Freaking Aerek Yankee scum in Brisbane

@Aerek is going to be in Brisbane the 10th and 11th of March.

I'm not much of a tour guide or drinker which is probably what he needs. So I am inviting anyone who can make it to come out and have a drink with him.
Not sure which day we'll do it, probably Saturday the 11th of March but if more people can make it Friday we'll do that instead.

Spread the word, Tag all the appropriate people. He will most likely be devoured by the local fauna after this so it's kinda like a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Comments

• edited March 2017
  • Can probably do Friday, Saturday is fine.

Don't know many places tour-wise though, it'd depend what he wants to do.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I'll come along either day, no suggestions though.
  • Australia will kill him in 3 hours. Who's looking after the dead pool?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Australia will kill him in 3 hours. Who's looking after the dead pool?
    No idea, but dibs on whatever he's got in the way of liquor back home if he gets killed going down under.

• I am open to opening a Deadpool. Participants must nominate a kill method and time frame to be a part of it. If you want to bet on a death by animal you have to specify which type animal.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Tahquil

Five bucks on death by spider within six hours.

Double that on death by kangaroo throughout the duration of the trip.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Tahquil

Drop bear. In the airport.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Ahmet said:
    @Tahquil

Drop bear. In the airport.
    Pissed off air-hostess, on the tarmac.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ahmet said:
    @Tahquil

Dude. Be more specific than 'duration of the trip'. How the fuck am I suppose to enter that into the Deadpool?
  • Death by Snu snu.
  • Minifie said:
    Death by Snu snu.
    Oh, you guys are meetin' up?

• The Deadpool is now live.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    12 hours for the kangaroo.

Can also put me down for fifty bucks on being murdered by Tahquil before the end of the deadpool so she can keep the rest of the deadpool money.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Xaden said:
    Minifie said:
    Death by Snu snu.
    Oh, you guys are meetin' up?
    *Meating
  • Can we get his full itinerary? Need to know when he's most vulnerable/likely to die!
  • Errr.... his itinerary is entirely up to him to post!
  • Also since none of you bastards seem to be able to put timeframe and monetary value the deadpool has just been cut down to method. This method should cover the whole trip.
  • Local for insulting accent.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Trey said:
    Xaden said:
    Australia will kill him in 3 hours. Who's looking after the dead pool?
    No idea, but dibs on whatever he's got in the way of liquor back home if he gets killed going down under.
    Joke's on you, after two months of reactor physics and radiological hygiene coursework, my completely normal and healthy coping mechanisms have left my liquor rack sad and barren. 

I'll be stopping briefly in Sydney, then starting in Gladstone and touring down the coast to Brisbane. Hikes in the bush are a possibility, which increases the likelihood of encountering local wildlife, but I also picked up my int'l driver's permit, so I'm at least as much of a danger to myself as anything else given Australians' insistence to driving on the wrong side of the road. I also fear barfights after saying the wrong thing about 1) the Queen, 2) Steve Irwin, 3) how I've heard American rednecks enunciate with more clarity.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Local, after being misinformed that standard Straya greeting for strangers is, "Sup, cunt." within three hours of disembark.

If that doesn't get him, a Huntsman will within about 12 hours of disembark. Probably either on the toilet or riding in someone's car.

• Kresslack said:
    Local, after being misinformed that standard Straya greeting for strangers is, "Sup, cunt." within three hours of disembark.

If that doesn't get him, a Huntsman will within about 12 hours of disembark. Probably either on the toilet or riding in someone's car.

First part is true tho.

Huntsman spiders also aren't really dangerous to humans. They just wanna be your friend and chill in your house, mostly.
  • edited March 2017
    Aerek said:
    ...I also fear barfights after saying the wrong thing about 1) the Queen, 2) Steve Irwin, 3) how I've heard American rednecks enunciate with more clarity.

1 & 2)   Suggesting Australians care at all by discussing the Queen or Steve Irwin will likely start a fight.    What you actually say won't matter.

3)   "American rednecks" is tautological.     Just the first word is enough when outside the US.

List of safe topics that won't start bar fights:

• He will drown while testing whether their toilets really do go backward

• Caelan said:
    He will drown while testing whether their toilets really do go backward
    Today I showed my students a video clip about sound waves produced in Australia and I made sure to "remind" them that in Australia, all the sound waves would be upside down compared to American sound waves. *sagenod*
  • I had the opportunity to go to Austrailia, then I googled the wildlife and noped my way right out of that one.
  • I just recently saw a map of the world-wide webs digital footprint on the planet in class. I thought why is Australia only lit up on the edge of the southeastern border. 

-google- Oh because it's mostly a barren wasteland.

Image result for the more you know small

(I'm sure it has swag though)

• Aww, It would have been good to see you again.  We could have relived our Orlando Escapades, but I'll be in Melbourne for Cisco Live that week and the weekend.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • five dollarydoos for the trip between Gladstone and Brissie, ah la Wolf Creek style. Also I am still a 50/50 chance for either of those days