Let mining lodes spawn throughout the entire day.

So I've recently been attempting to check out Achaea's mining system since I heard it could be lucrative. However, I run into a small problem.

I was told that most of the good, rare lodes only spawn at around 6PM GMT, which is 2AM in my time (you can guess where I'm from now! lol). Whenever I'm awake, prospecting never shows up any good lodes, just tiny/small iron lodes that nobody wants. So I suspect this 6PM GMT thing to be true-ish, although some people also think mine lodes spawn randomly.

I'd like to suggest lode spawns to be spread out as evenly as possible over the course of a day. This will give everyone a fairer chance to find rare lodes, instead of having to wake up late in the night.

Comments

• What you were told is not true at all.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Cooper said:
    What you were told is not true at all.
  • Cooper said:
    What you were told is not true at all.
    Oh right ok, thanks for verifying that then sry
  • From what I've observed, they don't necessarily pop up around a certain time (1800 GMT or whatever), but it is possible to predict, roughly, when a certain lode would spawn again. That's one of the reasons why valuable lodes like stone get snapped up really quickly, and often by the same people. Just have to be lucky in the prospecting time!
     <3 
  • That's not really true either.

The people who get "valuable" lodes often is because we spend a lot of time prospecting (I spent probably 45 minutes per day doing it minimum).

• edited March 2017
    Hmm, there must still be a factor of knowing when to prospect. I prospect all stronghold areas (except Fissure) four to six times a day and still manage to get mostly only small rawstones and coal galore.

edit: I got a small carbon recently, so yay!
     <3 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    In fairness, the reason it's so hard to get good lodes these days is because there's just far too many miners fighting over too few lodes. But there's already too many commodities not being used, so you can't really expand how many lodes/commodities spawn in without giving more things to use commodities -on- that eat them entirely. It's been consistently worked out but there's still several without much use, and thus a low price.

Just the nature of things for the time being.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I just want stone for my house :(
     <3 
  • Yo, I heard you like stone.
    Mathilda said:
    Hmm, there must still be a factor of knowing when to prospect.
    Yes, there is-- but it has nothing to do with the 24-hr clock.
  • Mathilda said:
    I just want stone for my house :(
    I can sell you enough comms (including wood) for 70 rooms in-subs, or 35 out. If you've got the credits or gold, hit me up!

• Also, the good miners get coordinated. So if you have say 5-8 miners who note when they prospect, you can have nearly daily sweeps collectively. If you notice, when a certain lode has spawned, those who got it tend to be from the same city.
  • Mhaldor isn't coordinated like that at all.

I hope you all get shrubbed for using Rangor's auto mining script.

• The jump from 'coordinated' to 'automated' is glorious.
     <3 
  • And accurate.

• You're welcome to issue whoever you think is perpetuating an injustice against you.
     <3 
  • I don't have time to issue all the people who mine. I do well enough myself anyway! 

• Here's an example from today, from someone using an auto prospecting script that had the wrong clan activated:

(Cabinetmakers of Achaea): X says, "LODE FOUND AT Nearing the desert's edge (307) in area the Mhojave Desert TYPE: small lode of iron ore.""

I'm 90% sure you can configure it to auto writelog too.

Yes, lots of people auto-writelog their prospect finds.

Seems kinda whatever to me. Going out and being first to build on a good lode is the important part, which isn't automated.
  • I agree with you, Krypton.

However, the admin do not.

Message #528        Sent by Anytus
    2016/6/04/14:09 Greetings. In regards to issue #76363 filed against you by x: Please read 
    HELP AUTOMATION. Something is classified as breaking the automation policies when you could walk 
    away from your computer and your character could go on doing the activity. It is not okay simply 
    because you were at the keyboard the entire time. This is a warning to not engage in such automation.

Note that I wasn't engaging in that type of automation (hence no punishment).

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Automation rulings still absolutely boggle my mind. That means fishing with scripts isn't okay, either. It also means that previous exceptions (having to have semi-frequent input to continue the actions, for instance, a fishing script that catches a single fish and you need to do an alias to start it up again) aren't acceptable either.

It's forever a weird line to walk.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    edited March 2017
    I feel like (emphasis on this being my personal feeling) the division is between whether your system completes the objective only once, versus over and over ad infinitum with zero additional input.

Like if the objective is catching fish, if each new catch starts with a manual cast, but triggers handle the jerking and reeling, that is fine. If you can walk away for 10 minutes and your system loops to catch you 10 fish in that time, that's a no-no.

If the objective is hunting, if each new kill starts with manual targetting, but triggers handle the attacking until it's dead, that is fine. If you can walk away for 3 minutes and your system loops to target and kill all five orcs in your room, that's a no-no.

If the objective is a logging a lode spawn, if you move through rooms one at a time manually, but triggers handle the PROSPECT and WRITELOG of results, that is fine. If you can walk away for 3 minutes and your system autowalks all possible lode spawn rooms to autolog you a full lode list, that's a no-no.
    Probably not autokilling everything in a room (they're all teaming you anyway), but everything in the same area (i.e., throwing area autowalker into it).
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Automation laws come into effect the moment you're doing something in achaea, while your physical presence is not at the key board, regardless of if that's teasing a line, writing a log, or whatever. As long as they are responsive to divine inquiry, there will not be a shrubbery. Outside that, you're gambling with your character. 
  • I automate everything about my hunting except the actual movement from room to room. It makes my life easier, and a task that is already extremely boring to me, less of a hassle. I don't see anything wrong with that.

No shame.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    See, threads like these are traps. The admin bait you with statements about "oh sure its fine as long as you don't leave", but Makarios is collecting all of your names to ban a thousand people people in what shall henceforth be known as the Great Shrubbing of 738 AF.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    See, threads like these are traps. The admin bait you with statements about "oh sure its fine as long as you don't leave", but Makarios is collecting all of your names to ban a thousand people people in what shall henceforth be known as the Great Shrubbing of 738 AF.
    i would love to see major event, 'the Great Shrubbing'.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2017
    Knight of Ni: We shall say "Ni" to you... if you do not appease us. 
    Arthur: Well what is it you want? 
    Knight of Ni: We want..... 

(pregnant pause) 

A SHRUBBERY!!!! 
    (dramatic minor chord) 
    Arthur: A *WHAT*? 
    Knights of Ni: Ni!  Ni!!  Ni!  Ni! 
    Arthur; No!  No!  Please, please, no more!  We will find you a shrubbery. 
    Knight of Ni: You must return here with a shrubbery... or else you will never pass through this wood...   alive. 
    Arthur: O Knights of Ni, you are just and fair, and we will return with a  shrubbery. 
    Knight of Ni: One that looks nice. 
    Arthur: Of course! 
    Knight of Ni: And not *too* expensive. 
    Arthur; Yes! 
    Knight of Ni: Noowwwww.... GO! 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."