Memorable quotes

Comments

• I think it's done on a case-by-case basis. Too much inside information on the inner workings of the game and you can't go back to being a player, as I understand it.
  • Sena said:
    I think it's done on a case-by-case basis. Too much inside information on the inner workings of the game and you can't go back to being a player, as I understand it.
    AKA RIP Tanris
  • edited March 2017
    Minifie said:
    Sena said:
    I think it's done on a case-by-case basis. Too much inside information on the inner workings of the game and you can't go back to being a player, as I understand it.
    AKA RIP Tanris
    I hear when Targossian children misbehave, their parents tell them that Tanris will come and get them in their sleep.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Minifie said:
    Sena said:
    AKA RIP Tanris
    I hear when Targossian children misbehave, their parents tell them that Tanris will come and get them in their sleep.
    Alas, most of our children go 'Hnnnng' at the thought of that. We have the most badass youths in the world.

• According to Sarapis, once you have seen the code behind the game, you are no longer allowed to play a mortal.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I'm pretty sure a few Gods have come back, though, so I think you can avoid crossing that threshold. I guess you learn the base God commands and can do your RP things, without a lot of knowledge on how the back-end really works.

I thought all IRE games ran on Rapture, though, so it's interesting to me that you can be a God in one but still play a mortal in another. I guess the games are written differently enough that knowing too much in one isn't a liability in another.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • There have definitely been people who were Gods/Celani that came back. You'll never hear them mention it, though (probably something to do with an NDA or shrubbing threat). If you had access to any real code you can't come back, though. So someone like Invictus couldn't go back to his/her character, but Deucalion (probably) could.

• Aerek said:
    I'm pretty sure a few Gods have come back, though, so I think you can avoid crossing that threshold. I guess you learn the base God commands and can do your RP things, without a lot of knowledge on how the back-end really works.

I thought all IRE games ran on Rapture, though, so it's interesting to me that you can be a God in one but still play a mortal in another. I guess the games are written differently enough that knowing too much in one isn't a liability in another.
    Anybody can read the Rapture manual. Just google for it, it's available to everybody.

The issue is due more to things like producer level level access to the command logs and that kind of thing, iirc.
  • Pretty sure the issue is that coders have access to exactly how every ability works, plus all the formulas for things like damage and limb damage, as well as the core systems that make everything run. That's a huge advantage.
  • Antonius said:
    Pretty sure the issue is that coders have access to exactly how every ability works, plus all the formulas for things like damage and limb damage, as well as the core systems that make everything run. That's a huge advantage.
    Yeah, this.  I mean.. that would be soooo nice to have, just on an informational level.  Nevermind the actual combat implications.  Plus access to knowing what every mortal does/doesn't do, blackmail potential (ie Caspian, Demeter), etc.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Anedhel said:

04:21:07.676 Xaden tells you, "I love you."

04:21:21.635 You tell Xaden, "I know."

He is Leia to my Han <3 

My first thought was actually Dean Winchester and Charlie Bradbury :/
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited March 2017
    I'm Dean in this scenario, right?!

ETA: Cos I fuckin' LOVE Charlie
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Crossing the tundra (road).
    The sky darkens with the onset of night. The Equilibrium Gem rests upon the ground, 
    gleaming with a fiery lustre.
    You see exits leading east and southwest.

gem438017           the Equilibrium Gem

(ex) {8250hp|7220mp|36800e|32120wp}{cdbk|} |()| 78.3%XP (13:52:49.349)bury gem
    Burying a divine relic would be a very bad idea.

Awww

• Skye said:
    Crossing the tundra (road).
    The sky darkens with the onset of night. The Equilibrium Gem rests upon the ground, 
    gleaming with a fiery lustre.
    You see exits leading east and southwest.

gem438017           the Equilibrium Gem

(ex) {8250hp|7220mp|36800e|32120wp}{cdbk|} |()| 78.3%XP (13:52:49.349)bury gem
    Burying a divine relic would be a very bad idea.

Awww
    wow... you not allowed to bur.. oh wait.... what happen if you fuse the relic into ground... sapience get the equilirbium gem? XD

who know... (or Lady Gaia anyway...)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • You lean over and slowly lick your Baalzadeen, savouring its unholy taint.

• The soul of Avianca says, "You're fucking dead. Why the fuck did you kill me? I was clearing Annwyn!"

:s 
  • Althena said:
    The soul of Avianca says, "You're fucking dead. Why the fuck did you kill me? I was clearing Annwyn!"

Er... Annwyn is open combat. Would've told her to shove it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Althena said:
    The soul of Avianca says, "You're fucking dead. Why the fuck did you kill me? I was clearing Annwyn!"

Er... Annwyn is open combat. Would've told her to shove it.

She's also mark. 
  • Althena said:

should told her 'I was clearing annwyn of adventurers too!' (aka open pk...)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2017
    Althena said:

Gives but can't take. You know someone's disliked when people from their own faction congratulate you via messages for killing her.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Lol wat

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited March 2017
    Unsurprising given how many times she tried hoist-devouring people that she thought was AFK, then summarily died... Only for her to hire on them.

I thought she got booted out of Targ, and tried joining Ashtan... Why did you guys let her back in, exactly?

Should just issue her for obscene language in public. It is against languagerules afterall :trollface:

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    She got excommed. I can't think of anyone else who got excommed and went on to join Targ again.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • edited March 2017
    Aodfionn said:
    She got excommed. I can't think of anyone else who got excommed and went on to join Targ again.
    Oi! @Aodfionn
    Aodfionn = level 81? Seattle?
    Althena = level 81. Seattle.

Coincidence?
    I think not!

MUD LAN!?! AFK Tavern?

• Ryzeth said:
    Unsurprising given how many times she tried hoist-devouring people that she thought was AFK, then summarily died... Only for her to hire on them.

I thought she got booted out of Targ, and tried joining Ashtan... Why did you guys let her back in, exactly?

Should just issue her for obscene language in public. It is against languagerules afterall :trollface:

I killed her with the hoist / devour for a contract back when I was Mark, when she got back from being AFK she went ballistic at me to the point she's only the second person I ever snubbed. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Althena said:
    Aodfionn said:
    Oi! @Aodfionn
    Aodfionn = level 81? Seattle?
    Althena = level 81. Seattle.

Coincidence?
    I think not!

MUD LAN!?! AFK Tavern?

Holy shit, I didn't know there were other Sea-town homies. Hell yeah, PM me!
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"