Furnishing Repair Idea

Okay, so we all know when furniture is placed in a city it eventually decays (unless made non-decay via request), and it spams up the city logs for several days before they finally disappear. I think furnishing would benefit from the ability to repair, just like in jewellery. It would still cost gold and commodities, but saves time from having to start over with every furniture set, and can help prevent spamming up the org logs if kept on top of.

As a side note, I think chests should be allowed in cabins again. I don't care about the other furniture, but this has been a good way to keep the cabin tidy with all of the equipment and tokens you can have on board.
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• There is a chest that can be placed in cabins, it is the slop chest gained via ship trades.
  • edited March 2017
    Slop chests are indeed very cool, but be aware that they do not "lock down" the way a chest created with furnishing does, or the way the capstan does, where the owner alone can pick it back up. Don't find out the hard way that anybody with access to your cabin can walk right off with your neat new chest! 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Slop chests do lock down as owner-only. No open/close perms, though.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited March 2017
    Slop chests can only be picked up by the owner, which makes them way more awesome.

Locks, though. If only. :(

Edit: Overall though I imagine the reason a repair doesn't exist might be similar to why it doesn't exist in forging. That's a completely random guess though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Aww. I just like the plain chests. If those can't be picked up, guess maybe I'll have to customise one eventually.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Nicola said:
    There is a chest that can be placed in cabins, it is the slop chest gained via ship trades.
    @Nicola -- @Meletus told me via tells after trying to place it that slop chests only work on deck, bow, or stern.  :/