To those from Midkemia

Hello, on Sept 9th 2016, Midkemiaonline will be closing its doors. What this means is several iron realm games may find several new faces trickling slowly as things begin to wind down. Several players have stated their interest in coming to Achaea because they are interested in the immersive roleplay, the combat, meeting new people and essentially a new start. It can be very difficult being the new guy, especially if you have been so used to things for years. Some of us are going to be intimidated approaching the established players here while others will be jumping right into the fray. If anyone from Midkemia happens to read this, I wanted to let you know that I will be hopping between here and the other major games, (Lusternia, Aetolia, and Imperian) as Jarnul(or variations) to try and make contact to see how you all are doing. I know a few of you have already started your journey ahead of us and I guess I just wanted to keep in touch. While this is still going on, I will still be in MKO for the time being working to save a few things for nostalgia purposes. Goodbye my fam.

Until we meet again,
Jarrul of Sar-Sargoth

Comments

• And to all the MKO players who are losing their home: I'm heartbroken for you, and I know it's probably super sucky and awful, but WE'RE REALLY GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE. COME PLAY WITH US! (More specifically: me) <3

• To steal the above people's glory...

MKO retirees,
    A lot of us in Achaea are more than happy to answer any questions you have, so feel free to contact (at the least) me if you do want some answers. IRE has it's own feel within each community, and I welcome any of you who wish to join us with open arms. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Final Roleplay event is scheduled for 9/4/2016 at 10 est. For those interested. Take care for now.
  • edited September 2016
    Yeah, all of us Achaeans would be glad to help any of you with anything you need! :)

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Update: It will Sept 3rd 2016 at 10 est. A poll has determined Saturday is a lot easier for players.
  • The event was a success, thanks to those that came to participate. I wish you all the best. This is Good Bye.
  • welcome to Achaea those who have come on over. If you need any help from an old midkemian, poke me and I'll look after you a bit. MKO has a special place in my heart.. for reasons. 

• I always liked Feist's books, though I never played MKO.

Just thought I'd say that here.

(Also, has anybody in MKO ever managed to successfully bash Tomas?)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited September 2016
    Sarathai said:
    I don't know about bashing Tomas, but I pickpocketed him once. B)

I was Yamani in Midkemia, Baroness of Krondor and head of newcomers in the Mockers. I'm having fun in Achaea making a fresh start with a new character. There's so much going on here all the time. It's quite different after playing a smaller game for so long.

At the moment I'm working on bashing to level 80 so I won't have to eat or sleep again. (Yay for that being possible without an artefact here!) I absolutely love to RP, whether short form like is common here or long form scenes like I did more of in MKO. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some juicy storylines!
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • Welcome, you guys! We're so glad to have you!!
  • I played MKO very briefly, I don't think I even got out of the newbie levels.

So... why did it end ? Cost too high vs. revenue too low ?
  • Korben said:
    I played MKO very briefly, I don't think I even got out of the newbie levels.

So... why did it end ? Cost too high vs. revenue too low ?
    Yeah, exactly that. Cost of the license fee to use Feist's intellectual property vs. MKO's low income meant the game was losing money.
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • Melaina said:
    Sarathai said:
    I don't know about bashing Tomas, but I pickpocketed him once. B)

I was Yamani in Midkemia, Baroness of Krondor and head of newcomers in the Mockers. I'm having fun in Achaea making a fresh start with a new character. There's so much going on here all the time. It's quite different after playing a smaller game for so long.

At the moment I'm working on bashing to level 80 so I won't have to eat or sleep again. (Yay for that being possible without an artefact here!) I absolutely love to RP, whether short form like is common here or long form scenes like I did more of in MKO. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some juicy storylines!
    I was Holem in MKO, yea I know I lack imagination.

I pickpocketed Tomas once or twice.... :3

Never seen anyone try to bash him, kinder hard to do in MKO with how the guards worked.

I was the Nightmaster in the Mockers and trained many a young rogue down the path of swift fingers and greedy minds!

Yamani suggested Achaea and I have been enjoying it quite a bit so far.
  • Achaea seems like a magnet for Mockers. We're really glad to have all you MKO folks. The few I've already run into have been great. I look forward to running into many more! Welcome to the flagship.
  • With the closing of Midkemia, I want to thank all the admins and the players that made Midkemia special. I also want to thank @Sarapis for giving us that extra hour to just fool around once more. Anyone that is interested in the log of the game's final hours send me a message and I can share it. I hope that one day we can all meet again. Until then, be safe Mkoers.

Jarrul of Midkemia signing out.
  • It was a melancholy kind of day.
  • Sarapis said:
    It was a melancholy kind of day.
    I'm sorry :(

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarapis said:
    It was a whiskey kind of day.
    FTFY.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Sarapis said:
    It was a melancholy kind of day.
    I never played MKO, spent time in Achaea in its beginnings. Moved to Imperian for a while, then Aetolia and finally back my original home here in Achaea. I couldn't imagine any of the games I got wrapped up in closing. I'd be interested in hearing how you felt about, being the master mind behind IRE and all. It had to be really emotional.
  • Anyone from MKO kicking around on here?
  • Several, actually.

Got some questions or concerns?
  • Yo @Ameroth !

Roma here as Roatt, not quite so active but still plugging away at stuff now and then.