Memorable quotes

Comments

• Wicella said:
    The ship "Without Name" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.

Distressing images from the Sea of Terror of the Sefyric Ocean override your senses, depicting the final moments of Without Name as it sinks beneath the waves, crewless.

How poetic ^_^
    Yeah need to remember to upkeep now and then.

Willing to buy artie to perma upkeep if docked >>
  • Did someone say the end of creation?

RIP Babel

• Daeir said:
    NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

I had a feeling you'd be elated ^^
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'm a bit confused but very intrigued and quite sour I missed it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • And the ability to actually change the current narrative
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You can, you just have to go through all kinds of bureaucracy to do it now.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • You do? I don't...
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Maybe not your own personal nareative. I mean on the scale of the world.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • You know people just make stuff up and run with it. Get others on board and it turns into canon. Especially when awesome Divine get a whiff of it.
  • Crap, @Torinn found out how I run the Dwarven clan...
  • Caelan said:
    I hear Caspian was super-involved with the playerbase. yes/no?
    Lololololololol
  • Daeir said:
    Omor said:
    Possibility of divine conflict is 90% of the reason I started Achaea.
    It was so great in the earlier days. Like, pre-Targossas and before.

We had old Neraeos who was arguably one of the best godrole players in any MUD ever - who drove long, arching storylines of his own reckoning related to the Sea stuff, triton citystates, caspeid's scheming against each other, basically gave life to the ocean entirely on his own. Prophecy from denizens would drive storyline arcs and the like, so on.

Divines screaming at each other over shouts was a relatively common occurrence, as were the Orders scrambling to fill whatever interests those spats would cause. It wasn't like this all the time, but it was definitely there, compared to the past 1-2 years where we've not really had much of the Divine contestation stuff that really brought Achaea alive except rather tantalisingly during events like the sargassum plague and the Black Wave stuff.

I miss it. I really do. I get looked at with scorn for wanting to be spoonfed content when the entire Divine conflict stuff is the vast majority of the reason I started playing Achaea in the first place. It pains me to see the pantheon so relatively empty. Not having a Babel to your Deucalion sucks so bad, there's SO much potential for incredible shit there.

It'd also be great if I could join an Order with a Divine that doesn't either go inactive and cycle players or get killed.

There's plenty of involvement from certain gods. How many gods are actively involved at any given time has always varied, though. It's easy to say things used to be better, but unless you were in particular orders, I don't think it was much different. It does suck for the Babelites not having a god for so long.

Weren't you in an order with an active god and you quit it?

Also, @Deucalion is awesome. <3

@Sartan seems pretty cool too.
  • edited March 2017
    I think he means gods active and involved in each other's business. We are getting a family all gathered around the table at Christmas sharing strained small talk in itchy sweaters trying not to mention Lorielan's new boyfriend or how Aegis needs to lose some weight but really... really we just want to see some Jerry Springer shit.
  • Frederich said:
    @Tahquil

Deucalion's accidentally burned the turkey in the kitchen.
    Aurora's busy trying to fix the god damn logosmas tree lights (they just keep flickering out!)
    You know you saw Twilight come in, his car's still outside, but you're not sure where the fuck he is now.
    Aegis is getting a bit of a pot-belly since the divorce, and doesn't really want to control Pandora who's probably the one that set the oven to a higher temp than it was supposed to be.
    Lorielan's on her 4th or 5th boyfriend (and she swears that HE'S the one).  He probably kneels down and proposes and everyone's awkwardly looking away at the almost immediate "No."
    Prospero brought so many gifts for folks.  Namely the children.  Especially the children.  
    Sartan came in with his like 4 kids and they're all behaving properly, but if they step out of line he beats the shit out of them infront of everyone. It probably needs CPS called.
    Vastar and Neraeos are arguing on the back porch again over which is better, Aviation or Nautical stuff.  They have sweaters to match their views.
    Gaia & Artemis came in matching floral dresses and are probably that cool lesbian aunt you have that spoils the ever-living fuck out of you.
    Scarlatti is singing logosmas carols and inviting everyone to join in, only Phaestus does (and he's pretty fucking hammered).  It still sounds okay.
    Ourania came in with Twinkles as well.  You're not sure where she went either...
    I love that!

• Whocalion bestcalion
  • Fred that's so good
  • pls explain the concept of Whocalion to scrubs who were playing another IRE when it happened  :/
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    pls explain the concept of Whocalion to scrubs who were playing another IRE when it happened  :/
    Just the time period when we technically had a Deucalion, but he was legitimately almost never around and even when he was, didn't have much of a presence outside his order. We didn't get an actually active, visible Deucalion until just recently.

• Wait God's can come back? I thought once you were a God you couldn't play as an adventurer anymore.
  • Bade said:
    Wait God's can come back? I thought once you were a God you couldn't play as an adventurer anymore.
    You can't play the two at the same time, but since player character isn't retired, technically it can be resumed once the God retires.

• Siduri said:
    Bade said:
    Wait God's can come back? I thought once you were a God you couldn't play as an adventurer anymore.
    You can't play the two at the same time, but since player character isn't retired, technically it can be resumed once the God retires.
    Correct. Including Celani, but IC there is 0 links, and many years ago it was very frowned upon to share if you became a celani. Not sure how long ago that was though, just remember it was very hush hush.
  • Y'all complaining about Gods and it's just making me QW harder for people to gank.

RIP Babel please come back.