Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• edited December 2016
    @Austere so... I'm getting this issue

I've tried reinstalling it but that didn't do anything... I didn't change anything save the things for the chat grabber
    img.png 171.8K

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    @Austere so... I'm getting this issue

I've tried reinstalling it but that didn't do anything... I didn't change anything save the things for the chat grabber
    Try plopping mycharacters = {"Aralaya"} somewhere in a script
  • Is the download link broken? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • @Austere Thanks! When I redownloaded I forgot to do that but did all the chat stuff :lol:

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I'm not getting anything in the mapper window, I am almost assuming this has something to do with my mudlet since I wasn't getting any map output in the map window on Zulahs GUI either.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited December 2016
    Elsam said:
    I'm not getting anything in the mapper window, I am almost assuming this has something to do with my mudlet since I wasn't getting any map output in the map window on Zulahs GUI either.
    If you're on epsilon, its an issue with what order the map loads vs what order they geyser box loads.  I'm fairly sure geyser boxes like that aren't supported and haven't been since delta was released (since there are other issues and I think I read that somewhere but could be completely making this shit up), but epsilon really does a good job highlighting them.  It's fixable, though, just running mmp.startup() in the script that initializes your map GUI(or anywhere after it initializes) seems to fix it for me. 
  • edited December 2016
    Ignore this post, I'm dumb. 
    (Don't know how to delete a post either)
  • edited March 2017
    Hello. Not sure if anyone has ran into this issue and has a fix but I have been wrenching my mind trying to figure this out sifting through the code and cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Sometimes (usually after my target cures an affliction) I start getting errors from triggers that call the OppGainedAff() function. These errors look like this:

[ERROR:] object: function: <./mudlet-lua/lua/TableUtils.lua:101: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)>

[ERROR:] object: function: <./mudlet-lua/lua/TableUtils.lua:101: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)>

They are always
    <./mudlet-lua/lua/TableUtils.lua:101: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)> errors. If anyone can please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • Two potential issues:

AK is reusing a variable for two different things; it starts off as a table, and then later becomes a string.

AK has a variable with the same name as something in one of your other scripts, and the same thing happens: starts as a table, later gets changed to a string.

I suspect it's probably option 1, since I'm pretty sure I had the same errors showing up when I had AK installed.
  • Does anyone have an updated version of this to include Sentinel triggers? Was thinking of taking what is provided on the link and chopping it up to my needs, but wanted to see if anyone was willing to donate a Sentinel version of this tracker.
  • Renek said:
    Does anyone have an updated version of this to include Sentinel triggers? Was thinking of taking what is provided on the link and chopping it up to my needs, but wanted to see if anyone was willing to donate a Sentinel version of this tracker.
    Isn't hard to plug your own triggers in, if you're into that kind of thing.

• So I tried to add a few things into the script. I added a bunch of stuff to the setserveraliases() function and now I am getting these for errors, can someone help me out.

[ERROR:] object:<Ate> function:<Trigger4633>
             <[string "function affsate(what)..."]:27: attempt to get length of global 'akrandomaffs'
    (a number value)>
    [ERROR:] object:<Insomnia> function:<Trigger4646>
             <[string "function checksentattack()..."]:19: stack overflow>
    [ERROR:] object:<Ate> function:<Trigger4633>
             <mudlet-lua/lua/TableUtils.lua:101: stack overflow>
    [ERROR:] object:<error in Lua code> function:<no debug data available>
             <Lua error:[string "--scoreup..."]:22: stack overflow>
    [ERROR:] object:<error in Lua code> function:<no debug data available>
             <Lua error:[string "function checksentattack()..."]:19: stack overflow>
    [ERROR:] object:<reset> function:<Key71>
    [ERROR:] object:<extirpate> function:<Key70>

• Stack overflow suggests you've got poorly implemented (likely totally unintentional) recursion going on. You're going to have to post the code for the checksentattack function at the very least.
    Akrandomaffs has a few discrepancies in formatting because this release was right after I had the idea.  To my knowledge, it does nothing for 4.1, though, so if you search for it and delete anything referencing that table, you should be good. Alternatively, search for "akrandomaffs = 0" and "akrandomaffs = akrandomaffs or 0" and change it to {}, it should correct on startup. As a note, this particular issue does nothing negative to my knowledge, since it thinks they have no affs anyway

The overflow stack is on your end.  If you like you can send me the script in question (checksentattack()), and i can debug it
    edited April 2017
    Take scoreup () out of your script
  • function checksentattack()
    <p>	if stack == "skullbash" then</p>
    <p>		if affstrack.score.impatience<66 then</p>
    <p>			sentattack = "doublestrike"</p>
    <p>		elseif affstrack.score.epilepsy<66 then</p>
    <p>		elseif affstrack.score.impatience == 100 and affstrack.score.epilepsy == 100 then</p>
    <p>			sentattack = "axe"</p>
    <p>		end</p>
    <p>	elseif stack == "extirpate" then</p>
    <p>		if affstrack.score.impatience<66 then</p>
    <p>		elseif affstrack.score.epilepsy<66 then</p>
    <p>		elseif affstrack.score.impatience == 100 and affstrack.score.epilepsy == 100 then</p>
    <p>			sentattack = "axe"</p>
    <p>		end</p>
    <p>	end	</p>
    <p>	scoreup()</p>
    <p>end</p>

• I think I fixed it, I had to change a few scripts to seperate them, and then I had some values that were not working properly.
  • Having never touched AK despite people being adamant I use it. How hard is it to implement Depthswalker and its afflictions? We've a Newbie Depthswalker I'm trying to help, but as far as I'm aware, leach, loop, madness, depression, etc aren't in AK, right? Would it just take a solid hour or so writing everything in? Would I need to go into the internal settings and write in 'leach' and cures for it being kelp? (Then obviously add in every unique affliction)
  • filthy AK users. Manual or die!
  • You would have to go in and add the afflictions to appropriate tables, cures, and resets. And also add the affliction messages and the progressive affliction code. 

It's doable but will probably take a while to do if you aren't familiar with AK. It would probably take me 3-4 hours to do it myself, mostly because it would be difficult for me to write the progressive aff stuff in a smart way. 

Driden has most of it done though, might be able to snag it from him. 

• anyone having trouble with the limb counter? I can't seem to get the assess trigger to update brkl properly. Keeps saying its trying to reference "?".  I can't seem to figure it out
  • I wouldn't use the limb tracker, I'm not sure it was ever finished.

• I had to tweak the limb counter pretty heavily in the past.
  • Does the guesstimate formula or the one he had in the script itself pretty acurate? 
  • Renek said:
    Does the guesstimate formula or the one he had in the script itself pretty acurate? 
    When I tested it with DWC and SnB last, it was off by anywhere from 1-5 hits depending on health levels. Easier to just not use it, and go around getting the formulas yourself... Or asking Rangor/Rom, one of them are bound to have correct values.
    The snb formula was a Godzilla special.  The standard weaponry formula was a forums find.  The weaonstabs table should have a place for augments for snb, and as far as I can tell,  dwc uses a different formula than standard weaponry. @Klendathu and I both took a crack at fixing the forums find up a few years ago, but didn't get very far with it, to my knowledge. I want to say we tried every one we could find publicly posted and didn't have a lot of luck
  • I've never seen a single formula posted publicly that has ever worked for DWC, and most of them are from before a lot of the buffs to DWC limb damage.

I've always found the formula for sword and shield to be accurate for Paladin. I don't know if it factors in the limb damage bonus from runes correctly though, which may explain it not being accurate for Runewarden.
  • I was needing it for sentinel. Mainly for doublestrike hits and axe throw hits
  • All of sudden, AK has decided to ignore the majority of all herb eats... Nothing has changed in the 'ate' trigger... And I just don't get it, anyone else having issues like such?