Forum trouble

edited August 2012 in Tech Support
Does anyone besides me see that they have inbox-related trouble, of a nature that makes the inbox  pretty much unaccessible?

Or maybe notice that someone (possibly oneself?) has earned a badge, says his or her profile page, for example, Delphinius has 25 likes and 5 LOLs, both of which should earn badges, but he doesn't appear to have them yet. Not sure, but Oceana made a thread which may have been about the same thing.

I emailed support@achaea.com and got no answer to the top line, at time of this posting.

Anybody?
Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π

Comments

• I think badges are often somewhat delayed. Maybe it's only being checked once a day whether someone has fulfilled the requirements for one or something.
  • I am not sure what is going on with the inbox, but Vanilla should be sorting it out for us. I have a feeling it may be related to the badges delaying as well.
  • @Boosteya Yes, that was what my thread was about. I had 5 likes but no badge. I got the badge at the 6th or 7th like though.

Inbox is still inaccessible. Hovering over messages shows me a "FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_Database.Query(); etcetera"
  • @Oceana that's exactly my problem, too.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Sending someone a message from their profile page also will not work.

That said, I just got a badge in time. Badges are working again?!
  • Yeah I'm having that issue too with the new Inbox. It works only now and then but it's intrinsically unreliable if you want to send PMs to people. I still just use the old forums' PM system instead.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Hrm, you guys all still get an error when you over over or click the inbox? I'm able to access mine without trouble, so am wondering if it's been fixed since.

• I could access my inbox and send a message!
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited September 2012
    @Sarapis: Works for me, too.

ETA: Though, I haven't tried to actually -send- a message yet. As I don't really have a purpose to, yet. ;)
  • It's working now! Took a good work to get it up and running again proper, so maybe it was just a buggy thing happening with servers?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Random bug I found:

If you go into people's name/profile thing, check their comments and scroll all the way to the bottom you can hit the more comments button,  I'm -assuming- this is for when people have made an obscene number of comments, but in this case it just adds another full list of the comments you just read.  And there's another button at the bottom of -that- that does the same thing.  I made it about seven deep before I realized WTF I was doing.
  • Yeah, to the above, I'm not even sure how that works. When you mouse-over the more comments link, it shows it linking to p2/3/etc. of the comments, but still just brings up a replicated list from p1.

• Anyone else have a problem with being apparently logged out in certain threads?

For some reason I can't comment on @Lodi's theatrical production in the Scarlattan Theatre (great read, by the way, well worth the 15-20mins it took, would love for someone with abundant cash to actually make that production IRL). When viewing that thread, I appear to be logged out and when I try to log in, nothing happens...
  • Been using the forums on my phone and next to everyone's names it says whether or not they are a mortal builder, leader, acc member, moderator, etc. Is that suppose to happen?

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Luhar Glad you enjoyed it. :) I was wondering why no one had commented yet...
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)