The world didn't end for some reason (awkward), so here's a special end of the year rave.

2»

Comments

• @Jacen ily bby, keep on keepin on.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Everyone in Mhaldor, for making me feel at home with Nizaris, and helping to provide definition for my character. You guys have been awesome, and you keep me coming back.

In no particular order, and primarily focused on the ones I interact with regularly, now:

@Jurixe: Not sure what else can be said, that hasn't been already. But basically, you set a standard that I try to live up to. Thank you.

@Xer: You are the exception to the rule: very high standard of RP, and someone who is progressing in combat every day. Thank you for all of the leadership that you have taken on, also.

@Quei: Being a great adopted daughter, and jumping in and helping out with administrative stuff whenever I needed you. Thank you so much.

@Xenomorph: You have been a great leader, and somehow manage to find a decent balance between being Evil, and encouraging. Keep doing what you're doing.

@Azor: You have been an excellent mentor to Nizaris, and he's really digging your leadership style: open ear when he needs it to bounce ideas off of, while at the same time, providing him with with enough rope to hang himself on, and also helpful suggestions from your years of leadership. Thank you.

@Isaiah: For making me, as your mentor, buckle down and try and figure out combat, even if just a little. Our present coding project is slowly taking shape, and I am glad to see that it is having a positive effect on your experience with the game. Also, thank you for our little OOC talks about life, family, and faith.

@Malkuzad: Not sure if you read here, but ... you have been an incredibly patient, incredibly persistent protege. Somehow, interruptions (like raids, ambassador interviews, new Malefics, etc), always seem to happen when we're working together. This bugs me to no end, because I feel like you get the short end of the stick. Thanks for sticking it out with me as long as you have, and I am looking forward to playing with you more.
  • Nizaris said:
    Everyone in Mhaldor, for making me feel at home with Nizaris, and helping to provide definition for my character. You guys have been awesome, and you keep me coming back.

In no particular order, and primarily focused on the ones I interact with regularly, now:

@Jurixe: Not sure what else can be said, that hasn't been already. But basically, you set a standard that I try to live up to. Thank you.

@Xer: You are the exception to the rule: very high standard of RP, and someone who is progressing in combat every day. Thank you for all of the leadership that you have taken on, also.

@Quei: Being a great adopted daughter, and jumping in and helping out with administrative stuff whenever I needed you. Thank you so much.

@Xenomorph: You have been a great leader, and somehow manage to find a decent balance between being Evil, and encouraging. Keep doing what you're doing.

@Azor: You have been an excellent mentor to Nizaris, and he's really digging your leadership style: open ear when he needs it to bounce ideas off of, while at the same time, providing him with with enough rope to hang himself on, and also helpful suggestions from your years of leadership. Thank you.

@Isaiah: For making me, as your mentor, buckle down and try and figure out combat, even if just a little. Our present coding project is slowly taking shape, and I am glad to see that it is having a positive effect on your experience with the game. Also, thank you for our little OOC talks about life, family, and faith.

@Malkuzad: Not sure if you read here, but ... you have been an incredibly patient, incredibly persistent protege. Somehow, interruptions (like raids, ambassador interviews, new Malefics, etc), always seem to happen when we're working together. This bugs me to no end, because I feel like you get the short end of the stick. Thanks for sticking it out with me as long as you have, and I am looking forward to playing with you more.

Thank you for your RP contribution, you are an inspiration in a realm with not much actual RP going on. I appreicate our OOC chats as well. We will get this combat thing... too easy ;)

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Alan Tracy. He switched with John Tracy on TB 5 every six months.

I think I was probably one of the few people who never interacted with you, but good luck with life, ect.
  • Interacting with Waseem will leaf you a better person.
  • Well, everyone else already kicked my ass in this so I'm gonna let it be short and sweet.

@Melodie, @Tessa, @Kyrra, @Aerek, @Alazne, @Assai.

All of you are bloody wonderful and very much the reason I keep playing.
  • Oh shit I forgot @Melodie.

All my raves to you. The few interactions we've had a long time ago have been simply the best. It may just have been minor interactions for you, but it was just the best of Achaea I've had.

I can't thank you enough, @Melodie. Hope you're still around if I ever get back. <3

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • XerXer Langley
    edited December 2012
    I want to sleep D:

@Jurixe: For being the first person in Mhaldor to really start RPing with me and inspiring me to really work on my own RP. Always there to help me out when I'm lost in Mhaldor and talk to about pretty much anything! I am also surprised it's only been a few months since we met - it feels a lot longer. Come back when you're ready; we still have so many more events to plan and run!

@Carmain: Because of cats.

@Tirac/@Ayoxele/@Aeolithon: For teaching me pretty much all that I know about combat, and constantly giving me opportunities to put into practice what they teach. Seriously, I owe you guys so much - no clue where I'd be without you guys.

@Cahin - Play a better Teemo. Your Blitzcrank isn't bad. Stop ksing as Darius. 

@Xenomorph - Thanks for taking the mantle of Tyrannus on. Being a leader isn't easy, but I think that if you look at the number of Mhaldorians who appreciate the contributions you've made, it'll have been worth your time.

@Jhui/@Rangor/@Yiwen/@Gyrth/@Penwize/@Defenders of Eleusis - Thanks for indulging in our wanton attempts to instigate conflict and for Jhui and co - Wait until I can tank a JPK/Impale/Axk D: I'll make your lives miserable then! J/k, thanks for all the small skirmishes you bring.

@Ruth/@Jiraishin/@Azor - Like I mentioned for Xenomorph, being leaders of houses, and Viceroys as well must be a difficult task - far beyond what I know. Thanks for the constant work and vigilance you put in, here's hoping Mhaldor will grow under your efforts.

@Sherazad/@Aepas/@Milenka/@Vrah/@Antidas/@Tvistor - For our interactions and being awesome. Whether that be for RP, combat, or just chatting, Achaea would be way less interesting without all of you around.

@Nizaris - For constantly helping out with the novices and coming up with more ways to improve on the Blood Congregation. I *will* get back to you on those reforms, I swear <.< Our conversations and the RP we've done together has been fantastic and I enjoyed every second of it. Now I want to find some other novice to scare appropriately D:

@My proteges and ex-proteges: You've all been awesome, and I'm sorry I don't have enough time for all of you guys all the time anymore. Keep pestering and pestering me and I promise we'll work on a lot more mentor - protege stuff as time pases by!

@Mhaldorians: There's lot of you I haven't really mentioned by name, but it would take me too long to mention you all. Suffice it to say, all of you guys are amazing, and I hope you stick around and continue to make Mhaldor even better than it is already :D

@Tanris/@Sohl/@Jarrod/@Tagg/@Everyone else in that group >.> - You're last cause I hate you all cause you all keep killing me (especially Tagg, whenever you're around, I die to *your* Kai Choke, like, 90% of the time. Even when Nemutaur, Triak and Akia are all hitting, it's you who killed me like, the last 7 out of 10 times >.>). J/k, you guys probably find me more annoying (or insignificant D:) more than the other way around haha. I really do enjoy all the fighting you instigate - I can't ask you guys to do more cause I think my citymates might murder me (IRL) but the skirmishes are very enjoyable. The ganks less so but that's life haha >.>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited December 2012
    @Trey thanks for the awesome RP, even in the weirdest ways, from Brother style with the Order, to dumbass idiot outside of it. It's nice to see more than one side of your character. (Also when I alt and see even more of your Character. A weird caring for people....) All of this, even though you don't NEED a damn godsword, that'd be insane.
  • One day I'm going to have to make one of these lists, and I already don't feel like doing all that work.  So stop making these threads.  Bah humbug.
  • @Tanris - Nothing more really needs to be said here, except that we should exchange contact details before one of us actually disappears from the game and/or appears in Europe/Australia.

@Tagg - You too, if you could fit through a regular doorway.

@Jurixe - also you.
  • edited December 2012
    @Arionna and the rest of the Moliuvias for being awesome. Will still probably randomly kill some of you if you're too stupid, though. Fortunately I have only had to like... damn that's a lot. Whatever, Ari will keep you guys in line.

@Tanris for being hilarious, epic, crazy, patient, all kinds of compliments and props. I also now twitch when I hear or read the phrase "We got this." Don't know how many times I've portaled to you and died within 5 seconds, but I facepalmed and laughed each time. Our ascendants fight was easily the best fight I've had in Achaea and we had so many timeouts (especially that one where you were about to die, gdi). I remember laughing like hell when you said "You say everything I've always wanted to, but can't" when someone was screaming at Rean for vibes in the city and he just brushed them off (a houseleader? whatever, screw politics).

@Mizik for being a boss. Seriously, guy just evades into guards, says "guards here" and everyone goes north to start killing them. And it works. What?

@Sohl and @Dunn for being NASA level coders and helping me when my tiny brain couldn't handle things. Always quality interactions (even the random OOC on PT, funny stuff). I remember Sohl getting me to trans enchantment and get his enchanter script (meteors sell great man trust me). I had to market those 500 meteors for like 4 weeks, gdi. And they were cheap, too! Necklace of purity is worth it though. Someone tried sniping me with voyria after I got unshrubbed. Please, do you know what kind of shrub I was? Not the kind that dies to voyria, that's what kind.

@Earionduil for having my back and 2v7ing Mhaldor a few days after I got unshrubbed. "It'll work fine," he said. And I'll be damned, it actually did. (walk into group, summon vibes, conc spam, tumble to get out). Guy is a hero.

@Peak for never leaving the forge in the entirety of his character's life. Pretty sure the newbie intro just dropped him there.

@Kyrra for making me say awwwwww like I just saw kittens wrestling and just hanging out and talking when the gods were dying. Great company, had a few sweet moments.

@All of Ashtan, even the morons different people that I sometimes disagree with. Was a blast playing with you guys, leading raids, randomly dropping retardation (GOD - IT REAN WHY DID YOU - oh. They're all dead?). Some of my best combat memories are being hopelessly outnumbered and somehow winning (and that one clutch dampen retardation I had when someone dropped it on us after calling for help). Loved being Jester and summoning Mizik whenever he'd do something simply insane and almost die. I saved him with that puppet so many times.

@Matsuhama, @Ellodin, @Jhui, @Dumah, @Rennyn, @Naisar, @Deridius, @Areshi and all you other ex-scions for being involved in one of my favorite parts of my character's life. Had a lot of fun with you guys, I still re-read the epic logs of Magi Rean + Runewarden Jhui v Monk Dumah + Pa(lupines)adin Ellodin best of 3 2v2's we had. Was great watching scions improve and get into the order, writing combat books, and just about every action. Favorite memory was sparring Mats in a rampage. He smashed people, but couldn't do that to me in ret. Lasted like 3 minutes against him, was great. Was too afraid to try to win (truedisfavour for like 5 years and/or that crazy mace that blackouts, stuns for 7 seconds, enfeebles, breaks every limb, gives you stupidity and prones for sure) but it was pretty epic. Will miss you guys!

Lastly, the rest of you. There's like 400 more people I need to mention (from the badass Amunet and all the Nihilists and Babel to the ridiculous people like Euronymous and Kiet who still leave me completely confused), but can't write about. I didn't forget any of you, and while I disagreed with some of you (and sometimes did pretty stupid things) I did a lot of growing up in Achaea. As I get older I look back and can only chuckle a bit - you guys have been really patient with me, from my first days in Achaea and through my mistakes. I like what Rean's become, and although the road here wasn't the smoothest, it's been a great ride. (I guess this is technically a career-wide rave, but whatever, semantics. Blame the Mayans.)
  • Rean said:
    Please, do you know what kind of shrub I was? Not the kind that dies to voyria, that's what kind.
    Pros know that blackwind choking is the best way to kill Rean as a shrub
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited January 2013
    @Cinya I am quite glad that you finally took the plunge and let me bloodline you! Not only did I get an awesome roleplayer for my textdaughter and snag a Shallamite, but I got a whole family of them as an added bonus. It's always been fun playing with you!

@Harmonia I love you. You are the best.

@Salvar You were my right hand man in the city, especially during your stint as Minister of Security and you never fail at being entertaining!

@Mannimar My favorite (and only) text son who never has never disappointed, you make me so proud being Prophet and such and thanks for trying to help me with Mudlet!

@Saphyria You are always a pleasure! <3

@Hhaos For generally being cool and dependable and being an fine example of Knighthood to Hashan and taking out its ever frustrating War position.

@Kotyonok You are crazy and we do not always get along but you have always been there to help Vayne out!

@Verily Everyone who interacts with you seems to love you, so glad we scooped you up with Cinya! I enjoy playing the protective grandfather with you!

@Aitox You work you butt off and deserve some credits you smug bastard.

@Serpentlords The young and enthusiastic and the old and dedicated.

@Nihilists You are always fun to interact with @Lianca, @Mathonwy, @Amunet, @Flair, @Corbeaux

@Ourania And last but not least, Ourania who works so hard for Hashan and its Houses and seems to always have time to spoil me. We are lucky to have you, thanks!

• This thread is getting more sickening by the day.  So much love.
  • So I feel guilty about playing the cool kid part so I'm really gonna do this.

@Dorn and @Lanar Coolest unrelated text bros a dude could ask for

@Nemutaur being cool, patient, and explaining things to me OOCly. Even though I hate you because you're 10x the combatant I am with .1x the playing time.

@non Lotus Hashani, Thanks for all the support and encouragement over the years. We've had good times and bad, but I've always felt like Hashan had my back. Got tons of congrats from ya'll when I got HL, and it really made me feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be.

@Hhaos @Eld @Mannimar @Alim @Qwindor and anyone else at the top of the Hashani combat tier. There were times when it would be so much easier to go to Ashtan/Mhaldor/Eleusis and really shine, but we've all stuck it out, and even though its a tougher road, I think we're all the better for it.

@Lanar again for putting up with all my ranting on pretty much every subject one could rant on, and always being there for comic relief.

@Karai for being an awesome coder, and for knowing tons of history and spiritual IG things. Its fun debating with you. Even though you still scare me.

@Eld for many things. Maintaining a good standing with the city, well enough to win Regent. Always being level headed and the voice of reason. For solving any Regex problem ever. For not yelling at me when I use the House ship and forget to repair hulls/sails. For kicking my ass in the arena.

@Black Lotus for being an awesome House, for accepting me as a leader, for the tremendous amounts of respect you bestow on me, and for having all of my respect. Love you guys.