Simplified PK Discussion

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
edited September 2012 in North of Thera
See ANNOUNCE #3700 in-game for all the details!

Comments

• LucineLucine Utah
    edited September 2012
    Oh wow.

I have to admit, I really like this change.  It's one of those things where I've never been good at understanding the PK rules, and this is just... really great.  And more or less how Lucine would want to act.
  • It almost sounds to good to be true. Less issues more cowbell.
  • yay! No more PK Lawyers needed to interpret all the rules!

• :: rival Lucine :: Oh, wait. Never mind.

Looks good in theory, and I hope in practice as well. Will definitely make things more realistic if, as requested, we are not jerks.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    I WOULD say I'm kind of disappointed (cause after 3+ years of studying the whole cause thing, I thought I had it pretty well memorised and figured out), but I don't know if saying such things could and would be used against me in a court of..never mind. There are no courts as such. Just blue lightning bolts. Carry on!
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• Please fix your sig, @Samakhulis. It is insanely and unnecessarily large, kind of like Cooper's ego.
  • I hated it when it was announced to be stretched to islands on a trial run which never seemed to end and I'm hating it now, ugh

• Good change. Been waiting on this for a long time now, was afraid it wasn't going to be implemented. Hope it doesn't get abused.

• Draqoom said:
    Good change. Been waiting on this for a long time now, was afraid it wasn't going to be implemented. Hope it doesn't get abused.
    I hope the garden is gonna be extremely strict on the 'don't be a jerk'. Achaeans have proven themselves to abuse the hell out of whatever tiny little thing they get and this won't be any different.

• this, along with the snub changes, have made me very happy. Great step forward. Now we just need theft to be looked at again!

• edited September 2012
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3701
    Date: 9/6/2012 at 7:04
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Bank Robbery

After an extended reconsideration, we're pleased to announce the upcoming release
    of our bank robbery system!

Starting this coming Monday at 00:00GMT (8pm Sunday EST/5pm Sunday PST),we'll be
    dumping the old theft system entirely and replacing it with a few more specific methods of
    stealing(more like pickpocket). Now you no longer need worry about being able to make a
    living being a petty thief.

Of course, this does not grant you license to go around and rob everyone blind of their hard
    earned money. If you're planning on trying this, we hope you enjoy rustling in the wind as a
    leafy green shrubbery! The spirit of the guidelines is this: don't be a jerk. Those who do not
    respect the spirit of the guidelines can expect severe consequences.

So without further ado, we give you BANKROB! HELP MODIFIED THEFT for more details!

Penned by Peak's hand on the 4th of Valnuary, in the year 605 AF.

@Antidas

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    @Peak: You should've changed more of the 3700 post. xD 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

•  

Veldrin said:
    I hope the garden is gonna be extremely strict on the 'don't be a jerk'. Achaeans have proven themselves to abuse the hell out of whatever tiny little thing they get and this won't be any different.

You can be pretty thin skinned when it comes to player interaction. Give it a chance.

If they gave points for snubbing people, you'd have no doubt crushed the opposition in the Y600 games.

Blessed be the gods that removed snub and the pk rules.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • I'm surprised nobody posted the simplified rules here yet.
  • Regarding "Treacherous Planes" --- are UW and Annwyn actually separate planes? I hadn't thought they were.
  • They are.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I am super happy with this. I've always hated how strict and rigid the previous PK laws are, and how people would use them to PK lawyer their way around.

Also it means I won't get issued upon for sinking ships or attacking first when boarding a hostile ship.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Really like the direction this is going.

Could we get Nirvana/Inferno/Chaos plane added to the trecharous planes list incidentally? Could make dealing with undesirable elements of the respective classes easier when they do show up, although in those situations there'd likely be rp justification regardless.

• Xenomorph said:

Veldrin said:

You can be pretty thin skinned when it comes to player interaction. Give it a chance.

If they gave points for snubbing people, you'd have no doubt crushed the opposition in the Y600 games.

Blessed be the gods that removed snub and the pk rules.

Erh, I barely had anyone snubbed?
    It was people who either constantly attacked me on the forums or otherwise proved they weren't the kind of people I'd want to have any interaction with.

And if I had a dime for every chance I'd given and that someone had consequently blown I'd be richer than Scrooge McDuck. I'm done giving chances. People can't be trusted before they've proven themselves, that's what the Achaean playerbase have taught me.

• As long as any abuse is stamped down HARD this should be a hell lot of fun.

• I think I share the feeling of those that are optimistic and those that are concerned. I like the idea of the fact that I can attack or be attacked for valid RP reasons with out "cause" because I know that I have had conversation were people were engaging me with deep RP saying you don't have cause!!! and I would say no but I have a pretty good reason.

As long as it stays based on justifiable personal reasons, and not org based I think it will be good. Especially if it removes cause farming which I don't even know if it's been a problem of late.

The only thing I am curious on now is the bounty on Marks heads, do you actually get say a reward/gold/something for killing a mark now ?

• I like the potential of this. Hopefully trusting people to be mature will result in people being mature (and possibly a new hedgerow the the Garden, if not).
  • Honestly, I think this is a terrible idea.  Sure, I'd like it if the PK rules were simpler, but I can foresee all kinds of ass-hattery arising as a result of this change.  I hope I'm just being too pessimistic.
  • Spraeth said:
    Honestly, I think this is a terrible idea.  Sure, I'd like it if the PK rules were simpler, but I can foresee all kinds of ass-hattery arising as a result of this change.  I hope I'm just being too pessimistic.
    I can see it to, but I don't see anyone being attacked for doing nothing. If someone is going to seek me out to kill me, I would imagine it is because of something I had done, not something my city, order or crazy uncle from Creville had done. Which leads me to think, I if I am a jackwagon to a bunch of people for no reason, logic would tell me that those folks mine not like it and do something back.

I am just happy the retaliation thing was addressed as well, you or I died it's over find a new reason.
  • I like it. I've always been fine with people killing me for RP reasons anyway, and I've never once had anyone be a total jerk about it even though all of my in game enemies know that I don't issue over that sort of thing. In other words, there may be a few dopes that try to abuse this, but the majority of players will, I think, be responsible.