Video Games

Talk about anything and everything about games - upcoming, classic, good, bad, etc. If you think there's a large enough audience for a certain game (especially when they have the MMO aspect), feel free to make a thread about that separate game!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)

Comments

• Fallout 3 rulz!
  • Fallout plzkthx
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    I'm trying Dwarf Fortress atm...

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• I rediscovered my first online game: LEGEND OF THE RED DRAGON !!!!! (Can a BBS be considered online?)
    I rediscovered my first online game: LEGEND OF THE RED DRAGON !!!!! (Can a BBS be considered online?)
    Need to google, have no idea what this means... my age is showing. :(

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• Fire Emblem and Golden Sun.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Dungeon crawls are a favorite of mine. I've been slogging through Torchlight recently, as well as through a number of random roguelikes such as Angband and its many descendants.

We ought not offer only on one occasion, subliminally sublime sublimation.
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy Deus Ex... every quest, every character I met, and the whole premise of the game felt very done before. 

And Kingdom of Amular while having amazing skills had so so graphics, bad animations, clunky camera, and it felt like playing a solo player mmo. @_@ The game was fun, but it felt lonely. Might keep playing it to see if it gets better, the quests don't really make sense since the people are just flat out stupid 90% of the time, which makes them feel semi like real players >.> this game gives me mixed feelings. 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• It's so good I liked my own post.
  • I dabble in Starcraft II, it's fun. Dwarf fortress is a good time waster, it has an odd quality to it. It's boring whenever you think about it, but when you play it you can't stop for hours. At least for me. I also play a bit too much tribes ascend, and in all this madness, the rest of my gaming time is spent fishing in Achaea.
  • edited August 2012
    Delphinus said:
    looks like an avatar... which scares me 
  • when i want mindless slaughter i pop in halo reach and do unending gruntapoclypse... gotta love them head shots. 
  • I've been playing so much Katamari Forever that my eyes are spinning like slots!
  • Been playing Skyrim lately. Also, Minecraft.

Also, I wish I could like Delphinus' post twice. Planescape Torment is amazing. So is the Baldur's Gate series. (Buttkicking for goodness!) Still play both regularly.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I had the pleasure of playing Baldur's Gate on a GBA emulator.

It's sad I won't be able to play anything else..I think.

Anywho, I currently am playing League of Legends, Star Trek Online, and Saints Row 2 (and 3, once I'm done). I am so interested in GW2, but I don't have any funds for it :(

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I vaguely remember playing Baldur's Gate on a GBA. Never got far.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • GBA? I was talking about the PC series to which this is the second (and my personal favourite) of the two. You can still play them and there are a number of great mods available to make it more interesting for old players.

Not talking about Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance if that's what you meant instead. :)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I got Skyward Sword.  I am in love with this series again <3
  • Has anyone tired Dark Souls? That's what I've been playing lately. It reminds me of the original Zelda in that you're dropped into an open world with minimal direction (It's dangerous to go alone) and can then explore freely and take on the dungeons in whatever order you desire. It's extremely challenging in a way that makes me feel wimpy if I give up.

As a kid, Baldur's Gate was my thing. I can't even count the hours I spent playing those. I've still never beat Throne of Bhaal!
    "No, even when faced with certain death, never compromise."
  • edited August 2012
    The Baldur's Gate series is still one of the few games I keep coming back to (sometimes I try out mods too. There are some pretty great ones).
    Of course, partly that's just because I don't buy any new games. The last game I bought was about 7 or 8 years ago. Now I just play Achaea, replay old stuff, or play free games.
  • Delphinus said:
    Updated my journal.

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Planescape Torment is probably my favourite games. I think I run through it twice a year, never gets old. If you've not played it, hop to.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited August 2012
    Lianca said:
    Planescape Torment is probably my favourite games. I think I run through it twice a year, never gets old. If you've not played it, hop to.
    Haven't played that in years, but the witty skull banter was always fun. I was on an Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate run for a couple of years.

I've been playing an offline game, there's  a series of them actually, called Avernum. It's a turn based game with a good story and a lot of challenging puzzles to figure out in the form of crises. For instance, disease could be spreading across the land, and you have to figure out the source and take care of it or characters in the land actually start dying off... permanently. Towns can be destroyed by ravaging hordes of monsters as well if you sit by and do nothing.

• I'm not big on retro gaming especially when it comes to roleplaying games, but I've been messing with a n64 emulator on my android. I remember playing goldeneye 4 player with my army buddies from back in the day to a point of ridiculous game mastery. I was also big on quake 4. My gaming has fell to a point of low interest lately but I'm awaiting halo 4 and really just awaiting what the new xbox will bring. 

• Among things which were recently stolen from my flat was my folder with all my old old games in it - most of bullfrog's games, imperium galactica, various xcom games, worms, all the golden old ones that noone seems to be able to make anything like any more because (in my opinion) People put too much time into the engine and not enough into the plot/story/fun.
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    My favourite boredom buster has always been the simple old NetHack. I was even please to see since moving over to the Mac side of town, someone's already written a port of NetHack for Mac.
  • Thaumas said:
    I rediscovered my first online game: LEGEND OF THE RED DRAGON !!!!! (Can a BBS be considered online?)
    Pfft, we just called it L.O.R.D. back in 'the day'.  There was another BBS game I used to play, something about being in an insane assylum and trying to break out/wreak havoc. I can't remember what it was called atm.

Also, from same era, I loved Ascendancy. Ahh, nostalgia rising.