C++ Runtime Making Mudlet Crash

KayeilKayeil Washington State
@Qwindor and anyone else who has any ideas.

This is the error message I get:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Place contact the application's support team for more information.

It doesn't happen immediately. I can walk around and use goto functions for a bit. I get to hunting a few areas, then randomly it does that and crashes. First it may act like it has never heard of such an area before it crashes.

Not sure why this is occurring at all... Usually I can uninstall and redownland the C++ packages and it'll fix it, but not this time. This happens once in a great while. So what's new to my system? Well, I am playing a copy rather than my old original profile, because Gamden has been building this GUI for a while now that I am playing with, and it does have a small version of the map included in it. When I switched to this newer profile I did have to redownload mudlet mapper, and it'd act like it was downloading it three times at the same time, and then give 3 notifications that it was done. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mapper multiple times and it still does that. Other than that, there's nothing new to my system other than a bunch of gags and highlights I'd  been working on for hunting. The only thing new to my computer is Teamviewer, haven't downloaded anything else in a long time.
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Just happened again in the middle of manually hunting and walking around the Delos Guards area after hunting several areas prior. Before it had the error and crashed my main window wasn't updating with my attacking the denizen or anything like that, it was stuck. The only things that were updating was the red dot moving on the map and the module on my GUI that shows what's in the room. Then it crashed.

• I get this same thing when I have had mudlet open for a while and the ram usage is getting high, especially if I also have flash player going for some reason. I always assumed it was just because I play Achaea on a potato
    Kafziel said:
    I get this same thing when I have had mudlet open for a while and the ram usage is getting high, especially if I also have flash player going for some reason. I always assumed it was just because I play Achaea on a potato
    Hrm... I deleted all the map files, did fresh reinstalls of the mapper and the C++ libraries... as far as I can tell, still not fixed. I haven't tested it again in the last 12 hours but the last few times I tested it, it would crash. Not sure if it has to do with this GUI or maybe adding Klendathu's rage tracker. Only changes I've made. Usually when this happens it's because of a map update gone awry, but is usually easily fixed. Meh. This is so annoying. I hate feeling limited in what I can do because of the crashing.

Vadimuses said:
    Going to test it now. Was this for Epsilon or 2.1?

Vadimuses said:
    Tried it for Epsilon, still froze up.

• That's neither, download Mudlet from that link and give it a go.

When was the last time you reformatted or got a new computer?
    Vadimuses said:
    That's neither, download Mudlet from that link and give it a go.

When was the last time you reformatted or got a new computer?
    This computer I just got in December and had the same issues on this computer and the one before it.