like grove lightning, cure, panacea, probably isolation, swing staff... the list goes on for useful abilities in groves that are unaffected!

Your life will be... completely unaffected, mostly. I've been a forest enemy for ages and I only notice when we're exterming/defiling in forest rooms.
  • Oh, F it, I'll just join another city. Any takers?
  • I can program, I have money, and I assure you I'll be a great contributor to your city,

• Did the part where I said I give up on Mhaldor get cut out? That was the point of my last post. -_-;
  • Give up all you want, I'm just saying the excuses are a bit odd. It sounds to me more like you were looking for a reason to leave Mhaldor, in which case go hog wild!
  • Eleusis is always an option, if you want to preserve the lessons you've invested in your class skills. But I caution you to learn a little bit about Eleusis before making that decision, because it's also changed a bit.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Razara said:
    Besides Grove Rezz, Druids can now rezz anyone, anywhere, without using a Grove:
    Krypton said:
    And a forest-enemied Druid can still resurrect unlimitedly through Revive in Reclamation (the new Druid skill that replaced Concoctions a couple years ago).