Echoing information derived from gmcp.Room.Info after the room description

KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
edited February 2017 in Client Help
I've written a little script in Mudlet to highlight where certain primes can be extracted, and it's working fine aside from where the echo is appearing in relation to the room description:

sulphur  salt  mercury 
Morland Falls.
Sunset falls upon the arid landscape, the reddish light filtering across the horizon. The 
sound of rushing water, gentle enough to be mistaken for rain, meets your ears as a small 
waterfall comes into view. Its named status obviously did not come from its size, as it 
begins its vertical journey only about forty feet from the ground; however, the colours 
that dance both behind the cascading sheets of water and below them are more than enough 
to warrant some fame. Crystals embedded in the smooth rock wall sparkle behind the film of 
water, while brilliant rainbows, the radiant child of foam and sunlight, caper among moss-
covered rocks. These stones line the edge of the resulting pool, still retaining rough 
angles that contrast with the fluidity of the water, while a single conifer stoically 
guards this natural wonder.
You see exits leading northeast, south, west, and in (closed door).
11001h|98%, 8325m|99% ex|cdbk- <br>
Ideally, the "sulphur salt mercury" line would appear under the exits. Can anyone help?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Presumably you're doing the echo inside the event handler for gmcp.Room.Info? If you get that event before the text description of the room (which is, usually, the case), it's going to run the event handler and do the echo before it outputs the room description.

Easiest fix would be to do the echoing part in a trigger for the exits line (optionally enabled when you get gmcp.Room.Info and disabling itself).
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Antonius said:
    Presumably you're doing the echo inside the event handler for gmcp.Room.Info? If you get that event before the text description of the room (which is, usually, the case), it's going to run the event handler and do the echo before it outputs the room description.

Easiest fix would be to do the echoing part in a trigger for the exits line (optionally enabled when you get gmcp.Room.Info and disabling itself).
    That's precisely what I'm doing and actually what I thought the solution might be, was hoping someone had something more elegant but hey, there's sod all elegant about most of my coding anyway, why start now?

Thanks for the response :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Can't you just store it in variables instead of echoing it out immediately and then first trigger it to echo on the exit line?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Veldrin said:
    Can't you just store it in variables instead of echoing it out immediately and then first trigger it to echo on the exit line?
    That's what I did :+1: