Class Concepts In Achaea. Dream a Dream

edited February 2017 in North of Thera
Ever fancied a class concept to be introduced in Achaea? Or a twist on a current class that would make it bedazzle more than a Twilight vampire in sunlight?

Let's see it!

1. Be creative but keep it practical. No "Press button to kill room instantly". We arent Jhui

2. You can go as crazy as you want but if you want it to sound more realistic, you should keep the technological age of Achaea in consideration. Attaching guns and canons to your body to become a terminator, while cool, sounds silly.

3. Other classes from other games are fine, but try and explain what those classes do. Some of us havent played those games. Or just build up on what they have.

4. If you want to give it backstory, go for it.

A general concept can be:

Name - Power they draw from - Skills if you like - Backstory if you like.

(Note: This is mostly for fun and creative release, dont expect any of these to actually be considered, but hey you never know)

Comments

• Dreamweaver

I always loved this concept. It is high on mystical, fantasy and has a harmonious effect to it. Skills I could imagine working with it:

- Illusions
    - Spirit form able to travel while sleeping
    - Able to enter the dream realm
    - Encounter odd creatures, souls and nightmares in dream realm (combat nightmares with Dreamflame)
    - Put others into a deep sleep and able to affect them to a much higher degree while sleeping
    - Summon a 'Night-mare' to ride (basically souls of unicorns)
    - A kill based on a sleeping mind drifting off to the dream realm with the final breath of a restful slumber.
  • edited February 2017
    That's quite literally Dreamweaving from Lusternia. Minus the 'odd creatures' and nightmare mount. The rest of it, yes.
  • @Asmodron

That's literally Lady Valnurana's order t b h.

Staff Monk Variant / polearm knight variant

Uses a weapon, throws in lots of flourishing moves and is a 2 handed class.  Could possibly wear an SoA.

Mounts available for polearm knight.  (Let's them run someone down.)  Basically an impale that's like a lunge.  Ultimate "GET BACK HERE", but requires momentum or something.

That's it for right now tbh.
  • Frederich said:
    Asmodron

That's literally Lady Valnurana's order t b h.

True but this wouldnt be the first skills gained that are associated with a divine to some extent. Take harmonics and voicecraft, both are associated with Scarlatti but hey bards exist.

Dreamseers are kind of already a thing in Achaea, would be interesting to see it expanded upon.

@Ryzeth yeah I know Dreamweaving in Lusternia but that skill is very..supplementary(?) as are most skills there tied to Mages. I like small aspects of it...but I could definitely see it take off to far more interesting levels here.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'd like some manner of dirty-fighting swordsman. Mixing brawling and weaponns (dirk or longsword, maybe?) it'd be a bit like Blademaster, in that they can both punch and swing at the same time, but the flavour would do away with all the mystic-like things like airfist and such and focus on purely physical aspects

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Barbarians.

Skills are Brawling, Legendlore, and Icons.

Brawling is the main combat skill. Stylistically it's very pro-wrestling: basic moves include punches and gouges but also grapples, throws, chokeslams, piledrivers, flying clotheslines, elbow drops. Brawlers can craft their own special personal finisher move by selecting a technique and choosing from a list of adjectives, eg. Golden Suplex of the North, Deadly Powerslam of Death, Chaos Moonsault.

Legendlore is a skill based around campfire stories and tavern tales. For barbarians, legends have magical power, and barbarians can draw upon the power of their own legend. If a barbarian performs a feat of strength, tales will be told that exaggerate it: in the tale the barbarian becomes strong as a bull. The barbarian can then draw on the power of that tale for +2 strength. Now that (s)he is even stronger, the tales will be even more exaggerated... How this would work mechanically I don't know, but the skill revolves around building a reputation, personal buffs, maybe a tribal element. And an ability where they can tell a tale around a campfire or in a tavern to regen/buff whoever listens.

Icons would better be named Totems or Spiritlore or something, but whatever. The barbarian selects a spirit icon, typically an animal, that represents their... you know, spirit: the White Bear, the Ocean Crow, the Phantom Coyote, the Storm Shark. They fashion a mask that represents this spirit, and gain some of its power in exchange for becoming its embodiment. Various buffs, secondary attacks, utility, special moves, I don't know. They're luchadores. Maybe a little bit Power Rangers.
    I'm.

So.

DOWN
  • Taking this from the 2015 class concept thread. I was really, really really really excited with the Tsol'eth coming back. Depthwalker hit close to it but just a little off.

Tahquil said:
    -Saltes master-
    Inspired by the book "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" by H.P. Lovecraft. Its a little bit Necromancer, occultist, alchemist/Shaman rolled into one.

The First skill would be "Saltes" in which the Saltes Master has to find different denizens, kill them and reduce their corpses to ash/essential saltes which could be able to be cached much like tarot cards are. These saltes can be used and combined in various quantities to raise 2-3 loyal beings with varying traits which would be reflected in their short descriptions. Certain traits wouldn't be able to coexist with traits leading to a balancing act by the master. The beings can lend both bashing and PK support depending on what you mix.

The second one is "Knowledge" which is like the occultists' pacts. These hold most of your personal defences which can range from a simple enchantment to bigger things. Bigger meaning you would have to collect certain things, perform a ritual which summons a greater being which you would use you skills (could be straight out bashfest but I think something like the Lusternia influence system would be excellent here) to dominate the being which will give you access to stronger defences. Perhaps after 2 years the words to summon the defence will begin to drift from your mind making you have to redo the ritual.

Third is "Accusation" (or something better named). Which will be the afflictions skill.. I haven't given much thought to this one.

• Dr Strange.
  • Shadows, Time Manipulation... I got the class I wanted.  Terminus for the flavor that ties it to Achaea. I didn't really want scythe, but it's fine.  

I suppose next, I would want an Occie Knight. 

• I would definitely love the concept of classes introduced that you can only gain after some form of quest or agreement between yourself and the denizen leader of a group or someting along those lines.

We would still have our current classes that are selectable via intro, but these 'experienced' classes would only be gained by an experienced player that has come to understand Achaea and its working. It may require a player to be above level 80 or perhaps some quests could have such danger to them that it requires you to be as tanky as a dragon.

These classes would be locked for a reason, because they would come with a price. Some may require you to do a quest so foul and heretical (on both sides of the field) that it would change your character forever. Others may make you change into a unique race to utilize the class (Kx'khrah?), of which if you change race, the skill is unusable. Some may simply be a test of knowledge and mazes that can leave you dazed, but gift you with knowledge the same (lorewarden?)
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Phage - Ranger meets Necromancer and blurs the lines between growth and decay, life and death.

Culling
    The primary martial skill of the Phage, with spear or sword in hand, strice down your enemies or anyone else fool enough to trespass where your colony deigns to spread.

Germination
    Harness your many spores to spread disease to your enemies or heal your allies. Lifeblood feeds the colony as it prepares to burst into bloom. Culminates in the transcendent ability Lichenheart which allows you to propogate your fungus within your gaping chest and feed them with your own blood, cyclically enhancing both your powers.

Decay
    Command your fungi to bloom, withering the world around you with gluttonous abandon and allowing for powerful feats of destruction at the cost of absorbed blood. Culminates in the abilities of Husk and Populate, allowing you to drain the body of a foe from the inside out and turn their corpse into a bed of new life for your loyal colony.
    Populated husks store an ability of their hosts class as well as constantly producing spores when enemies are near. Using stored class ability will destroy the husk.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I would love a battle mage knight. I like the devo and necromancy skill line way more than runes and would love to see a knight that harnessed elemental magic instead.
  • Damn. Some really amazing shit so far. Time to up my game.
  • Kenway said:
    Phage - Ranger meets Necromancer and blurs the lines between growth and decay, life and death.

Culling
    The primary martial skill of the Phage, with spear or sword in hand, strice down your enemies or anyone else fool enough to trespass where your colony deigns to spread.

Germination
    Harness your many spores to spread disease to your enemies or heal your allies. Lifeblood feeds the colony as it prepares to burst into bloom. Culminates in the transcendent ability Lichenheart which allows you to propogate your fungus within your gaping chest and feed them with your own blood, cyclically enhancing both your powers.

Decay
    Command your fungi to bloom, withering the world around you with gluttonous abandon and allowing for powerful feats of destruction at the cost of absorbed blood. Culminates in the abilities of Husk and Populate, allowing you to drain the body of a foe from the inside out and turn their corpse into a bed of new life for your loyal colony.
    Populated husks store an ability of their hosts class as well as constantly producing spores when enemies are near. Using stored class ability will destroy the husk.
    Would you say this class is... untouchable?

• Barbarians.

Skills are Brawling, Legendlore, and Icons.

Brawling is the main combat skill. Stylistically it's very pro-wrestling: basic moves include punches and gouges but also grapples, throws, chokeslams, piledrivers, flying clotheslines, elbow drops. Brawlers can craft their own special personal finisher move by selecting a technique and choosing from a list of adjectives, eg. Golden Suplex of the North, Deadly Powerslam of Death, Chaos Moonsault.

Legendlore is a skill based around campfire stories and tavern tales. For barbarians, legends have magical power, and barbarians can draw upon the power of their own legend. If a barbarian performs a feat of strength, tales will be told that exaggerate it: in the tale the barbarian becomes strong as a bull. The barbarian can then draw on the power of that tale for +2 strength. Now that (s)he is even stronger, the tales will be even more exaggerated... How this would work mechanically I don't know, but the skill revolves around building a reputation, personal buffs, maybe a tribal element. And an ability where they can tell a tale around a campfire or in a tavern to regen/buff whoever listens.

Icons would better be named Totems or Spiritlore or something, but whatever. The barbarian selects a spirit icon, typically an animal, that represents their... you know, spirit: the White Bear, the Ocean Crow, the Phantom Coyote, the Storm Shark. They fashion a mask that represents this spirit, and gain some of its power in exchange for becoming its embodiment. Various buffs, secondary attacks, utility, special moves, I don't know. They're luchadores. Maybe a little bit Power Rangers.
    Found my new class.
  • I'm surprised I haven't already seen a pro-wrestler monk about.

• speaking of power ranger... i want a "power ranger"-like class. not have to be power ranger directly but a tribute to it... somethng like that.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Shirszae said:
    I'd like some manner of dirty-fighting swordsman. Mixing brawling and weaponns (dirk or longsword, maybe?) it'd be a bit like Blademaster, in that they can both punch and swing at the same time, but the flavour would do away with all the mystic-like things like airfist and such and focus on purely physical aspects
    It would be cool if blademasters got this. 

• A cliche but I wouldnt mind seeing a blood magic based class introduced to Achaea. No this is not vampirism. Yes I know of Hematurgy in Aetolia but that is a strange vampiric concept I'd prefer to try to avoid (as well as the odd ritualistic aspect). The only aspects I can think of in Achaea that shows blood magic is the pentagram made in blood in Apostasy, but that is based more on necromancy essence in blood to summon daemons. Additionally there is Shamans with bleed and inflame but that is also quite small.

The concept would be based upon manipulating blood in a mix of scientific and mystical concepts. Spells cast that draw from your health pool rather than mana pool, with the amount of health given adding to the potency of the spell for more effects. A dangerous line to walk to be sure.

I could see the skills as such:

Bloodlore
    Knowledge of the potency in Blood and how to utilize it. This would range from the basic attack abilities of drawing someone's blood out, to the more advanced capabilities of turning one's body again them with relapses, clots and limbs going numb. The highlight of this ability is gaining complete control of a victim's body for a limited time. Any creative individual would know how to use this to great advantage. General utility abilities would include scenting someone's blood, sensing all in the area, to even full control over your bleeding at the cost of mana (sorry blademasters).

Examples:

Vessel: Burst the blood vessels in your target, causing damage and slight bleeding.

Drain: Forcefully draw the blood out of the pores of your target for your needs, causing more bleeding if they already are.

Analyze: Capture a drop of blood from your target and analyze its properties, gaining insight.

Empowerment: Should you have analyzed your target's blood, your drain spell will now heal you as well as damage your target

Scent: Scent for the location of your target, should you have analyze their blood, you will gain more knowledge.

Clot: For every 100 bleeding, you can cause the blood to clot in your target, causing pain and slowing them

Ironbody: Strength your own body through your blood, making you take less damage

Numb: If you target suffers from 3 clots, you can numb a limb of your choosing. This limb will be unusable until the clot is cured

Control: Your body is your own, and you shall not bleed unless you allow it, at a constant cost to mana.

Rejection: Make your analyzed target's body reject the next curative they attempt to consume.

Kneel: Should your target have a numb leg, you can force them prone. They are unable to stand until the numbness is gone

Marionette: If your target has 2 numb limbs and sufficiently weak in mana, you can gain full control of their body for a time. What you do is up to you, but the shenanigans you can get away with are endless (though within proper conduct rules).

Epidemiology
    The second skill would involve the creation of plagues that would infect the bloodstream. These plagues can be used for several harmful effects to ensure the subduing of your target. By harvesting a drop of your target's blood, you able to manipulate it and create several harmful plagues to rush into their system. These plagues can range from general afflictions such as thinning their blood, to more potent diseases that are incurable for a time. The most important aspect of this skill is to leave a corrupt mark in your target's body, making it grow in strength with each plague.

Adjustments (Couldnt come up with an interesting name)
    The third skill is based on enhancements through the harvesting of racial traits through the genetics in their blood-stream. This would require to actually go forth and cull a creature of said race in order to gain a sample. With said blood that you store in a cache, you can use it to enhance yourself. While you can harvest any race...it should be noted that not all races have strong enough blood to bring forth any meaningful traits. You may only transform your structure with up to 3 races at a time. Examples:

Mhun: Increase leg-muscle strength, allowing for faster walking and sprinting.

Tsol'aa: Stronger mental control: decrease eq recovery

Grook: Heightened intelligence: +1 int and increased mana

Atavian: Though flight may be impossible, you can sprout wing-like bony appendages that can be used to stab your target for extra bleeding. Own balance

Rajamala: Faster reflexes and sharp teeth of a Rajamalan: Decreased balance recovery. Can also bite a target for damage, will go through shields.

Troll: Increase bodily strength: +1 str. Also gain an immunity to stink

Xoran: Scale like skin, gives access to the Bask ability. While you are unable to breathe fire like an Xoran, you are able to release a gas that strip a defense. Will always target shield and prismatic first.

Horkval: Shell-like skin, increase physical resistance. Also gives access to Leap ability

Siren: A transformation of the vocal cords. Gives you access to the Screech ability, inflicting your target with several mental affs.

Satyr: Stronger leg-strucker and production of hoof-like feet. Gives access to Rampage ability, damaging and bleeding any prone target.

Merman: Ability to breathe underwater and faster movement in water.

Dwarf: Stockiness and thicker skin of a dwarf. Gives increase resistance to magic, fire, cold and poison damage.

Vertani: Increased size, offering +1 constitution and extra health regen.

Goblin: Inherit the sneakiness of the goblins, gaining increased dodge chance. Will also have a chance to increase bleeding upon any physical strikes

Harpy: You will sprout feathers and a constant unwashable stink.

Tsol'teth: You will be consumed by a constant periodic agony as shadows rip through you...you will also harm all those in the room with each time this happens.

Fae (Sidhe/Unsidhe): Side-effects unknown, may involve random sparkling.

The most potent of this ability is to, rather recklessly, rapidly transform your body by imbiding the traits of every race in your cache all at once. Your body will become imbued with their power...but you will be unable to hold this for long. Once the effect passes, your body will be drained and experience relapse, causing you to black-out and faint for some time.

I've decided to attach any fun concepts with images I love, cause why not.

Image result for Blood Lord vladimir

httpvignette2wikianocookienetavatarimages44bAmon_bloodbending_Korra_and_Makopngrevisionlatestcb20121107110130

Nice little gif I found:

Image result for Amon wolves bloodbending

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Adjustments sound like a skill the Tsol'teth would have. Maybe instead of Aeonics  :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• If forestals or even Eleusians had a custom salute unique to themselves. (like how monks have monkbow) It would look like how katniss everdeen puts two of her fingers on her lips and salutes the crowd by raising those same too fingers above her head. Maybe kissing a leaf while doing that or something 

• Approve of the blood class.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited February 2017
    Siena said:
    If forestals or even Eleusians had a custom salute unique to themselves. (like how monks have monkbow)
    There is a Nature emote, actually! Well, it's a forestal-themed one:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When you NATURELOVE:
    You will see:    You release your breath contentedly, luxuriating in the bonds you sense with Nature.
    Others will see: Sarathai releases his breath contentedly, luxuriating in the bonds he senses with Nature.

When you NATURELOVE at Vellis:
    You will see:    You turn happy eyes upon Vellis, releasing your breath in utter contentment while luxuriating in your bonds with Nature.
    Vellis will see: Sarathai turns happy eyes upon you, releasing his breath in utter contentment while luxuriating in his bonds with Nature.
    Others will see: Sarathai turns happy eyes upon Vellis, releasing his breath in utter contentment while luxuriating in his bonds with Nature.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are Order-specific ones though. Artemis' order has a custom emote, as does at least Aegis. Probably others as well (emotes aren't hard to add). Although browsing the emote list was how I found the dragoncall emote, as well as the hilariously amusing dramaqueen one.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• While I'm not a true Achaean, I did dream up a class concept a while back;

Viromancer

The viromancer uses her own body as a vessel for the unclean. To do so requires years of uninterrupted preparation to extend her own unnatural life, to build a tolerance to the multitude of pathogens that she bears on her body. The master viromancer understands the philosophy of their mad method and bears not only disease of the flesh, but disease of the mind.

Virulence is the first lesson taught to an aspiring viromancer. It involves the rapid accumulation and subsequent dispersion of pathogens in the body of the enemy - put there usually by the viromancer. The viromancer can do several things to bring this about: direct application of a disease to the enemy, induction of susceptibility in the enemy and modification of an existing disease.

Heresy is the other lesson taught to the budding viromancer. It involves the spread of a philosophy that worships Nihilism, the desire for extreme pessimism. Heresy is taught to the victim by afflicting them with various states of mental susceptibility, molding and shaping transiently held beliefs in the minds of the enemy. When the enemy is subsequently disillusioned, the viromancer can force the victim to impale themselves upon their own weapon.

The master viromancer is a true expert in biology, allowing them to exploit unexpressed genetic material in the body of the enemy, turning on and off different susceptibilities as necessary to drive their enemy to extinction.

It is a dual-metric class: Virulence & Heresy

It will have two instakill methods: Succumb & Nihilism

The flavour will be unarmed palm strikes alongside a rope-knife; alternatively, they may choose a plague-staff for use in melee combat; they will be anti-telepathic, have a class-count bonus (more viromancers = more bad), and have offensive specialisations (prevaricator -limb spec, vector -virulence spec, geneticist -debuff spec).

The class skillsets will be: AB VIROLOGY, AB EPISTEMOLOGY, and AB CORRUPT-TAEKATE (yes).

Prz.

• Out of sheer boredom, im going to add other racial adjustments the blood mage could discover.

Ogre: You will find your health bolstered slightly but will be periodically afflicted by stupidity.

Mingruk: You will decrease in size and thus constitution.

Gnoll: your jaw will become enlarged, causing you to unexpectedly slober from time to time.

Vampire: your drain spell will heal you for more..but you may find yourself unexpectedly lashing out at others in the room in hunger.

Orc: unnoticable changes..except slightly more damage against dwarves.

Undead: your body will begin to rot, resulting in less damage taken. Unfortunately your balance recovery will be severely increased as well your limbs may periodically shrivel away.

Ophidian: you will find consuming poisons directly to satisfy any hunger

Triton: webbed hands and feet for faster swimming. Unfortunately you will be unable to consider any landwalker an Ally.

God: if you are brave enough to even try...
  • New class: Chicken Yodeler

• edited February 2017

The idea I had for this is a Spiritualist that summons different spirits. It was kinda what I hoped the Shaman rework would be. Burst afflictions planned in advance, random but planned.

Spiritualist Class

Skills:

Communion: The ability to summon powerful spirits to aid ones self or harm others. There are different techniques of summoning. (but essentially, the longer the delay,  the more dire the effects) Capstone similar to Doom. Call the Spirit of Death. It will kill someone in the room, prioritizing someone currently possessed by a spirit, but if no one is, it chooses at random from the remaining people in the room. So.. if enemy is possessed when it arrives, they die. If they are not,  it's a 50/50 whether you or they die. If they escape you.. you pay with your life. 

Clairovoyance: With planning and forethought, one can avoid those undesirable fates. (Defenses, scrying, tracking, and the ability to eat an herb now to cure an affliction later. Your instakill is Precognition<Capstone>. You foretell an affliction, giving a 3rd party message telling what affliction it is. After X seconds, if they still have that affliction, they are frozen in disbelief. -See Sentinel Petrification-) 

Possession: The ability to force a communed spirit to periodically torment your foe with a set of afflictions unique to each spirit. While the spirit possesses your target, it's powers cannot be used with Spiritualism. Capstone ability is Possession, a behead-like ability that allows you to take over the targets body for a short while instead of killing them.  Essentially, all your commands become MIND COMMAND <command>, but you lose control of your own body for the duration.

The concept: Imagine Serpent, but your doublestab afflictions aren't delivered for seconds after you attack, but you could line them up 3 sec/5sec/7sec but your affliction pairings were already set. You get different snakes that have different sets of venoms, but when that snake is out, you can no longer use certain venous. And your hypnosis strings are preset afflictions, randomized, and repeating.

Defensively plays like DW, trying to dodge what might kill you in advance.

Kill methods:
    A: Try for a softlock/hardlock while they're under possession and Call Death..
    B: Stack affliction stacks, burst afflict to go for locks. If they cure in a way that allows you to stack, go for Foretell and pray to RNG.
    C: If you can't get either, throw some delayed afflictions with a possession and body swap with them, don't cure the incoming afflictions to artificially build momentum, then see method A or B.

So, you gotta feel out their curing and know what afflictions you want to give 5 seconds in advance. Every lock method is a leap of faith hoping that your possession affliction will land during  1.4 second window. Counterplay will be swapping your curing to suboptimal curing on the fly to avoid Foretell.

• Oh, left out an important bit: Possession manifestation is delayed and lasts until the target is completely cured of all afflictions. You can summon another spirit to possess them and it will replace the current one,  but the current possession in effect will remain until the new one manifests. 

• Moar Ideas!