Wheel February 2017

Comments

• Yeah was never a fan of the wheel and still am not.

Globes or bust baby
  • You guys all suck. @Lukan got atavian wings on a free spin
  • Totally willing to pay 150ish for a direwolf but 350 is batty. Hopefully they'll become slightly less rare.
  • Related, I'll sling a direwolf at somebody for five spins.

• Games of thrones isnt until july. Too early for dire wolves.
  • Khaibit got me, thanks guys!
  • So I thought, well they never said that the new artefacts on the wheel would become real artefacts in the store, so I figure why not lets spin the wheel.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a leadrope inlaid with silver.

I could not be happier, take that golem, now you are stuck with me!
  • I have a feeling they'll probably sell them at some point in the future (or maybe not, in which case yay I got a few), but the message I got for my issue me said that they definitely wouldn't be sold this month.

• I wish I'd get a reply on my issue of "Other artefacts from the wheel have a value.  Is the Skirl supposed to have a tradein value or no."
  • CataleyaCataleya Southern Atrousian Jungle
    I got a prismatic token off my free spin. So I spun again and...

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Pixie's Boots.
    You have received a raffle ticket!
  • I am pretty sure that 20/25 wheel spins have been xp gain for me.  :/
  • edited February 2017
    I think I just cleaned up. Was bored and bought five tokens (had not bought any before, or planned to buy any).

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Pixie's Boots.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a leadrope inlaid with silver.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a crate marked "live animal inside". "direwolf134566"     a massive dire wolf

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a supreme talisman cache.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a Mayan crown.

Questions:

1. I have to do something with the boots combine them with my landstriders, right?

2. How do I use the leadrope?

3. Should I keep or sell the direwolf? IT'S A DIREWOLF!

4. Supreme talisman cache - recommend sell, or open and most likely sell?

5. Mayan Crown - have bunches due to candy canes, but still nice!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited February 2017
    3.) It depends on you. I only kept one of my badged & collared mounts (which I don't really need as a serpent), but they are going for around 100-150 credits right now. They were going for a little more at its peak. The novelty period runs out very quickly, I'd see if anyone is interested anymore.

4) I sell my caches, because I do not enjoy gambling.

5) The flood of mayan crowns make me sad when I am trying to sell them. I've not seen one under 50 credits for years, now they're going for less than 30 credits. I am basically keeping all my crowns.

• Crowns from the wheel are bound, so you have no choice but to keep them anyway.
  • Will buy caches for 40cr!

• Prythe said:

2. How do I use the leadrope?

I did just bug it, but appears just having it in your inventory is all that you need to do. None of my loyals are following on Leap/Mountleap though they are with tumble.
  • Thanks to all who answered!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    1. You can probably just transfer the dex across through ARTEFACT POWER stuffs. It's cost a 25cr fee attached to it though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Was about to buy tokens...and then saw the price. I admit, it is a bit shocking, compared to the chances of prizes.
  • Last day of the month so I decided why not.

-lesson gain
    -lesson gain
    -shimmering ink
    -bound credits (40?)
    -upgrade voucher

..it's a good thing I like lessons
  • Above is adequate for the money.

• The lessons are 300-500 iirc.  They're very much worth it if you aren't omni-trans/don't want more classes.  Seriously, lesson gain from the wheel isn't something I think I'll ever bitch about.
  • Trey said:
    Above is adequate for the money.
    It's already been stated numerous times by other players why the chances with prizes are definitely not satisfactory and why it is not about gambling. I definitely will not go into that again.

As a summary. It isnt about gambling..it is about rewards. This really needs to sink in........

People are paying roughly $9 not for a gamble.

Anyway as I said, I currently dont mind lessons as im seeking to trans a new class, but in someone elses shoes it could easily be seen as ripped off.
  • Asmodron said:
    Trey said:
    It's already been stated numerous times by other players why the chances with prizes are definitely not satisfactory and why it is not about gambling. I definitely will not go into that again.

As a summary. It isnt about gambling..it is about rewards. This really needs to sink in........

Anyway as I said, I currently dont mind lessons as im seeking to trans a new class, but in someone elses shoes it could easily be seen as ripped off.
    Yes, but if you do not need lessons then that can't be helped. The issue I think (at least I had) was the bloody boxes! Spinning the wheel for a chance at a prize is fine, spinning for a chance for a chance of a prize isn't. 
  • Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:
    Trey said:

Yes, but if you do not need lessons then that can't be helped. The issue I think (at least I had) was the bloody boxes! Spinning the wheel for a chance at a prize is fine, spinning for a chance for a chance of a prize isn't. 
    IIRC; you didn't get lessons if you already had 4-5 classes.

They also changed the box thing.

Makarios & Nicola are great about listening to feedback, seriously.  I'm excited about next months.
  • Asmodron said:
    Trey said:

I'm going to have to agree with Trey. Even if you don't count the lessons at all, that's approximately a 45% increase in value compared to buying credits directly. If you do have use for the lessons, it's far better than that.
  • edited March 2017
    I really think the chocolates pouches and bound credits should be removed from the spins, just make me feel ripped off when those things pop up. I believe a lot feel the same too. I stopped spinning because of I don't want them anymore. Just what I feel, don't want to appear like I am whining.
  • KezKez
    edited March 2017
    My first 5 spins. I was not pleased. Never been a fan of chocolates.

an aromatic velvet pouch
    an aromatic velvet pouch
    a crate marked "live animal inside"
    an artefact discount voucher
    an aromatic velvet pouch

Also, if anyone's interested...

FREE SPINS 0

TOKEN SPINS 3803
     3.55%   135 a phial of shimmering permanent ink
    14.25%   542 racetrack tickets
     6.44%   245 a prismatic token
     4.50%   171 a mysterious crate