Where do you play from?

BluefBluef Delos
edited December 2012 in The Wander Inn
A quick survey to see the geographic spread of Achaeans around the world!

Comments

• Jiraishin said:
    I would have actually answered this if you hadn't had a hiding option.
    You're not hiding very well. I'm standing right behind you -.-

• Bluef said:
    Jiraishin said:
    I would have actually answered this if you hadn't had a hiding option.
    You're not hiding very well. I'm standing right behind you -.-
    Wrong. And if you could read the text on my avatar, you'd know how wrong.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

Lol... my option still isn't there. I must be playing from outer space.

Australasia or Oceania is the continent, would be a better option than Australia.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:

Australasia or Oceania is the continent, would be a better option than Australia.

Hmmmm, I've never heard of either of these places. I think this may demonstrate the different perspectives of the globe itself -- the 7 continents mentioned above are the standards here in the U.S., I think, but they may differ elsewhere. 
  • Bluef said:
    Katzchen said:

Hmmmm, I've never heard of either of these places. I think this may demonstrate the different perspectives of the globe itself -- the 7 continents mentioned above are the standards here in the U.S., I think, but they may differ elsewhere. 
    Australasia usually encompasses New Zealand and in some cases SE Asia. The Oceanic region would include some of the island areas like Samoa, Tonga and such too. It's not a continent, just a region for the sake of shoving everyone in the Southern Hemisphere around there into one category. Australia is officially both a continent and an island while NZ is classified as a set of islands, much like Japan or Borneo (correct me if I'm wrong, @Katzchen)
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

If you tried to say Australia encompassed New Zealand as a continent, you'd get some pretty weird looks here.

I was always taught in school that it's Australasia/Oceania. 

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• nah Australia doesn't include NZ as a continent from what we were taught. Australia is just on it's lonesome for that. We were taught to only use Australasia/Oceania when not referring to the continents (if that makes sense). I'm originally from Brunei which means technically we can be considered one of the island nations like New Caledonia. Opens up a whole new world of pain really.

• What Katz and Wysteria said! I'm from Australasia/Oceania, but I guess we're currently hiding? It makes me sad that this doesn't seem to be known as a continent outside of the countries within it.
    "All men must die.. But first we'll live."
  • Darlah said:
    What Katz and Wysteria said! I'm from Australasia/Oceania, but I guess we're currently hiding? It makes me sad that this doesn't seem to be known as a continent outside of the countries within it.
    Most people ask me, "What's Brunei?" instead of where it is each time I tell them :). Apparently they don't believe it's a country but rather a "thing".

• Why are none of the Asians representin'?
  • Tvistor said:
    Why are none of the Asians representin'?
    I'm Asian :( But in Australia :(

• edited February 2013

Wysteria said:
    Tvistor said:
    Why are none of the Asians representin'?
    I'm Asian :( But in Australia :(
    English born in Asia now in Australia.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Kansas, seriously - this place
  • Brazil.
  • Any Italian player out there?
    Light prevails, always
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Florida

• More specifically Alaska feel like I'm the only one anymore someone tell me I'm wrong??

• In a Galaxy far, far away.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Meg said:
    More specifically Alaska feel like I'm the only one anymore someone tell me I'm wrong??

Is your internet up there complete shit, or pretty decent?

• Antarctica really Cahin?  I just left McMurndo a few weeks ago,  Our internet was nowhere near reliable enough to play. 

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Finchy are you trying to be Xenomorph there?
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited April 2013
    Northern California.

While yes, it's true, we've got this, this, and this.

I live here here.

And we've got this.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Finchy said:
    I'm playing the old swordy-wordy tickle-and-roleplay using my clicky-clacker type-and-whacker up the apples and pears of my dusty tome in Blessed brighty, sipping my sippy-suppy and snacking a crumpet, god save 'er billy, god save our old Beth too right.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Bloody foreigner! Wales, land of my fathers, tidy, by there, innit, but.

(Wales != England for anyone outside the UK.)
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    u wot m8.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • XerXer Langley
    I dec u.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • u avin a giggle?