Contest - New Emotes

2»

Comments

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2012
    I think this would be especially cool if it had a secondary emote/reaction customised for every divine lost in the most recent event:

Basic Emote
    liftglass <Divine>
    You lift your glass solemnly, toasting the eternal memory of <Divine>. 

Customised Emote Examples

liftglass Agathesis
    You lift your glass solemnly, toasting the eternal memory of Lord Agathesis' sacrifice on Nishnatoba.

liftglass Selene
    You lift your glass solemnly, toasting the eternal memory of Lady Selene's love for Lord Lupus. 

liftglass Pandemonium
    You lift your glass solemnly, toasting the eternal memory of Lord Pandemonium, when the silhouette of Sycaerunax fell across Keresis' blade. 

One for every God and Goddess who fell..and maybe you could let us give input on these? Pretty please. 

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2012
    balmet

You let an ear-splitting cry escape your lips as you relinquish your grasp on reality and shudder with insanity. 
  • zsnap (I was told this may exist in aetolia?)

Snapping your fingers as you waggle your hand back and forth, you say, "Oh no you di'nt."
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2012
    Rispok said:
    zsnap (I was told this may exist in aetolia?)

Snapping your fingers as you waggle your hand back and forth, you say, "Oh no you di'nt."
    I'm all for this -- I won't have to use my custom emotes anymore then!

ZSNAP
    Bluef weaves like a cobra as she zigzags her fingers in front of you, snapping at each point in an imaginary 'z' before shoving her palm in your face.

MOMMA
    Bluef clenches her hands into small fist and places them on her slender hips. Weaving her upper torso and head like a cobra, she locks eyes with you and you feel your grasp on reality fading. As she mutters unspeakable words about your momma, your heart skips a beat and then shrinks, leaving you feeling small and pathetic.

• response

untargetted:
    Jiraishin silently waits for a response.

alternately untargetted:
    Jiraishin stand silently, awaiting a response.

targetted:
    Jiraishin silently waits for Novice to respond.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    onwards
    Pointing off into the distance you loudly proclaim, "Onwards!"
    Pointing off into the distance Kenway loudly proclaims, "Onwards!"
    targeted
    Rallying <target>, you point off into the distance and loudly proclaim, "Onwards!"
    Rallying <target>, Kenway points off into the distance and loudly proclaim, "Onwards!"

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2012
    Dragon-only emote:
    sroar (dragons only)
    In a gesture of utter submission to the Greater Dragonsoul within, Bluef lets out an ear-splitting roar and throws her draconian head back to scream out in sorrow over the loss of Ashaxei. 

Everyone emotes: 
    rashaxei 
    Bluef grows still and her eyes glaze over as she recalls the loss of the White Dragon, Ashaxei. 

forashaxei
    With a gesture of remembrance for the lost opalescent heroine, Bluef throws her head back and screams "For Aaashhaaaaaaxxeeeiiiiii!"
  • edited December 2012
    I LOVE fistpump, mlaugh and msigh, for the record. Lots. 

I have a custom one I use a lot and like: 

asnort - Cinya snorts softly in amusement. 

A few other ideas: 

cgrin - Cinya brings a hand to her mouth to cover a bemused grin. 

cwatch - Cinya watches Sarapis cautiously. 

bury - Cinya buries her head in her hands. 

clasp - Cinya claps her hands reverently and bows her head. 

trailoff - Cinya trails off uncertainly. 

craise - Cinya raises her eyebrows challengingly. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Is there an emote to shove someone? Kinda like slap but for the those who do not like emote slapping.

• I like bury and trailoff.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Bluef said:
    Rispok said:
    zsnap (I was told this may exist in aetolia?)

I'm all for this -- I won't have to use my custom emotes anymore then!

ZSNAP
    Bluef weaves like a cobra as she zigzags her fingers in front of you, snapping at each point in an imaginary 'z' before shoving her palm in your face.

MOMMA
    Bluef clenches her hands into small fist and places them on her slender hips. Weaving her upper torso and head like a cobra, she locks eyes with you and you feel your grasp on reality fading. As she mutters unspeakable words about your momma, your heart skips a beat and then shrinks, leaving you feeling small and pathetic.

Strictly as a humble suggestion, you should try to stay away from telling other people how they feel when emoting/writing descriptions/etc.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    pish

Untargetted:
    Attempting to draw in wildlife, Masaryk focuses on nearby vegetation and sounds a gentle, "Pishhh, pishhh, pishhh."
    Attempting to draw in wildlife, you focus on nearby vegetation and sound a gentle, "Pishhh, pishhh, pishh."

Targetted:
    Directing your attention to nearby vegetation, Masaryk attempts to draw in wildlife by sounding a gentle, "Pishhh, pishhh, pishhh."
    Directing <target's> attention to nearby vegetation, you attempt to draw in wildlife by sounding a gentle, "Pishhh, pishhh, pishhh."

Just a side note, "pishing" is an extremely common technique used by bird watchers across the world to capture the attention of birds so they expose themselves for viewing.

• edited December 2012
    The winners are:

* onwards from @Kenway
    * clook from @Cinya (she actually said cwatch but going to go with clook)
    * sadsmile from @Anaidiana

Honorable mention to Bluef whose idea of an emote for each fallen Divine is awesome, but also beyond the scope of what I wanted to whip up quickly on a Saturday night.
  • Since we're doing catfights now:

pullhair 

Untargetted: 
    You look around for someone's hair to pull OR A look of utter madness crosses your face as you pull your own hair roughly. 

Targetted: 
    Bluef scowls and grabs a fistful of Kaie's hair, pulling on it roughly. 
    You scowl and grab a fistful of Kaie's hair, pulling on it roughly.  

• Sylvance said:
    gauntlet (must be wearing gloves) - Sylvance removes a glove, slaps you in the face with it, and throws it contemptuously at your feet.
    followed by — Sylvance shouts at [name], "I, good sir, challenge you to a duel!"
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

This discussion has been closed.