[Nexus] Client stuck on message after adding Reflex packages

I was tinkering with reflex packages a bit (Nexsys and the samueldcorbin packages on Github to be precise) and no idea how I did it, but the Nexus client is now continuesly spamming "You do not have a ring bearing that resistance enchantment." up to the point that the game is unplayable. I of course removed all the reflex packages, but the message persists (at a rate of a few messages per second).

I have no idea what is causing it and how to get rid of it, so any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tyrannis said:
    I was tinkering with reflex packages a bit (Nexsys and the samueldcorbin packages on Github to be precise) and no idea how I did it, but the Nexus client is now continuesly spamming "You do not have a ring bearing that resistance enchantment." up to the point that the game is unplayable. I of course removed all the reflex packages, but the message persists (at a rate of a few messages per second).

I have no idea what is causing it and how to get rid of it, so any advice would be very welcome.
    First up, CURING OFF will stop it spamming, the serverside is trying to put up one of the resistances.

Once it's stopped spamming you, take a look at what's in your CURING PRIORITY LIST (I think that's the syntax), the set any of the resist (electric, fire, etc) to 26. Once you've done that, CURING ON to test.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Once it's stopped spamming you, take a look at what's in your CURING PRIORITY LIST (I think that's the syntax), the set any of the resist (electric, fire, etc) to 26. Once you've done that, CURING ON to test.
    Close, but not quite. Resistance rings are defences, so you want CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE LIST rather than CURING PRIORITY LIST (which is afflictions). Then you'll need to do CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE <defence> RESET to turn them off. 26 is only for ignoring afflictions, you can't explicitly set defences to priority 26 (which doesn't exist for them).
  • Thanks for the help!

I switched CURING OFF. When I used CURING DEFENCE LIST, I noticed the option to put CURING REPORTING ON. Once I did that, I switched CURING ON and saw this:

[Curing]: ACTIVATE COLD RESISTANCE<br><br><p>You do not have a ring bearing that resistance enchantment.</p>

I then used CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE coldresist RESET. Once I did that and switched CURING ON, it spammed me about electricresist. So I rinced and repeated until it stopped.

I set the following defences to zero (and they are no longer in my defence list at all):
    coldresist     : 25
    electricresist : 25
    fireresist     : 25
    magicresist    : 25
    nightsight     : 25
    skywatch       : 25

I am now looking into finding some good documentation (or a guide) on the Curing system. It looks rather handy to use. It must have gotten switched on by Nexsys I guess.
  • Plus side; running into this issue pointed me towards the server-side curing system and I've stopped dying to denizens all the time. :+1: