Why do you hunt?

2»

Comments

• Why not rp reasons... My character hunts because it helps her manage life and stress. But I guess I'll go with exp. 
  • Because people with artefacts hurts a lot, and I need more health :)
  • Every answer (including essence) except "I like it"
  • Someone told me that's what you do and I've been doing it ever since. That's just the way it's always been. 

• I do it cause I like it. Gold is secondary, I can get that from selling inks or something. XP is tertiary.

• edited February 2017
    Grind in every other bloody game I play, why not this one too?
    Dochitha said:
     Experience mostly, the only thing money can't buy.

For now, until IRE decides they can get even more money by doing what Lusternia did: Introduce an artifact that lets you transfer exp to people. Although it MAY be only for post 100 people, since exp is 'different' once you hit 100 there. I haven't looked into it.

(Market): Artiwhore#67 says, "Selling instant dragon, 10,000,000 gold or 800 credits."
  • I would sell my xp without question. Yesplz. 

• I usually only hunt for essence (to re-raise shrines, not to accumulate personal or order essence). Usually I have to hunt for essence frequently enough that I also maintain enough gold for supplies, but if I happen to be desperate for gold, I'll hunt for that too.

Occasionally, I'll go hunt Annwyn just for the quiet (no CT or tells asking me for things). In that way, it's fairly relaxing, but largely because it's off plane. Though this usually overlaps with the above two things since I probably need gold or essence anyway.
  • Talismans for life.
     <3 
  • TIL our Dawnlord is a pauper. I just imagine @Farrah now with slightly too small clothes and lots of patches.  With fire.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    TIL our Dawnlord is a pauper. I just imagine @Farrah now with slightly too small clothes and lots of patches.  With fire.

You didn't learn that the day I walked up to you urgently requesting 10k gold or a ball of seftonium?

CL doesn't pay well. :(
  • I don't need gold or credits, I just want those sweet, sweet experience points for an eventual dragon. I also hate bashing, yet I have bashing artefacts. Why doesn't the wheel love me?! :(

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Torinn said:
    TIL our Dawnlord is a pauper. I just imagine @Farrah now with slightly too small clothes and lots of patches.  With fire.
    Confirmed, Farrah is the Harry Truman of Targossas.  Going to have to set up a Dawnlord pension since Farrah's has successfully avoided getting hit but a bus for over a month.
  • Farrah said:
    Torinn said:
    You didn't learn that the day I walked up to you urgently requesting 10k gold or a ball of seftonium?

CL doesn't pay well. :(
    CL doesn't really pay at all.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."