Combat Logs

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Go DWB, do damn quicker breaks and minmax damage. But it doesn't solve the problem.

I literally bought a robes to stand a chance fighting with BM. At least they have to impaleslash, twists 4 times, impale again and twist again to reach the kill point, which I'd writhe off and stand 1s before their balance is back that I can WALK away or fly. If the room is iced and walled, or I didn't walk away, or I shield or I tumbled, that all looks like a good idea, it's actually death.

BM is super strong when it gets to their point of execution, unless they mess up, there is very little defensive options.

I have played a few classes against BM:
    Bard: Sing solo to steal mana on first twist, and then again on song balance. Also, somersault quickly. Gets you more mana to clot.
    Knight: Battlecry at the right time could work, marginally.
    Shaman: Bind silvanix tumble immediately on break.
    DW: I think you can switch health and mana or something, not so sure. Crystal and reset tattoo cooldown.

Some tricks:
    Bard: Aria to switch break points.
    Shaman: Attune/unattune marak to switch break points.
    Runie: Jera or smudge it to switch break point.
    ... You get the idea. Good BM can still keep track of it pretty well, but generally switching break point changing your constitution can mess them up, and frustrate them mid-fight. You gotta offer them struggles. Tho I hate using such tricks and hardly use them even in duels.

I am not sure about defensive capabilities of other classes facing BM's sequence.

Even with a robes and all these in mind, BM could still put things back in their favor with a Torso break. Or a few impale twists to pre-damage your mana before their sequence.

Also I believe, you don't have 1s to run away from impaleslash if it's done with balanceslash-delayed strike into impaleslash, immediately double break while you are still offbalance, havn't look into it but it feels I had it few times from a capable BM.

BM is very strong, so, limb counting has to suck, don't like this either.

• Delayed strike seems to be getting changed soon, according to this classlead round.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited April 2017
    This whole post I wrote, made no sense, and I'm too lazy to write it properly. I'm bad at forums.
  • Lmao. Need to prio justice higher 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • For sure, it was very avoidable. I honestly didn't realize it'd hit so hard.
  • I'm sorry, did he just prone chasten you? What kind of bullshit is that?
  • Up until very recently they could absolve whole prone, too.

• Farrah said:
    Rangor said:
    Against blademasters, duel next to a river. Tumble into the river when legs break. Stream will save you 

Praise Nature?

Only if you shout it unironically in game.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Armali said:
    I'm sorry, did he just prone chasten you? What kind of bullshit is that?

Used to be able to chasten off bal from tumble too. Those were the days...

Prone chasten is fine though imo. Priest offense just isn't as intimidating as most straight momentum classes. I don't mind some momentum keeping while prone.

Can't take all the cool things away.
  • edited April 2017
    Priest seems considerably more manageable now that earthdisrupt doesn't extend herb balance. Damage can still be scary if they're artifacted tho with healthleech+nausea+sensitivity (albeit RNG) on top of smites/justice/demons damage.

+ they prep pretty damn quickly with smites, which means they always have resto-breaks to hinder offence/escape when needed, albeit another thing to keep track of on top of their other things they gotta manage.
  • Where are all the 1v1 logs, raiding skirmish logs etc? Maybe I have grown blind in my old age

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:

We'll have a fix for that weird case of the crucible not going out on starburst firing with the first batch of classleads.

• Dat aff tracking/reporting and auto targeting tho.

• Lol, okay. Read the log again, because you're way off.

• 6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Proficy] 17:35:16.257 
    (Party): Farrah says, "Target: Ysela."
    [Jarvis]: Target is now Ysela
    6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Proficy] 17:35:16.301 
    Your target is now: Ysela (an adventurer)
    6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:16.336 

5835h 4416m 100%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:20.521 
    Greys lashes out with a swift, reaping blow at Ysela.
    Grey fog begins to rise from the suddenly panicked-looking Ysela.
    Afflicted: Loop
    Afflicted: Healthleech
    A grey miasma flares around Ysela.
    5835h 4416m 100%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:20.540 

7211h 4532m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:19.044 
    (Party): You say, "Curare on Ysela."
    7211h 4532m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:19.071 

In order:

Auto target

Aff tracking

Aff reporting

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    @Atalkez, you tryhard scrub with your Depthswalker aff tracking!!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Why is there a campaign against reporting on PT now? I'm so behind the times. Is PT in Mdor silent these days?

Don't forget the autorezz tho:

(Party): Ankhareoutef says, "Res me it you can."

• Kenway said:
    He's been pretty adamant that he doesn't auto target or aff track at all, so this is just me calling out the bullshit.

• edited April 2017
    Cooper said:
    6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Proficy] 17:35:16.257 
    (Party): Farrah says, "Target: Ysela."
    [Jarvis]: Target is now Ysela
    6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Proficy] 17:35:16.301 
    Your target is now: Ysela (an adventurer)
    6839h 4457m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:16.336 

5835h 4416m 100%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:20.521 
    Greys lashes out with a swift, reaping blow at Ysela.
    Grey fog begins to rise from the suddenly panicked-looking Ysela.
    Afflicted: Loop
    Afflicted: Healthleech
    A grey miasma flares around Ysela.
    5835h 4416m 100%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:20.540 

7211h 4532m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:19.044 
    (Party): You say, "Curare on Ysela."
    7211h 4532m 99%e 99%w [40.4%] [Ysela] 17:35:19.071 

In order:

Auto target

Aff tracking

Aff reporting

Except you can't do curare and loop at the same time, so obviously I wasn't calling the affliction Greys used, I was calling mine. Also, those are just echos because the first lines for DW are the same, so my echos fire on Greys hit.

I auto target on Farrah, because the two of us have to be on sync, so it's just easier to auto when there are 30 people in room. Just going to the ignore the big ass box that says MIGHT NEED TO SWAP TARGET? I mean, don't let the facts stop ya though.

^Grey fog begins to rise from the suddenly panicked-looking (.+)\.$

if announce then

if matches[2] == target then

cecho("\n<red>Afflicted: Loop")

end

end

^\(Party\)\: (\w+) says\, \"Target: (\w+).\"$

if raid == true then

if matches[2] == "Farrah" then

target = (matches[3]):title()

send("st " ..matches[3])

send("tunnelvision on " ..matches[3])

report("Target is now " ..matches[3])

else

boxDisplay("Might need to swap target!")

end

end

Next question please.

• edited April 2017
    Cooper said:
    Kenway said:
    He's been pretty adamant that he doesn't auto target or aff track at all, so this is just me calling out the bullshit.

I don't think he ever said he doesn't auto-target. He does (on a toggle, obv).

To be fair, when he refers to aff tracking, he means like having an alias that chooses affs for you based on a table tracking opponent affs. All you're pointing to is subs he made for DW third person messages (though he did need to make some kind of table to track the progression level, I think).

PT reporting has been done long before auto aff tracking was a thing. I like to see that my group is attacking, and to be able to look back in a log and see what they were doing, even if I can't read it all mid-fight. PTs helps a lot whether auto-aff tracking or not.

Not to mention there are so many people on every side that automate I'm surprised this still even comes up after every fight.

• I don't recall him saying he doesn't track afflictions. I recall him saying he doesn't automate his afflictions, though. Pretty big difference there.

Your "calling bullshit" is pretty wrong and laughable.
  • "IM CALLING YOU OUT FOR AUTO FOLLOWING TARGET CALLS!!!"

You guys literally do that same shit for LoS stuff.  Don't even.

It was an 11-13 v 12-14.  It was a pretty fun match, overall.
  • Should do colored party target illusion.
  • Set background color to your party channel and never fall prey to that sort of thing ever again.
  • I thought that wasn't allowed