A thought on fantasy racism

2»

Comments

• Jovolo said:
    If race wasn't so flexible and fluid, racism would be a much easier in-game viewpoint to enforce. On what basis do you decide to dislike someone: they're currently a certain race, that they've been a certain race in the past, that they associate with people of a certain race, their parents are a race or were a race at some point? How do you keep track?

I would support making it more difficult to switch between races with how we essentially have stat packs for every race. You can be whatever you want and still achieve relative optimisation for whatever class/playstyle you decide upon. 
    My point is that a character can hate another character for not choosing to change from a race they dislike. The fact that race is fluid actually validates racism in Achaea in my opinion, because why would you live and let live the fillthy inferior races when they could just be human/Tsol'aa/Rajamala?
  • Nazihk said:
    Dwarves are a garbage race and I think less of anybody who plays them. Especially @Mathilda
    Go back to Krenindala!!
     <3 
  • funny enough, the NPCs in the game tend to showcase racism quite often.

You can find it all around, if you greet and listen.
  • edited April 2017
    I've never met someone racist against Horkvals... except those Grook on Ulangi. *angry chitter*

Though I've never experienced any racist sentiments in-character, I see it as something for my character to overcome, however he may do that. If someone's going to poke fun at him because his eyes are gigantic, he'd probably laugh. Though if someone outright hated him for whatever reason (phobia of insects, disfavors Aegis as a deity, is an angry larvae-stealing Grook), I imagine he'd be somewhat distraught. At the very most, I think I have run into a few people who were sort of like "Horkval can think outside of a hive?", to which Tyr is just like "Hell yeah! Wanna see my alchemy set?"
  • Kayeil said:
    Asmodron said:
    Hmm this has become interesting. So of races hated by gods:

Lorielan dislikes Humans
    Babel dislikes Rajamalan
    Neraeos dislikes Atavians (Im assuming..)
    Vastar dislikes Tritons (may as well throw this in)

Anything else?
    I think Voc mentioned something to me a while back about Nerai or Tritons not being too trusting of Grooks either.
    Good memory!  The Grook-Merfolk Enmity exists because of the usage of Grook as shock troopers during the Seleucarian Empire's invasion of the meric cities in an effort to gain sole control of trade routes.  Many Merfolk ended up fleeing these cities and brought with them stories of the attacks which spread a deep dislike for the Grook, as well as Landwalkers in general, amongst the sea-dwelling races.

Would you like to know more?
    (If yes feel free to contact me in game!)
  • edited April 2017
    Humans are best race.

• Remilia said:
    Humans are best race.

How can you lie to yourself so much, even with this armoured chick is staring up at #AtavianMasterRace in envy? 
  • Virgo said:
    Remilia said:
    Humans are best race.
    How can you lie to yourself so much, even with this armoured chick is staring up at #AtavianMasterRace in envy? 
    That's okay, she has a tentacle tattoo.
  • Remilia said:
    Virgo said:
    Remilia said:
    Humans are best race.
    That's okay, she has a tentacle tattoo.
    Blasphemy.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Looking that far up? Definitely eyeing the trollish master race.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • More like trying to get her nose away from the smell of troll. 
  • edited April 2017
    She's mhun. Look at those hands. She's just amazed at seeing the sky for the first time.
  • Daklore hates every race equally. Especially Rajamalans.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.