Forays and the Intrepid

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Accipiter It just looks like a regular wilderness exit, one that's not typically there. I've seen it as far as the Dardanics, check the outer perimeter of the Northreach as well.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Oh, so it is marked on the map? We thought we had to go through each room an manually check, hopefully have better luck tonight.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/hmubtZ7s

It didn't even give me a warning.  No one had been in that room (since Farrah was still in the pit) just..  DEAD.
  • Yeah. Do they have tells? It'd be great if they did. If they don't then.. that's silly
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The tell is the countdown timer on INTREPID...
  • That wasn't even the "END OF TIMER" kill.  That's the boulder.

This was just me walking into a room after it somehow triggered it's own "ACTIVATING CRUSH.EXE" with no tell whatsoever until I was already dead.
  • Yeah that's been my experience too. Random deaths with no warning or way to escape (and not the end of timer death)
  • edited March 2017
    It has nothing to do with the timer (we had plenty of time). There's a warning, which Frederich is aware of, but only if you were in the room to see the warning. He had just walked in, which is why he was lamenting about the bad timing and no warning.
  • I wonder if there can be something like "you hear a boulder crash to the northeast" or similar
  • Torinn said:
    I wonder if there can be something like "you hear a boulder crash to the northeast" or similar
    There is already that for the boulder, if that's what you mean.
  • Ictinus said:
    There's an aspect to the barrow that no-one has managed to figure out yet. That's all I'll say on the subject!

Or maybe that's just what cruel Divine want us to think as we walk into death traps over and over again for their amusement. :(

"You guys will figure it out! Just keep trying!"
  • Did Russell get locked away? No matter where I went, I couldn't walk to him.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Frederich said:
    @Ictinus

17:06:43.028 Farrah rips into Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood with her massive, deadly claws.

17:06:43.028 Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood has been slain by Farrah.

17:06:43.028 A purple heartwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An oaken vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A cedarwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A cedarwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A group of 25 meteor arrows tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An oaken vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A finely carved heartwood pot tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A flame-shaped sigil tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An elegant nacreous vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.

17:06:43.028 A huge pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

17:06:43.028 With the death of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood, the tomb grows still in the wake of your Intrepid victory. Your foray is complete!

17:06:43.028 [Rage]: +0.5. Total: 1.7

We did the thing.

On to the Margam!

• @Makarios

We will!

Also; is the boulder talisman a 1-time use or?
  • edited March 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/1YTnksBd

Being thrown from an attack, wherein you don't have balance until you insta-die is kinda bullshit.  NGL.

EDIT:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9j_3Y8IF

yeah.  That's just not fair. :(
  • I'm 99% sure the aran'kesh foray is bugged.

I don't want to give parts of it away, but the things do nothing to him!

• Okay 100% sure.

It followed me to Thera and Mhaldor and was attacking everyone I ran into :(

• edited March 2017
    This is sorted now. He was somewhat overzealous on following people who flee / run  from him / otherwise leave the area.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • "flee".

I'm sorry that dying to the insta kill that happened before the foray ended and then embracing death counted as fleeing :(

• Frederich said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/1YTnksBd

Being thrown from an attack, wherein you don't have balance until you insta-die is kinda bullshit.  NGL.

EDIT:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9j_3Y8IF

yeah.  That's just not fair. :(
    Easily avoidable though.
  • @Tahquil

It's literally unavoidable unless you have a boomerang and don't have mass up.

We get thrown when off-bal from an attack so...
  • edited March 2017
    I'll take a hit and admit being thrown is unavoidable. The 'insta-die' can be completely prevented though by utilising the very unique mechanic present in this particular foray. and a thing called 'communication'.
  • If your partner gets blocked off, because he's still in their room.  They can only move 1 room, and that's with a leap.

Being thrown whilst off-balance and then dying 1 second later is hillariously unfair, in-and-of-itself.  Especially considering they might be off bal too.

I'm pretty sure we're just missing something, but yet to figure out what.
  • Some boss fights you have to have somebody whose job is just to stay on balance and respond to situations. 

There were a few bosses like that in Imperian, up until we got the ability to just bullrush them.
  • Frederich said:
    If your partner gets blocked off, because he's still in their room.  They can only move 1 room, and that's with a leap.

Being thrown whilst off-balance and then dying 1 second later is hillariously unfair, in-and-of-itself.  Especially considering they might be off bal too.

I'm pretty sure we're just missing something, but yet to figure out what.

Clearly what you need is Jack Sparrow to show you the ropes.

Image result for jack sparrow railing

• I can't wait to see your complaints when you get to the next stage then!
  • Oh I already heard what the next stage fun-time is.  I'm already dreading it. :(