Combat Logs

Comments

• Makarios said:
    Avatar still has the mega resists, for people wondering!
    Without giving numbers, are they higher or lower than dragon + dragonarmour?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited March 2017
    EDIT2.0:

This was not the thread I meant to post this in. Continue with your logging.
  • Farrah said:
    Sometimes I don't die. :'(

My double gem survived classleads though. Sorry!
    Oh its on now.... i did NOT know that was a thing!!!
    Always wondered how you kept coming back
  • edited March 2017
    Not sure why that survived classleads lol. Taking out key targets is an important strategy and now you can just pay to negate that for a few rounds at least. Where is @Daeir with the pay to win rants?

• Yea, multiple gems is a baaaad idea, and a 10min cooldown is negligible in the grand scheme of things, especially when it comes to prolonged group combat. I would highly urge @Makarios to reconsider the stance on this mechanic
  • So... two hour cooldown on each level two gem, ten minute cooldown on using a gem at all... 12 level two gems to be able to reincarnate/self-rezz once every 10 minutes...
  • edited March 2017
    If you were so inclined, yeah. F that

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    What happened between:

We'll make only one gem work per person. Naturally, we'll offer refunds to people who bought multiple gems

and the cooldown "solution" implemented instead, I wonder.
  • Dunn said:
    Not sure why that survived classleads lol. Taking out key targets is an important strategy and now you can just pay to negate that for a few rounds at least. Where is @Daeir with the pay to win rants?

Honestly, I wasn't opposed to the initial classlead decision at all (only one gem per person, refunds to those who had more). Was literally planning out how to spend my second gem refund. :(

I was surprised.

• A ten minute cooldown tends to constrain the reincarnation to once per melee. I'm mostly fine with that, and it gives us a mechanism to work with outside the standard cooldown. Raising that to 20/30/40 minutes etc becomes a trivial exercise to eliminate the issue: I prefer to start small with these kind of changes, as a general rule.

The likely resolution we'll go if the problem becomes overly pronounced (I'm not convinced it is at this point) is to just remove the resurrection aspect from gems. But we'll cross that bridge if it proves necessary.

As for what changed, nothing really. Decisions serve as a general placeholder for my inclination at the time. I often diverge quite a bit from that once I've had some thinking time.

• An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21233wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    This location is already shrouded in magical darkness.
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21261wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    With a prayer to the Malevolent One, bloodworms erupt from the earth and begin to spread out into 
    the surrounding rooms.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21211wx- 23.8%,cxkdb|b- Andraste  
    The doll of you (made by Andraste) no longer exists.
    You have been slain by Andraste.

.... Why was there no change in my health or mana or anything?
  • Vercio said:
    With a prayer to the Malevolent One, bloodworms erupt from the earth and begin to spread out into 
    the surrounding rooms.

Reckless. It's a fun trick when put into blackout. You also won't clot or see bleeding when it happens. So they put you under blackout and hidden confuse or reckless. Always spam diagnose and defense when you aren't in the same room as shaman.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Kythra said:
    Vercio said:
    the surrounding rooms.

Reckless. It's a fun trick when put into blackout. You also won't clot or see bleeding when it happens. So they put you under blackout and hidden confuse or reckless. Always spam diagnose and defense when you aren't in the same room as shaman.
    You don't even need blackout. Vodun afflictions don't give any message if the Vodun user is out of room when they use it

• edited March 2017
    I heartstop after blackout because I don't know how else to respond... They made a puppet of me and knocked me out cold... I thought it was love...
  • edited March 2017
    If shaman is out of the room (and you know they have a decently-fashioned doll), diagnose frequently. If diagnose isn't working, CONCENTRATE. If you get blacked out, diagnose. Don't keep trying to fight them. Also hold breath (don't remember if that stops throttle or not, from memory. P sure it does.)

Surprised whatever system you're using doesn't have a damage+recklessness check (at least for throttle)
  • SVOF lol 
  • edited March 2017
    Melodie said:
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    Don't do this. If they snuck confusion in the blackout, you'll be hit for a long EQ loss. I just assume confusion on blackout ending and focus, then you can safely diagnose (assuming you aren't being peppered by mental afflictions at the time, in which case alter strategy as appropriate for the scenario).

• edited March 2017
    Antidas said:
    Melodie said:
    Don't do this. If they snuck confusion in the blackout, you'll be hit for a long EQ loss. I just assume confusion on blackout ending and focus, then you can safely diagnose (assuming you aren't being peppered by mental afflictions at the time, in which case alter strategy as appropriate for the scenario).
    The better question is why don't you preempt your diagnose with concentrate? It's free to fail ;)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Shaman doesn't have a way of knocking off equilibrium that doesn't give a notification. The only ability they have that does this, Arius, is visible in blackout.
  • Atalkez said:
    Antidas said:
    Melodie said:
    The better question is why don't you preempt your diagnose with concentrate? It's free to fail ;)
    Because of what Amranu said, and also because concentrating won't cure confusion if you have it. Yeah it'll cure disrupt, and I usually do concentrate as well after blackout, before the focus - but that doesn't help stop having a super long diagnose EQ time if they did stick confusion!

• I think the "You cannot concentrate" message will fire regardless though, no?
  • PSA: if you get a memento pipe and only have artie pipes, please remember to keep a tinder on hand. Apparently serverside just caches the last used pipe for an herb so things like this happen...

[Nutmeg]: Softlocked!
    AFF| ASTHMA
    Focusing inward, you purge your body of afflictions.
    Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    That pipe isn't lit.

I fought in a few fights and kept getting locked super fast... then I saw why. 

Bonus songbird OP:

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: QUEUEALIAS
    You quickly prick Omor with your dirk. [Gecko + Kalmia]
    Striking like a snake, you prick Omor a second time with your dirk.
    With a characteristic Jaziran trill, Morthif sings a qasida of asceticism to 
    Omor.
    The songbird upon Morthif's shoulder perfectly mimics the recitation of an epic 
    tale of the heroism of Nicator to Omor.
    4661h, 5389m, 21470e, 24254w cekdb-

• Should start practicing your bird calls.
  • Generally, Bard OP. 
  • Dunn said:
    PSA: if you get a memento pipe and only have artie pipes, please remember to keep a tinder on hand. Apparently serverside just caches the last used pipe for an herb so things like this happen...

[Nutmeg]: Softlocked!
    AFF| ASTHMA
    Focusing inward, you purge your body of afflictions.
    Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    That pipe isn't lit.

I fought in a few fights and kept getting locked super fast... then I saw why. 

Bonus songbird OP:

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: QUEUEALIAS
    You quickly prick Omor with your dirk. [Gecko + Kalmia]
    Striking like a snake, you prick Omor a second time with your dirk.
    With a characteristic Jaziran trill, Morthif sings a qasida of asceticism to 
    Omor.
    The songbird upon Morthif's shoulder perfectly mimics the recitation of an epic 
    tale of the heroism of Nicator to Omor.
    4661h, 5389m, 21470e, 24254w cekdb-
    Got irrationally upset at the RNGesus on your side with that lock. :scream:
    But I was trolling the hell out of you so I might have deserved it. <3
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited March 2017
    Llesvelt said:
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Keorin.Processed Cures(weariness)

Might wanna fix that. Weariness isn't focusable anymore, and hasn't been for well over a year now. Automated logs so boring to read.