[Mudlet | MAC] Tab deselects window

Totally new to Mac.  For some reason, when I try to tab to complete a word, it will complete the word AND deselect my mudlet window.  This does not happen all the time.  Any tips to make it stahp?  :(

Best Answer

Answers

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    If youre holding Command, thatll happen. Its much like alt tab on windows.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    If youre holding Command, thatll happen. Its much like alt tab on windows.
    I'm not holding command, though.  To be more specific, it doesn't deselect my Mudlet window.  It takes the focus off my input line so that when I hit return, the input does not send.
    Ah, I think that's... command tab? Maybe? I forget the default binds. If youre not accidentally palming your modifier keys, dunno what to tell ya. Wish I could be more helpful!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thanks for trying!
  • Command tab is alt tab. If you're on a laptop with a touchpad, it can happen a lot. I have really wide palms, so when I do it on my macbook sometimes I'll see the mouse cursor twitch or something. It messes with me clicking on stuff sometimes too. I'll have to completely take my other hand off the laptop to keep it from messing it up lol.

My advice would be to pay attention to what both hands are doing next time. Outside of that, I don't know any shortcuts like that.

Ah, control tab is what I meant in the second post. My point still stands!
    Huh. Neat.