New Year Resolutions

Looking back on the last year of gameplay, there are a few things I wish Bluef had done or had done differently or hadn't done at all. What are you Achaean New Year's resolutions for 2013?

Comments

• Not fail.

Not quit.

That's about it, I think.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited December 2012
    Hmm. My Achaean New Year's resolution for 2013 is to stick with things, try not to get frustrated and to go for what I want instead of hanging back because I don't think I can do it.
  • Maybe Knighthood!
  • Ummmmm... don't have any really, because I don't know if I'll play still.
    meh

• Play chess more if anyone would be willing to play.

• Trilliana said:
    Ummmmm... don't have any really, because I don't know if I'll play still.
    My resolution is just to play from time to time, amid Important Life Things™.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2012
    In 2013 I want Bluef to do the following:
    1. Do more with the Tharosian Estates. Right now there is a nice outdoor subdivision with 7 residences there, but I could do more. And it really isn't all about the rental profit (I'll never make a fraction back of what I paid for this place), but more about giving back and creating something in the game that's unique. 
    2. Learn as many languages as I can. 
      I was on a language learning kick a couple years ago but then I gave it up because of the expense. Might as well learn them while we still can!
    3. Lock the kids who start drama and leave them in the wilderness. Spend more time with my IC kids.
      Bluef has quite a few children, but not many who are active. She doesn't spend nearly enough time playing mommy these days though and that's a shame because she loves family-related RP. Besides I'd really like to see her have grandkids before she's 300!
    4. Learn to gamble.
      Now that Poker is here, maybe I stand a chance of making some gold on the fly.
    5. Get along better with people.
      Bluef is not everyone's cup of tea, but that's partly my fault for being shy IRL, not trying harder to make friends in the Remnant and being brash at times and assuming everyone is out to be a jerk. 
  • I don't really do resolutions. Goals however are to get knighted, get better at combat, and reach dragon.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Improve/rewrite Xith's reflexes, now that I'm out of caveman-coder mode.
    - market my wielding and combo packages
    - create a shop stocking package, possibly market

Launch my Estates program fully

Finish and Launch my Mayhem mini-game (thanks to playtesters thus far)

Kick some out-of-arena ass as a jester (assuming certain fixes)
    - Then switch to Shaman/Magi. Still on the fence.

Get the GoM allied with Moghedu and make stuff happen, cap'n

Finish my class design and submit to the Garden (might be saving this for end of year so I can also shoot for Celani or help code it)
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • pay more attention and make a better effort when Sarapis in so many words says "be here at such and such time" so as not to miss another huge world event that I'd been following closely.
  • Goals fer me

- Don't get too sucked in during school/manage time effectively

- Find a couple different groups to RP with consistently

- Decide if combat is something I want to get into or not. Really on the fence.

• Um, try and get interested in playing again? I don't know why but for some reason there really isn't anything in Achaea for me any more, it's like I play it out of habit or something. Maybe I'll really get back into it once I save up enough for me new laptop...
  • • Reach Dragon.
    • Complete all the House studies (only three more to go out of the 48 or something) just for kicks.
    • Figure out how to make my jewellery license, you know, useful. (any ideas on this one, guys?)
    • Learn to actually sail.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited December 2012
    New year resolution:

1. Stop being lazy and re-write better macros and aliases.
    2. Stop getting affected by Achaea.
    3. Sail more and laugh at Kinilan about his shipless situation.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited December 2012
    1. Sink Shallam.
    2. Kill Pentharian.
    3. Become a Demigod.

Oh wait...
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Key goal: Stop being so hesitant about things in Achaea. I've a tendency to be worried/nervous about putting myself out there, and I really have to work on cutting that down. It's self-limiting and for no good reason!
  • My new years resolution is to continue pretending like Bluef being in/around *shallam is just a bad joke.

• You gonna get flagged boi.
  • Mine:

Stick to a class!

Attempt to not get bored and suddenly jump ship with Achaea again.The event brought me back, hope more awesomeness is to come.

Not lose my temper.

Be as adorable as ever.

Attempt to once again slay a god..It will happen one  day!
  • KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta
     Get back into designing so I can fill my shop with new clothes. Probably do more class themed items since they seem to do well. :)
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Mine is learning to sail. I have begun the learning, setting up reflexes, and should trans the skill soon. Deepsea fishing, islands, treasure diving...all things I want to at least experience once!

• Concentrate on Order stuff a lot more, make the pre-order and the order itself more dynamic and less of a dead order.. yes, I am aware that's also a terrible pun. 

Get Thoth unbanned from Cyrene.. as a Mhaldorian OH as just another level of 'awkward' in the whole thing! And both sides wanting an apology... 

dammnit.. maybe I should just go join the Sartai. 
  • Like for all the work you're willing to put in for your order. I know that feeling.
  • Oh and my Achaean resolution would be to stop spending all my Achaea time idling and writing Xorani myth, especially since I never feel it's perfect enough and never let anyone see it.
  • afk less and actually play the game

• Attempting to make Cain rage to the point of exploding.