Lag and DC's

Oh I totally hate seeing lag spikes and random disconnects at times. It happens more frequently lately than before.

Is there anything we could do to help lower down the stress on the servers? Perhaps the wolves can be traded in? I am not sure...

Comments

• Just DC'd myself.
  • Ahah it's not just me.  :'(
     <3 
  • Frederich said:
    Just DC'd myself.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Time to canc SS !!

• Caelan said:
    Time to canc SS !!
    Piss right on off with that, brother <3

• We've not had any noticeable lag or disconnects in the last 24 hours, so this might be related to weather or other goings on along the routing between you and the servers. (I've been connected via Nexus client without interruption for the last three days, the last interruption I had was Windows demanding a restart.)
  • Been connecting fine the last few days, maybe an average amount of ISP lag but no disconnects.

Come on guys, haven't you heard we're still driving horse drawn carriages out here in Montana and you're the one disconnecting? This is just silly
  • I've experienced a similar trend. ISP even replaced my router. No changes until a Windows 10 update installed itself.
    The thing is, Win10 uses a hidden P2P process to download and share its updates, and I think that while this is open in the background, local networks find themselves clogged and or throttled.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2017
    The missing disclaimer from the previous post: outright disabling automatic updates is a terrible idea unless you are diligent enough to actually keep your system up to date.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    The missing disclaimer from the previous post: outright disabling automatic updates is a terrible idea unless you are diligent enough to actually keep your system up to date.
    So is leaving it on when Windows is rolling out stuff like ads in file explorer, grumble.