Skipping Newbie Areas?

edited March 2017 in General Questions
Hello all. I recently created a new character and wanted to know if it was possible to skip the lengthy Newbie tasks and go directly to the game itself. As in, skipping all of the Newbie Areas and begin the game directly in the City of my choice upon Character Creation (in this case Eleusis for me).

Best Answer

Answers

• edited March 2017
    Nothing really forces you to complete any of the tasks as far as I am aware. You can also select Eleusis as your starting city. Though the fact that you don't seem to know this, if I'm understanding you correctly, makes me think you might have possibly selected a class that is prohibited from joining Eleusis so the option would not have appeared for you during character creation.

Some people chose to stay level 5 forever and never give up the use of portals. Since Eleusis is one of those cities that FORCES you to join a House whether you care about it or not, you should expect to be harassed about not being adequate level after a certain point. And leveling to 20 anywhere but the newbie area would be a significant challenge.

Edit: Or are you talking about the pygmy escape scenario you have to play out when you make a new character? There is no way to skip that, sadly. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    You used to be able to get to level 5 to level 23 by slaying one denizen, that you could very easily kill on your own at level 5. I wonder if it's still possible...
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    You used to be able to get to level 5 to level 23 by slaying one denizen, that you could very easily kill on your own at level 5. I wonder if it's still possible...
    Oh? Which one? 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I skipped them when I was younger. Accidentally. Now I feel bad everytime Siduri has to guide novices about these areas she's never visited. (Don't worry, I made an alt and remedied that a bit)