You Spend Too Much Time in Achaea When...

I'm a freelance writer. Today instead of writing:

Then you'll hear why it's okay to grieve in your own way, and benefits of that type of individualized grieving.

I wrote:

Then you'll hear why it's okay to grief in your own way, and benefits of that type of individualized griefing.

Oops.

Comments

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    You use -our instead of -or in almost every other application.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    When you're writing out pour or sour and question whether or not you should use the u.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Klendathu said:
    Amanu said:
    You use -our instead of -or in almost every other application.
    Because that is the correct way to spell, philistine :D
    Depends on where you live, ya country bumpkin. :P

• Who uses say? " is easier.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Mathilda said:
    Why even use " when you can avoid hitting shift and just go for the '.
    Well bury me in an ant hill and smear my face with jam, you learn something new everyday!
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Taryius said:
    Pre-facing all your skype messages with say

say Hey bud, how are you?

Don't know how many times I've apologised for that

This is how my family and friends know I've started  playing heavily again. :(  then come the lectures
     yes, sir.
  • ...you go to the lake with your son, end up running for your life from some cranky, overgrown geese, and think you are going to need administered oxygen after. 
  • Does anyone remember that time we had the exact thread on public? I tried looking for it but turned up blank and now I think it was all a delusion. Back in early 2000s or so.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    It begins with #7105.
  • I spend most of my work time in a windowsy environment but occasionally ssh to a solaris server to do stuff.   Sometimes I log in and forget what I'm there for, so I'll do "qw;bw;rm;rn;ql" then remember it's not Achaea.

• edited March 2017
    Telinus said:
    Who even uses ` when you can avoid touching your keyboard and just be AFK?

I've written a script to automate my unresponsive afkness.

^(\w+) tells you .+

send("")

• Lyrin said:
    Telinus said:
    Who even uses ` when you can avoid touching your keyboard and just be AFK?

I've written a script to automate my unresponsive afkness.

^(\w+) tells you .+

send("")

I am going to test this next time I see you online.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Krypton said:
    It begins with #7105.
    Man, these are still so relevant 17 years later. Thanks for that.
  • Lyrin said:

I spend most of my work time in a windowsy environment but occasionally ssh to a solaris server to do stuff.   Sometimes I log in and forget what I'm there for, so I'll do "qw;bw;rm;rn;ql" then remember it's not Achaea.

I mainly maintain RHEL systems, you know I've picked up achaea again when I log in and starting hitting keypad+5 instead of the usual "ls-for-no-reason". Keypad+5 being my achaea "look" keybind ...
  • i do 'say ...' on some instant messager app... awkward

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • I had a dream recently where I won a ticket to an Achaean concert/play in Portland, OR.  I went with a friend first, and then drug some relatives along to the second showing.  It involved a forestal character who became Mhaldorian (there was a ritual which involved snapping the neck of a beloved childhood toy made of wood.)  In the second showing, an audience member made a different "choice" (through like a little touchscreen by her chair) and the story went totally differently and ended earlier.  I was disappointed, because the first showing had cooler music.
  • You spend up big and publically in any consecutive promotions, then complain about being broke or having little money to survive on RL .. then spend up big on the promotion again  within the next fortnight.
  • Worked from home for a day last week, for the first while I kept replying to people prefacing everything with a '.

Then I was wondering why my code didn't compile, and realized I had replaced a bunch of ;'s with |s. Apparently queuing code doesn't work.
  • When you have to create user accounts in an active directory and the user has a surname of Hasan and you accidentally get through the entire account creation process and wind up with Hashan...3 times.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • When you type QW in WhatsApp. 
  • When you play achaea and look at the clock after a little while and realize it is after 4 am...two nights in a row.