Glooooooobes

Comments

• edited November 2016
    And not a fuckin quisaliscloaklining in sight. :(

Actually.  Only 1 friggin cloak piece out of that.  That's absurd.
  • Bought 10 globes from Torinn at 35 per.  (was upset and liek "fukkkk"

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an artefact discount voucher!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2565 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 20 credits!
    You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 765 gold sovereigns, a group of 23 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden box of parts.
    You have been awarded with a Mayan Crown!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2925 gold sovereigns, a group of 25 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 artefact upgrade credits!
    (Please see ANNOUNCE #4363 for more information on using these upgrade credits.)
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1935 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4365 gold sovereigns, a group of 14 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4005 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 12 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3960 gold sovereigns, a group of 20 sileris berries, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 13 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3870 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 sileris berries, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 14 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1530 gold sovereigns, a group of 30 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an Epicurean Sash!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 540 gold sovereigns, a group of 29 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.

You have been awarded with the clothing of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the torso of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

Really good haul.  A+ at having 5000 sashes.

• Opened 50 more globes. 17 caches: @Frederich - not one quisaliscloak piece #feelsbadman.
  • Opened 50 globes. Still working out exactly how much I made, though getting Ogre's gauntlets (to tradein) helps a bit. Here's what the quiver looks like for anyone interested:

an Underrealm quiver

Imbued with Tsol'teth magick, an Underrealm quiver hovers an inch above the ground.

Deflecting all light, this quiver is crafted from a dark, exotic leather not harvested in Tezlari-tarin and likely stemming from an unfortunate, alien creature. Ancient Tsol'teth glyphs tattoo across the repurposed skin, imbuing it with ethereal energy that writhes outwards from the ink over the impeccable surface. Allowing the spacious holder to be secured over one shoulder is a single ebon strap upon which the word "hailqas" is carved.

• Now selling globes.  100% of my sales have had Epicurian Sashes in them!  Get your sash before they run out!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited November 2016
    I know this has been said before, but it feels like dummy pieces have way too high a chance of dropping in the marks caches.

You have been awarded with the hair of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the chain of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the body of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the legs of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clothing of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the arms of an Atlania dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the head of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the iris of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the inner shell of a silver armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of ribbon from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the head of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

ivoryspyglasspieces
        1 the eye piece of a Sangrean spyglass   1     Marks      ivoryspyglasseyepiec
          ivorypennonpieces
        1 a piece of ribbon from an Ivory pennon 1     Marks      ivorypennonribbon
          ivoryarmbandpieces
        1 the inner shell of a silver armband    1     Marks      ivoryarmbandouter
          ivoryatlantiapieces
        4 the body of an Atlantia dummy          1     Marks      ivoryatlantiabody
        2 the arms of an Atlania dummy           1     Marks      ivoryatlantiaarms
        3 the legs of an Atlantia dummy          1     Marks      ivoryatlantialegs
          quisalismedallionpieces
        1 the chain of a Callibian medallion     1     Marks      quisalismedallioncha
          quisalislookingglasspieces
        1 the iris of the Grandmaster's looking  1     Marks      quisalisglassiris
          quisalisderillinpieces
        4 the hair of a Derillin dummy           1     Marks      quisalisderillinhair
        1 the clothing of a Derillin dummy       1     Marks      quisalisderillinclot
        3 the torso of a Derillin dummy          1     Marks      quisalisderillintors
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (75% shown)]
    H: 4900 (100%), M: 3920 (96%) 17400w, 22924e 14.5% ex|cdbk- 15:05:16.969more
    [File continued via MORE]
        2 the head of a Derillin dummy           1     Marks      quisalisderillinhead

@makarios @nicola any chance this could be looked at guys? I mean, I know we're 21 days into the month, but 10 caches, 24 pieces, 19 of 24 pieces all dummy pieces. Seems a bit...wonky and what a lot of people are experiencing.
  • Lol. Globes are already worth like 3x the amount of credits you could buy with the same money. Dummy pieces are supposed to be common. Redeem them.
  • Another 50 globes.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/AQwpzHcd (Globes themself)

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/qzHG3dus (17 caches)

543(ish) credits unbound
    4 crates (5cr)
    2 Mayan Crowns (40crish)
    3 box of parts  (5 cr)
    2 quivers (100 each.  redeems for 66)
    1 hourglass (???)
    1 gattan'bahar figurine (25ish)
    1 ogre gauntlets (500cr)
    1 trade skill slot (50cr)

1365 cr, without caches.

Caches opened up pretty damn well, to be frank.
  • Hourglass trades in for 16 credits, if I recall correctly. Or you can use it to time off X minutes in-game (basically, trade it in).
  • edited November 2016
    Opened 15 more.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/DrBZ-mlx

2 caches

[spoiler]As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with the bottom fragment of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clothing of a Derillin dummy talisman piece![/spoiler]

95cr
    Band of tenacity (850cr)
    2 Crates (10cr)
    1 Box (5cr)
    1 Mayan Crown (40cr)
    2 Caches (see above)
    1 Discount Voucher (25cr)
    1 Artefact Upgrade voucher (30cr)
    33 sips of lucky (???)

• Another 30.  Rip me this time.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/kt7QeIou

Caches: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/JPSKeGyu  (275cr in redeem)

268cr unbound
    6 caches (275cr total)
    1 crate (5cr)
    2 boxes (10cr)
    2 mayan crowns (80cr)
    5 groups of lucky sip (60 sips???)
    2 tradeskill slots (100 cr worth)
    2 figurines (50cr ish)
    1 Artie upgrade (30)
    1 artie voucher (25)

843(ish) cr of worth if I can sell everything.

Paid 1000cr.  7/10.  Would do again.
  • edited November 2016
    I know it's near the end of the month...but jesus if these crates arent the most annoying things to get...

The heck am I suppose to do with 5 shrikes and 3 rock cavies...

Yes I know I can trade them in, but the thought of getting them as a 'prize' is annoying.
  • 15 globes:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/J_f3PbHY
    30cr per.

129cr
    13 Lucky Sips
    2 Crates (10cr) 
    1 30cr Upgrade
    1 tradeskill slot (bugged, will be a cache eventually (tm))
    5 caches (soon to be 6)

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6aK9mcEf  Caches

Finally got that stupid ass lining.
  • I'll be sad to see these go, honestly, but I am REALLY FREAKING CURIOUS to see what's planned for December. The question is... can it top the raw credit value I made from the globes? I really doubt it.
  • December usually brings the Stockings.
  • A bump.

April Globes!
  • I got my first check today, figured I'd get myself a little treat to celebrate. 15 globes, tidied up at the end.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 15 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 19 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 25 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an unusual hourglass!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 17 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a talisman cache!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 12 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden box of parts.
    You have been awarded with a Mayan Crown!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 18 credits!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a featureless ice figurine!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an artefact discount voucher!

You store 47 bloodroot leaf
    You store 40 rope
    You store 74 ginseng root
    You store 20 wood
    You store 130 lobelia seed
    You store 50 steel
    You store 30 cloth
    You store 34 sileris
    You store 10 coal
    You have stored everything in your rift that you are able.

Riftables:
       goldenseal299804    a group of 47 goldenseal roots
    You have 31590 gold.

You have been awarded with The tendrils for a tumbleweed talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The roots for a tumbleweed talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The special ingredient for a disgusting biscuit 

I was trying to open the last cache when Achaea went kaput.

• Barely finishes with races and got these. Collecting becoming harder.

Very curious about that musicbox
  • Normally I like globes, so I bought 15.

7 of them were wooden crates (tulips). At least I am not tempted anymore.
  • 5 and I got:

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2790 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 24 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of
    gold.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 16 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3780 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 25 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of  
    gold.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 13 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2520 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 11 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    gold.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 18 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3825 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 17 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    gold.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a featureless ice figurine!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3870 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 14 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    gold.

Crap.
  • edited April 2017
    Another 5;

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free trait reset!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3375 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 26 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 289935 
    gold.

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4455 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 32 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 294390 
    gold.

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3150 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 33 sileris berries, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 297540 
    gold.

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3645 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 11 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 301185 
    gold.

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 450 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 20 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 301635 
    gold.

Okay after 15 I did get 4 caches. Which is really what we are after..
  • Thought about buying some of those lessons so I could pick up Magi or Jester to fuck around with.

Looked at prices and felt iffy. Did some math, said fuck that bullshit. Soooo not worth.

• I've stopped buying globes/spins/giftbags/etc.

Those fucking pet crates basically ruin them for me. Minipets are entirely useless, so the market for them is already pretty fucking tiny. And mounts are also largely useless to established players because one mount is basically just as good as another mount once you've got a collared legendary. And also the market for them is always completely flooded because they're super fucking common 'rewards', so they're not particularly useful as vanity items because nobody is ever impressed if you show one off.

They're a miserable low value prize that makes the promotions they're in feel shitty, even if the value of the promo ends up being good.

• edited April 2017
    Damn. Globes brutal this time around. It always seems to feel this way until they realize they should make them more fun. Last time we got a cache or crown(?) added to crate wins as well as other little tweaks.

If i may suggest:
    - add to the less desirable rewards (trade slots. Really?) an addition reward drawn from a pool of possibilities. The possibilities would be: cache, more credits, phial of shimmering ink, group of nuts and other small likeable items.

Let's get something straight here. The market for minipets is very small and most do not want them unless you are Kayeil. Trade skill slots...if we really wanted trades we would get the ourselves, truly. And finally...the obsession with racetack tickets. From an in-game purchase concept from the wheel, I can understand, but someone throwing cash at a promotion to be rewarded with tickets....yeah no thank you.

Yes this is "gambling" to those of you out there getting fired up to type that, but unless the rewards are guaranteed to be more appealing, then people will simply choose to not partake.
  • Just to clarify some things:

- These are the post buffed globe payouts from last promotion (in terms of value and with fewer minipets).

- Racetrack tickets always come with a talisman cache.

- Minipets rate of appearance is 6% this round, down from 15 (I checked to be sure, looks like some people did get extremely unlucky).

- Caches bonus rate of appearance is up from last time ("bonus rate" refers to the times you get a cache along with another prize such as credits).

Not likely we'll increase the value, they're already very good on average.

• Good to know!

I'll be sure to grab a few
  • Maybe if a person has grimoire replace trait reset with something else? The value could be good on average, but there are things that are more "wanted", and things that are just tradein-worth. Maybe I expected more excitement this round, I don't know. Personally I am after the caches and I think many do too.
  • Defeats the purpose of them being random if pieces of the randomness are ruled out because you have x or y.
  • @Makarios  in the event you need more input for future planning. (Because goodness knows, we Achaeans do not share our thoughts enough!)...

While I will sometimes buy a few globes or spins they aren't my "big buy." I can almost never resist the 30% bonus on credits, and I'll buy credits in bulk when I get that stacked 40% bonus.

I did buy a boatload of stockings - and I am still happy I did that. My first year being around where stockings were a thing. And I'm fairly sure I'll do that again if it is available again. 

But I'm still waiting on the discount to come back around to blow a wad.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Agreed with @Makarios, value is acceptable, even if both sets the caches drop have default 10cr redeem on their pieces.