Pay it forward :)

I keep seeing in a bunch of newbie threads (particularly those requesting trades of Lesson Packages for credits) how helpful and generous the people in this community can be. Even in-game, I've randomly had letters full of gold delivered to me, probably from some anonymous benefactor that saw me utterly confused in Newbie channel.

On behalf of all clueless newbies everywhere--thank you all. Thank you all so much. This community has been helpful in every single step of the way (transitioning to Mudlet, installing packages, working my way through the game system) and I am so happy to call myself a part of this group now.

To all my fellow noobs, remember the feeling you're getting right now. Pay it foward. Next time you see a clueless noob, be their hero. We all play a part in keeping this game thriving. 

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    When you're below a certain level and you die, your gold is returned to you automatically. That aside, I'm a big believer in the pay it forward model. When I give stuff to newbies and they ask how much I want, I always tell them to help someone else out instead of paying me.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Klendathu said:
    When you're below a certain level and you die, your gold is returned to you automatically. That aside, I'm a big believer in the pay it forward model. When I give stuff to newbies and they ask how much I want, I always tell them to help someone else out instead of paying me.
    I do the same! I always tell them when they are further along to reach out and help other novices when they are able.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I paid like 40 noobs 4 million gold for 400 mementoes. I am the embodiment of charity.
  • I usually help in whatever way I can if they're truly trying! I will not go out and do tasks for them or any of that. They'd learn nothing with me doing it all for them. However if someone has recently returned or is genuinely new and trying I will definitely help them out with plant curatives and refills for their vials and rift since I have harvesting and remedies. It's also the perfect opportunity to teach a novice about the rift/liquid rift!
  • Ditto. I was given an amazing gift, two gifts, when I was young, at least they seemed great to me - and I have always gifted in the same vein, and when asked told them "When you are able, pay it forward."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I just give them credits. I usually walk in and start beating their limbs. Then give them like 100 credits.