Blademaster Traits and Stats

Hi guys.

I'm a new player and I was wondering which Blademaster traits and stat set-up would be most advantageous for a mhun. I would like to get into combat eventually if I stick with the game, but at first, I am definitely gonna need to bash, obviously.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Stats: You have some benefit from STR, but it's generally recommended to go for a CON build. For Blademaster, you'll want all the extra tanking you can get.

Traits: +Con, Nimble as your first two main slots. I personally used Mind Warden for my third, though a case could be made for Expert Diagnoser if you wanted to go aff routes more often. After that, it's really up to you.

Which race did you take? I'd recommend a +1 Con race, or Human for the sip bonus.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2017
    Atalkez said:
    Stats: You have some benefit from STR, but it's generally recommended to go for a CON build. For Blademaster, you'll want all the extra tanking you can get.

Traits: +Con, Nimble as your first two main slots. I personally used Mind Warden for my third, though a case could be made for Expert Diagnoser if you wanted to go aff routes more often. After that, it's really up to you.

Which race did you take? I'd recommend a +1 Con race, or Human for the sip bonus.
    Mhun, so probably one of the worst for Blademaster haha. But I'm sort of married to the RP of it, at this point.

EDIT: What about Sawbones? Is that not useful? We do limb damage stuff, right?
  • Eladrian said:
    Atalkez said:
    Stats: You have some benefit from STR, but it's generally recommended to go for a CON build. For Blademaster, you'll want all the extra tanking you can get.

Mhun, so probably one of the worst for Blademaster haha. But I'm sort of married to the RP of it, at this point.

EDIT: What about Sawbones? Is that not useful? We do limb damage stuff, right?
    Calculating and keeping track of limb damage as a Blademaster depends on a lot of factors, or well a few, so the data we can get from Sawbones isn't really enough to properly use, so it's not worth it.

Like, limb damage depends on our band (if any) the maximum health of our opponents and our stances, there are however a few good scripts out there that can help with making counting these a lot easier.

Go for roleplay, over min/maxing stats, there's not a lot of Mhuns; they're pretty cool!

I'd also second everything Atalkez said, except for Expert Diagnoser, the extra tree balance can be really hurtful (14 to 19s with trans survival)

As someone who spends a fair amount of time going for locks, I'd say it's not really necessary, though with the way voidfist works, it can quite easily help out, though if you're going prep paths on occasion, it'll punish you way easier. I'd say it's not worth it overall.

Glad to see more Blademasters, welcome!
  • Nothing wrong with Mhun, really. All races are going to be pretty similar for the most part.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Thanks for the advice, both of you!