Wheel February 2017

Comments

• Dochitha said:
    I really think the chocolates pouches and bound credits should be removed from the spins, just make me feel ripped off when those things pop up. I believe a lot feel the same too. I stopped spinning because of I don't want them anymore. Just what I feel, don't want to appear like I am whining.
    What's the issue with bound credits? You should be getting more than the cost of the spin in return, and if you don't want bound credits you can just buy another spin (assuming you can use bound credits this time).
  • Antonius said:
    Dochitha said:
    I really think the chocolates pouches and bound credits should be removed from the spins, just make me feel ripped off when those things pop up. I believe a lot feel the same too. I stopped spinning because of I don't want them anymore. Just what I feel, don't want to appear like I am whining.
    What's the issue with bound credits? You should be getting more than the cost of the spin in return, and if you don't want bound credits you can just buy another spin (assuming you can use bound credits this time).
    I got 24 artefact upgrade credits for a 25 credit spin.

Here, have some things that are like credits, but have restricted use, oh and there's less of them. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited March 2017
    I feel like artefact upgrade credits could use a tweak upward in amount if they're to remain on the wheel. I've hit them a bunch of times, to the tune that I've got 363 right now, but rather than encouraging me to bite the bullet and upgrade at a "discount", they're causing me to be stingy and save until I have enough to pay for one fully with them. The only reason I say so is that it's taking something relatively versatile (bound credits) and essentially forcing you to use them in a very specific way.

I'd almost prefer for them to scrap upgrade credits, remove the "discount" from the name of artefact vouchers, and allow vouchers to be used for both upgrades and new purchases.
    EDIT: or remove vouchers, remove the name "upgrade" from artefact credits and do the same thing there. No need for a physical item, just a numerical value. Plus, that way people won't forget to have them in their hands when they make purchases (@Skye)

• Antonius said:
    Dochitha said:
    No they are not. I am getting less than the cost of the spin. Like 9, 14, 18 etc. NVR more than 25. 
  • Are you taking into account that the spin took 25 bound credits when doing that math? I've spun before like... "I only got 2 credits, wtf?" followed by "Oh right 27."
  • i'll probably buy 20 tokens today (500 crs) and i'll list what I got precisely.
  • Dochitha said:
    Antonius said:
    Dochitha said:
    No they are not. I am getting less than the cost of the spin. Like 9, 14, 18 etc. NVR more than 25. 
    Those sound like unpaid spin amounts, so definitely doesn't sound right. I can see why you would feel cheated now. In the past bound credits on a paid spin was around 40...
  • I bought one spin and got 15cr, 3 nuts and a piece of shunsten. Hm.
  • edited March 2017
    paid for 5 spins

224 lessons
    4 racetrack tickets (x2)
    1 bound mayan crown
    1 weasal
    1 pipe (traded in for another spin)

Edit:

Got 12 from the racetrack.  Spun with that.

4 more racetrack tickets.

Plz no more racetrack tickets on the wheel.
  • Wow, that's just... wow. Sad.
  • @Magenta

I did just wake up.  The 12 tickets I got for the racetrack won me 12cr and 11cr.  This was with tickets spread out on a lot of shows on both.  I got kinda le screwed by RNG there but.

I should clarify, I suppose.  One of my spins shat out a prismatic token, which is basically just a "REDO!" with nothing else besides for it.  Which seems weird, and pretty lame.

However, I did get a shitton of racetrack tickets, and if they were above the amount of four i might have gotten something a bit better with the track but... yeah...
  • For 5 I got:

Racetrack tickets: 4
    bound credits: 22
    Supreme cache blackwave
    voucher (25 credits) x2

I admit...I was hoping for delicious lessons
  • Frederich said:
    @Magenta

I should clarify, I suppose.  One of my spins shat out a prismatic token, which is basically just a "REDO!" with nothing else besides for it.  Which seems weird, and pretty lame.

I support the idea to either remove prismatic token, or it comes with something, like bound+token, or chocolate+token, racetracks+token. Good idea Fred.
  • Spun wheel again.

Got 13 credits for my 25cr paid spin.

Something is seriously wrong with the wheel.  Calling @Makarios or @Nicola
  • Now it's a gamble! :P
  • 13cr is what you got from the free spins last month, though.  As is 2-4 racetrack tickets.  Paid spins last month also got you say... 10-20 racetrack tickets per so...
  • I want to discuss this but I think I'm a bit too emotional to discuss it critically, plus I'll probably bite someone's head off xD
  • edited March 2017
    I told ya, spin can get you bounds less than the cost of the spins. It's a punishment, but probably an oversight too. I don't know, but I have spun so many times to get less bounds back. So it's now a gamble, not something for fun like the previous month.
  • There was an announce post saying they were dulling down some of the wheel prizes basically but yeah to go from a guaranteed 10 racetrack tickets to 4 is a bit much I had around 360 at one point and that number could have been way more. Pretty sure I also gave away like 80 chocolate pouches to my ic kids. Such are the risks of gambling though can't always win big. I do however have 31k lessons! If I ever get big into having multiple classes at least I will have that. Which may be fun in the future.
  • Does anyone at all use minipet caches? Im honestly curious if we have such avid collectors out there that dont already have everything they need....
  • edited March 2017
    Skye said:
    There's a gamble within a gamble and then there's just plain torture. I've opened a lot of historical caches each time they showed up on the wheel. And I can tell you that they're not worth the 25cr or the 3 crowns. Trying to complete this obsidian disc has been a lesson in complete frustration, especially since a lot of the historical talismans require 6 parts and the bulk of the pieces you get are the pet pieces that nobody really wants.

And even more annoying is that three of those talismans (out of twelve), the hellcat (a whole cat!) and the polka-dotted turtle (a whole turtle!), and the mongoose (a whole mongoose!) appear in the pet collections. That means that almost 25% of those talisman pieces are effectively redundant, and even worse, appear most commonly. Why struggle piecing the pet together when you can get it pre-assembled in a different cache? 

Mind you, this isn't the first time I've complained about this. Even just removing the pet pieces entirely from the historical cache would be an improvement. 
    Agreed. Why put pets in talismans...
  • I just need 2 grimoire pieces and now I'm scared to spin my life away. Oh well, I came out with ~10k credits in plus from spinning and piece swapping, thanks @dochitha, @mindshell
  • @Minifie

I have the scrool
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Asmodron said:
    Does anyone at all use minipet caches? Im honestly curious if we have such avid collectors out there that dont already have everything they need....
    I own tons of pets (over 150 if you include the mounts), and I would say from the COLLECTIONS I am still missing quite a few, but only because I buy what I like as opposed to "gotta catch 'em all." I probably would buy them if someone was offering super cheap, but people will probably want their token back at 25cr per and I am not all that willing to gamble on minipets at that price that I may already have and are hard to get rid of.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Asmodron said:
    Does anyone at all use minipet caches? Im honestly curious if we have such avid collectors out there that dont already have everything they need....
    I own tons of pets (over 150 if you include the mounts), and I would say from the COLLECTIONS I am still missing quite a few, but only because I buy what I like as opposed to "gotta catch 'em all." I probably would buy them if someone was offering super cheap, but people will probably want their token back at 25cr per and I am not all that willing to gamble on minipets at that price that I may already have and are hard to get rid of.
    What do you do with all those pets o.o ?
  • grimoire gut! My kingdom for a grimoire gut! :D
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Asmodron said:
    Kayeil said:
    Asmodron said:
    What do you do with all those pets o.o ?
    I have a one room house somewhere with the stable upgrade so they're all there. All of the rare mounts that didn't come collared are still uncollared should I ever decide to sell someday. Unfortunately will never have that option with the minipets, though.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• *barcode scan*
    *beep*
    A majority of these crated pets aren't really worth anything

Martingale theory doesn't apply to small sample​ sizes either, so don't expect to break even with race tickets while staking large positions on consecutive low probability bets hoping for a huge payout.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Yep. I expect the Wheel to suddenly become vacant of people for now (until some change is made, or 500 cr are announced)