Weights

What's with how crazy weights are?

Princess Lispethia is described as a "slip of a girl" and "14 years old" yet weighs 120 pounds.
My enchanted "pebble" weighs 3 pounds.

And my favorite to date:
A swarm of bees weighs 125 pounds.
A bee weighs about .1 of a gram (0.0035274 oz)
So 125 pounds of bees = 566,990 bees

Laerin came up with a different total using a 3K bees per pound measurement to come out to a mere 375,000 bees

Comments

• Accipiter said:
    You should live in a metric country, then all these crazy weights are just magical fairy units and everything makes sense.
    QFT
  • Shield of Absorption weighs 0 ounces, if I recall correctly.
  • This large shield glows softly yellow. Emblazoned on its enchanted surface are ancient Aldar runes 
    that seem to undulate before your eyes.
    It weighs 0 ounce(s).

Yup
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    My shield of absorption weighs 7 pounds.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • My customised SoA is 0 ounces.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I wonder if they had plans to use weight for something but never got around to it
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @Torinn lets hope not. Can imagine killing the septacean and suddenly being unable to move with its massive corpse weighing me down.
  • I'm convinced it's not actually the mass of the item that is weird, but that gravity in Achaea affects objects differently. That's why things like mass salve work- they alter how gravity works. So clearly bees have mastered gravity alteration and increase their weight to stimulate wing development in order to further the evolution of their kind so that in the year 1300, they can overtake us all. >.>

• Borran said:
    I'm convinced it's not actually the mass of the item that is weird, but that gravity in Achaea affects objects differently. That's why things like mass salve work- they alter how gravity works. So clearly bees have mastered gravity alteration and increase their weight to stimulate wing development in order to further the evolution of their kind so that in the year 1300, they can overtake us all. >.>
    Or the bees can't help themselves from the royal jelly.
  • But what if I'm not ready for this Jelly....?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• it's just 1 really fat bee